Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

22 minutes ago, Les Bird said:

Just been looking at Accurascale's email about the Deltic. Given the level of detail, the price is exceptionally impressive.

Especially when compared with others

I think this is an understatement!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Les Bird said:

Just been looking at Accurascale's email about the Deltic. Given the level of detail, the price is exceptionally impressive.

The price quoted is just the two cabs,its more if you want the full loco.........only joking,

its all out realism at no extra cost,stunning stuff,how lucky we are.

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The price quoted is just the two cabs,its more if you want the full loco.........only joking,

Maybe for 1 April, @Accurascale Fran @McC might want to dissect one of the many scrap bodies from the Deltic development that they likely have at their HQ and have a go at modelling this. No real customer is going to be in the mood to butcher a finished production model, so AS are the only people who could produce the Definitive ex-scrapyard Deltic cab!

55021 cab 090809

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I remember seeing a loco on ebay consisting of two cabs cut & shut back to back on a motor bogie, but I think it was a 37. 

... please don't do that to an Accurascale one !

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I remember seeing a loco on ebay consisting of two cabs cut & shut back to back on a motor bogie, but I think it was a 37. 

... please don't do that to an Accurascale one !

I remember that. Emphasis on WAS.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

And that you ignored the Bachmann version ;)

Roy

Bachmann, Grrrrrr!

Getting a body off to fit a decoder, all those screws then dodgy running! Some are OK though, just not many.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @G-BOAF.

They're a friction fit into the body, they just need a little tug and they come away.

As the decoder goes in through the roof, the only reason he'd need to take the whole body off is to fit a driver/headcode/speaker, so it shouldn't need to be removed all that often.

Cheers!

Fran 

There you go, that’s the next trick, a driver that pops up and down depending upon direction…..yes I know it’s been done, but not on a U.K. diesel…….go on, you know you want to :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

There you go, that’s the next trick, a driver that pops up and down depending upon direction…..yes I know it’s been done, but not on a U.K. diesel…….go on, you know you want to :D

Our cabs have more detail parts than most wagons, fully detailed bulkheads, extensive painting and printing, scale controls and illuminated dashboard and lighting. Putting a mech in there to pop up a driver would, literally, ruin the accuracy :)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
Just now, McC said:

Our cabs have more detail parts than most wagons, fully detailed bulkheads, extensive painting and printing, scale controls and illuminated dashboard and lighting. Putting a mech in there to pop up a driver would, literally, ruin the accuracy :)

Not if the driver was inflatable ;)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Crew headcode and coupling bar will be first job on D9010 here  …. Unless the Accurascale Wizards have found a way to have buffer beam detail with a discrete tension lock coupling? 

Usually use bog standard Bachmann crew but something special indicated here I think … could.roster a couple from this page perhaps 

Hardys footplate crew

Unless the Accurascale boys want to pay a visit to Modelu in suitable uniform? ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Crew headcode and coupling bar will be first job on D9010 here  …. Unless the Accurascale Wizards have found a way to have buffer beam detail with a discrete tension lock coupling? 

Usually use bog standard Bachmann crew but something special indicated here I think … could.roster a couple from this page perhaps 

Hardys footplate crew

Unless the Accurascale boys want to pay a visit to Modelu in suitable uniform? ;)

well.  Actually.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, McC said:

Keep talking like that and we might decide you are quite proud of them ;)

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, McC said:

well.  Actually.  

So how about a holographic driver,switched on or off by DCC,you could make him move and be there or not as required,you just need someone who knows about the technology.

It has to come at some point........you can then have a mini Fran or Patrick or yourself driving each of your creations.

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @G-BOAF.

They're a friction fit into the body, they just need a little tug and they come away.

As the decoder goes in through the roof, the only reason he'd need to take the whole body off is to fit a driver/headcode/speaker, so it shouldn't need to be removed all that often.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Does the body need to come off for maintenance, such as lubrication?

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Shirley not George …. Complete with ciggies?

I remember when I used to “accompany” my Uncle on his turns, as he had never smoked nor I he would never take an engine out until he had thoroughly cleaned out the ash trays and most of the detritus ash in the cab, luckily he hated it as much as I did……had some brilliant times back then.

And his secondman would never have dared smoked in the cab with him either as he said “you smoke in this cab and you clean out then next one for me”…….he was hard but very fair :D and being the Kings + ASLEF rep they knew they would always need a favour one day ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Hardys footplate crew

I found these at Road and Rails a few weeks ago and they are excellent little drivers, I think they are primarily for road vehicles/trucks but obviously work as Loco/diesel drivers as well, very well modelled and come painted.

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/scenery/products/artitec-drivers-x3-painted