Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the information on the new sound chip.

What will the sound be like on traditional DC?

Can we easily change pre-orders from the DCC-Ready version to the DCC-Sound version?

Good question actually! I don’t know to be honest regarding running on DC, but I’ll ask and find out for you!

You can upgrade for sure, just email us at info@accurascale.co.uk with your order number and we can sort that out for you!

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the information on the new sound chip.

What will the sound be like on traditional DC?

Can we easily change pre-orders from the DCC-Ready version to the DCC-Sound version?

So I just looked into it and yes, the engine will start and run but of course you will not be able to access the other sounds on the chip.

Cheers!

Fran

Alexa "Please tell my wife that the model train I have just bought cost £30, not £260"

Mike

Best to hide it completely. She won't know the difference between that and the Bachmann one or even a class 37. 

We had a Wrenn collector once until his wife came in to buy a surpise christmas present.

"Oh he only buy's the cheap £30 ones..." she said.

"Eh, There aern't any at £30" replyed our sales person not knowing who she was.

"But he buy's them constantly at £30..."

"No ma'am they were never at £30.... " (or something like that)

A week later we saw her again with him and his entire collection. Must have been a great Christmas.

Fortunately Accurscale have the £30 desposit option. So you can say, "if we pay now, it is only £30, the other price is for those paying later & wanting really special features such as DC really quiet with special sound proofing to keep the noise down. Not bothered about that we'll go for DCC sound as its cheaper".

And then fix it up with Fran later.

• RMweb Gold

So I just looked into it and yes, the engine will start and run but of course you will not be able to access the other sounds on the chip.

Cheers!

Fran

A very interesting post. Two sounds echo distinctly in the memory of my spotting days.One of a Bulleid Pacific and the other first heard at the end of Platform 10 at KX in early September of 1959 .A roar emanating from Gasworks Tunnel....something alien,unheard before yet strangely harmonious announcing the arrival of the twin Napiers of DP 1 which burst vividly out into an early sunny autumn evening.She had just begun trials between Doncaster and KX .

I don’t do DCC and never will .However,I do run an ESU equipped Hornby Bulleid on DC analogue ( Gaugemaster ) No it doesn’t give me the full attainment obviously but what I do get in terms of authenticity of sound is more than enough to make me content and has got me musing about a possible upgrade of my order to a sound version The sound of a Deltic is simply awesome after all and is at least half the fun.

• Like 1

Hi

I think at Warley I was told we are going to get some account details so we could pay this off as we go along- is that still the case. It will help to spread the cost and save those of us having to hide the true cost from the wife. (Yes I know I could put money aside before anyone decides to point it out for me).

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I think at Warley I was told we are going to get some account details so we could pay this off as we go along- is that still the case. It will help to spread the cost and save those of us having to hide the true cost from the wife. (Yes I know I could put money aside before anyone decides to point it out for me).

Mark

This is what I am doing, paid the deposit against the first invoice and then pay a bit more off the total each month. You don’t have to create an account, but you can.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

Absolutely, just checkout using Bank Transfer as payment method, and we'll email you full details. We'll send you a receipt and update with each payment, and keep you up to date with whats happening )

This is what I am doing, paid the deposit against the first invoice and then pay a bit more off the total each month. You don’t have to create an account, but you can.

Roy

This is what i done and i think it's a really sensible commercial decision by Accurascale which other smaller manufactures should adopt. I've set up a bank transfer which i'll pop in what amount i want each month which i then receive a email receipt for. Accurascale get a steady flow of cash coming in over the development period that can only help there cash flow and it's ease is encouraging me to think of ordering another/more locos that i probably wouldn't have ordered if I had to pitch up £500-1000 in once. 

Hi guys,

Absolutely, just checkout using Bank Transfer as payment method, and we'll email you full details. We'll send you a receipt and update with each payment, and keep you up to date with whats happening )

Hi

I paid my deposit as Warley so not sure how to go about this as I wouldn't be ordering another online (yet)!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I paid my deposit as Warley so not sure how to go about this as I wouldn't be ordering another online (yet)!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you email us your full name and order number that’s on your receipt to info@accurascale.co.uk and we’ll get you set up?

Cheers,

Fran

I agree Ian

LokSound on analogue can be quite fulfilling

. I don’t do DCC and never will .However,I do run an ESU equipped Hornby Bulleid on DC analogue ( Gaugemaster ) No it doesn’t give me the full attainment obviously but what I do get in terms of authenticity of sound is more than enough to make me content..

Whilst this is an Accurascale thread here is a recent Analogue Sound Deltic

https://youtu.be/5PcRcFhmzLc

and for completeness anther Bachmann Deltic running at the correct riding height.

https://youtu.be/cqvDZlqa7D8

Cheers Ray

• Like 1