Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Thanks to a mix up by the supplier (and me not paying attention to what I was fitting) I had a Hornby HST powercar which was running with the lead bogie on P4 wheels and the rear on EM).  It would run fine on plain track and fall over the moment it hit a point.

Most of my stock does that anyway, and that's with matching wheels!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

What better way to celebrate the arrival of our Deltics than the return of one of the real ones!  A real case of a “chuck out” of a loco on test today, which luckily I was able to get to with 40 mins notice as I live near the line.

55009 arrives at Quorn on the 12.50 ex Loughborough today. Posting this from onboard the train!

33CAC1A3-88E2-42B1-811C-18463FF52535.jpeg

Very nice! One of our models got quite close to her back in May when we were visiting another EE beauty!

C8A08882-A554-4B6A-A009-04D8844C35E9.thumb.jpeg.c5ee88c784e4b139e09b6f62595fef80.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

53 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

What better way to celebrate the arrival of our Deltics than the return of one of the real ones!  A real case of a “chuck out” of a loco on test today, which luckily I was able to get to with 40 mins notice as I live near the line.

55009 arrives at Quorn on the 12.50 ex Loughborough today. Posting this from onboard the train!

33CAC1A3-88E2-42B1-811C-18463FF52535.jpeg

20 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

But even the preserved locos still have the pipes presumably for cosmetic value, (unless they have through steam piping for heritage line use...?)

Apparently not, that one has the eth dummy socket where the steam heat pipe was

Edited by Ken.W
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Word  of warning and possible reason for some people losing the chains and/or derailing...

My St.Paddy just arrived and setting it up on the rolling road I noticed that two of the chains had moved to be inboard of the bogie frames, probably during transport. Had I tried to run it round a bend it would have either pulled the chain off, or tried to go straight on.

edit: And just noticed that the photos above from @Mad McCann show that exact same problem:

image.png.e2826efd7602d398a865365970a5bc5b.png

Roy.

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Word  of warning and possible reason for some people losing the chains and/or derailing...

My St.Paddy just arrived and setting it up on the rolling road I noticed that two of the chains had moved to be inboard of the bogie frames, probably during transport. Had I tried to run it round a bend it would have either pulled the chain off, or tried to go straight on.

Roy.

Thanks @Roy Langridge. I found that just tilting the loco port and starboard was enough to ensure the chains are hanging free, but worth that final check before operation.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, d46037 said:

Green contingent just arrived D9006/7/10/14/20 ,following yesterday’s arrival of the blue ones 55001/3 & D9012 and D9000/55022 on Saturday. Just Alycidon from Rails to come now. Although I have plenty of maroon mark1’s for the green ones to play with and blue/grey mk2d’s for the blue ones, I’m very tempted to get a set of accurascale mk2B’s as well.

My mrs sussed that I'd ordered 10 mk2's last night.

The s*** hit the fan. 😲

I've smoothed it over now though.😃

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

57 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Knowing my luck, I’ll be the last one…. ☹️ 

812A4C7D-E6CB-4E8F-BCB7-43D4E9897AC9.jpeg

Don’t worry. Mine might be but I know it’ll be better packed than the early ones. I’m also filling in the time by digesting all the instructions so that I’m ready when the time comes to unpack and run it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Purely for information my D9020 has apparently been delivered and signed for by wife according to DHL.

This was news to my wife who was sat in the front room at the time it was delivered patiently waiting for a knock on the door which never came.  

Safely recovered from the porch now and awaiting my return from work. 

We dont get much from DHL but so far that's not as good a service as we get from  Evri, Parcel Force or Prime locally 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Don’t worry. Mine might be but I know it’ll be better packed than the early ones. I’m also filling in the time by digesting all the instructions so that I’m ready when the time comes to unpack and run it.

Very true. It’s quite a novel situation seeing the business process happen in front of us. I also checked my orders were in order via the support email address a few days back. Stoicism is giving way to the “me before Christmas day when I were a nipper” feeling! 😆

My 'Royal Scots Grey' arrived with everything still attached and pristine 👍. Thank you Accurascale!

I just want to applaud everybody involved with the design and manufacture of my model and the end result just goes to show that it is possible to deliver incredible value for money without compromising on quality, attention to detail and customer service.

I'd always agreed with the old saying 'you get what you pay for' and 'buy cheap buy twice'.

Then Accurascale came along and re-wrote the rules!

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Just an update I was given by someone at Rails……

The Rails/DPS Deltics have been delayed slightly in between A (Accurascale) and B (Rails). I presume the same applies to the ones going to Locomotion, but can’t confirm.

They are all ready to send out as soon as they arrive but that could be Friday, though possibly tomorrow.  

So, I’d suggest very earliest deliveries would be Monday next week, or if the gods are smiling, possibly Saturday at a push…..

• Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Purely for information my D9020 has apparently been delivered and signed for by wife according to DHL.

This was news to my wife who was sat in the front room at the time it was delivered patiently waiting for a knock on the door which never came.  

We dont get much from DHL but so far that's not as good a service as we get from  Evri, Parcel Force or Prime locally 

This is similar to my experience on Friday last. Put in porch.No courier contact. Fortunately I have an outer porch door so the box was not in plain sight.  Earlier that morning,concerned that I wouldn’t be at home to receive it,I arranged online a diversion for a pickup at one of DHL’s prescribed collection centres…..or thought I did . The request obviously arrived too late or was simply ignored as,from inside my inner main door,at 12:45 I saw the guy drop the box. This was just 20 minutes prior to my taxi pick up to the station….lucky me. Not impressed but then this isn’t the first DHL lackadaisical   approach recently. The last time,a parcel was wedged behind a plant pot two steps down from the front door,porch notwithstanding.. And yes,I had the same email experience..I’m I suppose doubly lucky because the outer porch door is locked when I’m away….which it was last Friday.  Now what exactly do I do this coming weekend when I’m away until early next week and am expecting another Deltic ? Maybe ask my neighbour….but there’s no hope is there if DHL’s advertised systems simply do not work. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Just an update I was given by someone at Rails……

The Rails/DPS Deltics have been delayed slightly in between A (Accurascale) and B (Rails). I presume the same applies to the ones going to Locomotion, but can’t confirm.

They are all ready to send out as soon as they arrive but that could be Friday, though possibly tomorrow.  

So, I’d suggest very earliest deliveries would be Monday next week, or if the gods are smiling, possibly Saturday at a push…..

Any idea who Rails use for deliveries? We have a broad range of “skills” delivering here, and as we’re about to head for Greece shortly I’d like to think it’d be left somewhere”safe”…….

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Reading all these glowing reports, I'm really looking forward to ACC-267** D9013 'Black Watch' arriving probably next week at this stage. Have a rake of Maroon BR exLMS Coaches out of storage ready for her to haul. No notifications from DHL yet, but as Fran Burke said yesterday they are halfway through shipments so hopefully she'll leave on Friday. Ordered the sound version so that will be really interesting to drive prototypically. hyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gif

Edited by NoelG
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, philg said:

Any idea who Rails use for deliveries? We have a broad range of “skills” delivering here, and as we’re about to head for Greece shortly I’d like to think it’d be left somewhere”safe”…….

Will you sleep tonight if I said Royal Mail.........

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Most of the stuff I order from Rails is delivered by Royal Mail. However, larger parcels (namely Heljan 7mm) tend to come via Parcelforce. I have a couple of Deltics due from Rails, so I suspect it may well end up being the latter of the two given the size. I could well be wrong though.

Edited by AForce

Got a bit of a nice problem with the DCC sound models........ too many sound functions! My poor controller can only go up to function 20. Has anyone found a way to remap functions to further down the function list? For example I can't access F25 (engine room lights) so would like to replace it with F19 (sound fade) since I would get more fun from engine room lights.

If its easy enough to do it might be a nice guide to add to the collection Accurascale? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Got a bit of a nice problem with the DCC sound models........ too many sound functions! My poor controller can only go up to function 20. Has anyone found a way to remap functions to further down the function list? For example I can't access F25 (engine room lights) so would like to replace it with F19 (sound fade) since I would get more fun from engine room lights.

If its easy enough to do it might be a nice guide to add to the collection Accurascale? 

Upgrade your DCC system, with more Accurascale models coming you will need it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

18 hours ago, beejack said:

I contacted Accurascale regarding the fact that Drive hold is not working on F5 and Patrick replied with a link for how to solve this:

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic/how-to-enable-drive-hold

I have followed the instructions as per the link from Accurascale in beejack's comment regarding and F5 drive lock/hold now works as it should :-)... 

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, philg said:

Thanks for that (I did also just spot that in the doc!)

For those following along at home, Rocoline track R2 is a ridiculous 358mm (thanks heavens there isn't an R1!)

Their R3 is 419.6mm and R4 481.2mm

When either of my two arrive (Rails and Locomotion) I'll see what it thinks of the 419.6mm R4........ After all, it's "only" 19mm tighter radius than recommended 

That’s a relief, my Trix-C track R2 is half a mill less than 358mm 

oops…I meant 438mm.  Had a bit of a heart attack just then😁

Edited by boxbrownie