Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

Theres probably some truths in the comments. A recurring theme seems to be the chains, they look great, but more than any other part of the model they are also attracting criticism because they are fiddly and fragile. It would be interesting (for Accurascale) to find out how many people actually care that the chains were modelled, and whether they could have saved themselves the hassle. Personally I could have lived without them, or id be happy for the top to be fitted to the bogie instead of the body as a compromise.

Richard

They have already learnt from this and stated that the chains on the 37 are mounted to the chassis, not the body. Great to see a company quickly learn and improve.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

For example he slated the Bachmann 9F as a model due to its rough running, which was a fault, not a design flaw!

Whilst I can't stand the bloke's on screen 'persona'; from memory he attributed the 9F's rough running largely to the lack of proper axle bearings, which is a design 'feature' not a fault on an individual model. Personally I'd much rather any model is reviewed 'as received' rather than replacing less than perfect ones.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, spamcan61 said:

Whilst I can't stand the bloke's on screen 'persona'; from memory he attributed the 9F's rough running largely to the lack of proper axle bearings, which is a design 'feature' not a fault on an individual model. Personally I'd much rather any model is reviewed 'as received' rather than replacing less than perfect ones.

But the reality is that the Bachmsnn 9f runs great and the lack of bearings, while not great for longevity, does not precipitate poor running

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

But the reality is that the Bachmsnn 9f runs great and the lack of bearings, while not great for longevity, does not precipitate poor running

The geezer does have a habit of picking and choosing what he wants to show and displaying obviouslyt faulty models and pretending they are indicative of the entire production run. A few that I can think of recently are complaining that the Hornby 4 wheel coaches come apart easily when that's the whole point so lights can be added (not mentioned) and the Bachmann 9F as mentioned above. It all depends on who Hattons are annoyed with that week I suppose...

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, mckinneyc said:

I received Nimbus today. Absolutely stunning! Couple of steps came away but will glue them back on when I get to run her in.

My Nimbus came today runs a treat. I have a lose step which I will reattach but alas a further 2 steps missing.

My Nimbus arrived this morning- two end steps detached and restored

Well that's consistency for you - for clarification this is an observation NOT a criticism / complaint. I am too indebted to A/S for providing me the opportunity to obtain up-to-date models with lots of added detail at very reasonable prices. Although I have to admit I didn't go for this particular offering.

Edited by Graham108
Additional comment
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Well that's consistency for you

My Pinza has two loose steps too. Looks to be an easy fix and as we know the Accurascale guys are learning fast so again, so taking into account what you get for the money, no complaints here. Yes it would be better to get them fully intact but it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Im talking about comments posted on this thread, unfortunately, eg telling Accurascale they’ve been too ambitious. Probably the most unpleasant and passive aggressive “compliment” someone could come out with.

If this is a reference to my earlier post its a very disappointing and slanted reading of what I have said. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Richard Croft said:

Accurascale seem very receptive of feedback, I don't think they only want to hear positives or they will never find ways to improve. If people feel like they cant post their opinion here they will still share it but elsewhere, and it will get harder for Accurascale to monitor so a lot of it will be lost.

Of course it does depend how representative this forum is of their overall market.

You’re always going to get a few issues like this with any new product. It’s not so much that you have issues but how you deal with them which, so far as I can see, Accurascale seem to be doing rather well so far…

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

YouTube etc is often monetised, that’s why you get so much click bait bolx, attempting to suck you in with false jeopardy or drama.

At least on here it’s just one persons opionion .

Im glad to hear the accura folk are modelling themselves on Elon musk, he’s stated clearly that after he makes Mars habitable, the whole world drives his milk floats , and he has another 15 unpronounceable children with rappers,  he will then move onto making a class 50 in OO

I think I might be getting boringly repetitive !

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, McC said:

its a little hard to see but there is a little ‘person’ icon at the very top left of the menu on mobile. Tap that and you’re in your account. 

Not urgent, but next time you revise the website, it would be great to tweak this on the mobile version please. I’m lucky to still have great eyesight but the grey on grey contrast means it is really hard to spot the darker grey ‘log in’ text. 🙂 Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ballymoss arrived this morning safe and well and 45 early.  One bit adrift - the usual valve from under the tank.  I've put it in the supplied ziplock bag as honestly you can't see it unless you turn the loco over.

One point that I can't recall anyone mentioning.  The cab interior moulding seems to have the various radio gear moulded on it and it's quite visible through the windscreen.  Is this correct for in service engines, or should I be throwing a tantrum and starting a Youtube channel?

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

People have to find SOMETHING wrong with it, just the tiniest of things. Its in a lot of peoples nature, especially online with train people.

I feel as if I've been reading a different forum.

Maybe I've missed some posts or have a selective memory but I don't see a thread full of people finding something to unnecessarily complain about.

Accurascale have set very high expectations. So far it seems they have very much lived up to them. But it's not unreasonable for people to comment about minor failings.

Small parts shouldn't come off and it's not unreasonable to mention it when they have - especially when people are asking where they go so they can stick them back on again. Likewise in my view it's quite reasonable to speculate as to whether this model might have gone too far in the quest for accurate detail.

Unless I've missed it nobody has said they'll demand their money back and never touch an Accurscale model again because theirs arrived with a minor paint blemish/chain missing/slightly wonky part.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

35 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

People have to find SOMETHING wrong with it, just the tiniest of things. Its in a lot of peoples nature, especially online with train people.

Accurascale like every other RTR manufacturer strive to keep 99% of the people, 99% happy, 99% of the time. That's all you can do. There will always be the 1%, same in anything

Personally I'm very angry and upset, actually I'm seething with rage that it took this long for a decent model of the Deltic to come along, and it took a rapidly developing company to see the gap in the market for such a model and develop it to the level that it deserves. They delivered, after a global pandemic knocked them 2 years back, its here, at the right price, with the correct detail, nobody did a runner with the deposits or more, and yet people still complain. 

Accurascale have pleased the 99% - Mission Accomplished. 

I’ve yet to see my two, but to be honest I’m really not sure how Accurascale have done what they’ve done for the price. Compare to someone else’s “all singing” class 47 at around another hundred quid!

Hats off to everyone at Accurascale Towers 

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Coryton said:

Unless I've missed it nobody has said they'll demand their money back and never touch an Accurscale model again because theirs arrived with a minor paint blemish/chain missing/slightly wonky part.

Not on here at least :) 

• Like 4
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

This is similar to my experience on Friday last. Put in porch.No courier contact. Fortunately I have an outer porch door so the box was not in plain sight.  Earlier that morning,concerned that I wouldn’t be at home to receive it,I arranged online a diversion for a pickup at one of DHL’s prescribed collection centres…..or thought I did . The request obviously arrived too late or was simply ignored as,from inside my inner main door,at 12:45 I saw the guy drop the box. This was just 20 minutes prior to my taxi pick up to the station….lucky me. Not impressed but then this isn’t the first DHL lackadaisical   approach recently. The last time,a parcel was wedged behind a plant pot two steps down from the front door,porch notwithstanding.. And yes,I had the same email experience..I’m I suppose doubly lucky because the outer porch door is locked when I’m away….which it was last Friday.  Now what exactly do I do this coming weekend when I’m away until early next week and am expecting another Deltic ? Maybe ask my neighbour….but there’s no hope is there if DHL’s advertised systems simply do not work. 

Sod’s law has just kicked in. My concerns are now immaterial in any case.My weekend has been cancelled.My niece has contracted Covid whilst on a business trip to Stockholm. So no need of panic rearranging of delivery .Hey Ho .Stuff still happens. Meanwhile,I look forward to Meld in my porch. Cheers !

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Oh well, looks like Mrs BB will be receiving the delivery so no way to errr disguise the fact.

Got the notification from DHL for this afternoon, unfortunately I will be at hospital negotiating another knee replacement, thankfully just the negotiation not the operation so at least this evening Nimbus should be thrumbling around the track. 👍

There could well be a punch up on the drive as I also received notification that at about the same time Royal Mail will be collecting the APT-E to go back to RoS………..who’s got odds on DHL winning? 🤣

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

Oh well, looks like Mrs BB will be receiving the delivery so no way to errr disguise the fact.

Got the notification from DHL for this afternoon, unfortunately I will be at hospital negotiating another knee replacement, thankfully just the negotiation not the operation so at least this evening Nimbus should be thrumbling around the track. 👍

There could well be a punch up on the drive as I also received notification that at about the same time Royal Mail will be collecting the APT-E to go back to RoS………..who’s got odds on DHL winning? 🤣

Could say its a new pair of steel toecap work boots ...

Couldn't say it's 'normal shoes' in view of the weight!!

Al.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

I hope they don't take the Deltic back instead by mistake...

• Funny 3

So I'm still waiting for my Deltic's from Locomotion and Rails, I am slightly disturbed by reports of bits falling off and paint blemishes, and would rather have a slightly less detailed model without these issues so I guess will have to wait and see what my 2 are like and wondering if I should have gone for Bachmann Deltic's instead.

Edited by 40002
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1