Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, JhornG201 said:

I have already completed some light weathering of the roof and bogies (not pictured). Guess that makes me the at least one of the first 😆

61E5601D-944F-4951-90E0-A9D8F5282C80.jpeg

You are disgusting. How could you even consider doing this to a work of art like this Deltic? Atrocious. Barred from RMWeb indefinitely forthwith. :jester:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

You are disgusting. How could you even consider doing this to a work of art like this Deltic? Atrocious. Barred from RMWeb indefinitely forthwith. :jester:

It's a smear campaign.

Pinza has arrived - much smaller outer box this time. Not had a chance to open it up yet, apparently house jobs come first. Rude.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I've also had a notification for Nimbus to be delivered hopefully tomorrow.

I am getting raised eyebrows and funny looks at the number of dark grey boxes with yellow writing on appearing now.

At least its a change from the blue or red ones.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Since you asked nicely, Rich!

1295354880_image(37).png.c9a1812e32782cad8b4459e9c82382cf.png

Cheers!

Fran 

Yay, proof if proof is needed that I am speshul :)

Thank you kindly Sir Fran.

Um, what livery?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Deltic torture- yes it does run on R2 curves, with chains intact 😃👍🚂🚂🚂🚂

oh and just the little black valve off the bottom of one fuel tank adrift. Will be put back if I ever get round to fitting buffer beam detail etc. 

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

4 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

R2  = 438mm/18 inches

Thanks for that (I did also just spot that in the doc!)

For those following along at home, Rocoline track R2 is a ridiculous 358mm (thanks heavens there isn't an R1!)

Their R3 is 419.6mm and R4 481.2mm

When either of my two arrive (Rails and Locomotion) I'll see what it thinks of the 419.6mm R4........ After all, it's "only" 19mm tighter radius than recommended 

• Informative/Useful 1

just been having a read through of the support documents on the Accurascale website pending arrival of 55022 in the next day or so. I also have 55009 on order from rails and have a Loksound V4 decoder in a Bachmann deltic I'm looking to change over to the new model. Seen mention of EM2 and sugar cube speakers but can anyone point me in the direction of the correct ones to get as close a match to the sound quality and fitment to the factory sound? failing that or the V4 not playing ball with the new model it will be a new decoder next pay for it. Next job will be playing 50 shades of BR blue to bring it to its 2011 state with the center roof panels painted blue.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, virginhst539 said:

just been having a read through of the support documents on the Accurascale website pending arrival of 55022 in the next day or so. I also have 55009 on order from rails and have a Loksound V4 decoder in a Bachmann deltic I'm looking to change over to the new model. Seen mention of EM2 and sugar cube speakers but can anyone point me in the direction of the correct ones to get as close a match to the sound quality and fitment to the factory sound? failing that or the V4 not playing ball with the new model it will be a new decoder next pay for it. Next job will be playing 50 shades of BR blue to bring it to its 2011 state with the center roof panels painted blue.

the DCC ready version includes the sugar cube speaker and stay alive power bank as standard. A sound decoder will provide sound out of the box with this config. 

For the full experience you just need to drop in an accurathrash speaker and pop in the 21 pin decoder and you’re good to go. 

the speakers should be available to order on our website shortly as an accessory and can be plugged in to the pcb without any fuss or soldering needed. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

13 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Still nothing 😢😢paid back in 2019 but invoice date is March 22 🤷🏻‍♂️ Never mind I can wait and play with my Westerns until the day 🤣🤣

Wonder if you could get an Accurathrash speaker into a Western……

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 60800 said:

I would like to say she is perfect, but there are a few issues. There are a lot of specs of black paint in the box that have fallen off detail parts, two of the chains have detached (one is broken but can be fixed), part of the fuel tank detail was in the bottom of the box and sadly one of the headboard brackets has sheared off;

PXL_20220621_164101767.thumb.jpg.280851690115e59af6107b49e97821a1.jpg

Fixing these are well within my modelling skills, so I will be keeping my RSG, but I feel that for the most part the packaging is at fault. Whilst the current end-clipped clear plastic inserts are streets ahead of the old poly trays, it is the clipped end that had the sheared off bracket and it looks to me as if the chains have been squeezed in the box.

I noticed in the picture that the step is missing from the cormer of the nose!  I have the same issue on Meld although on the opposite corner and it wasn't loose in the box

Shy of a sound decoder, that's D9000 with faults repaired / rectified and ready for service;

923904831_PXL_20220621_210626015.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.f3b99256aafa53f5bc536869a2b06c3d.jpg

The Bachmann model always looked tall and unsteady to me. This looks as heavy as it feels. 

A few little oddities that had to be fixed, but nothing major and nothing that I haven't come across before apart from with the chains (a first for RTR? Or were the chains on the Rapido Single real? I know they were fake on the Bachmann Atlantic). I'm not sure if the ends attaching to the body were crimped or crushed, but I removed the final link on the two detached chains to give new material to work with.

I'm a bit concerned with the paint finish in areas, specifically with detail parts and the roof fan grilles as the paint chips away very easily. I had a blemish on one nameplate so that was patch painted (humbrol gloss 19 was a perfect match) and I've masked the nose and ran a slither of blue paint (humbrol garter blue of all things) around the lip of the nose hatches on no.2 end as there was a slight paint bleed, but i'd like to stress the above point again that these are very minor things which are impossible to avoid in such a huge production run and they are things I've found and fixed with various Bachmann and Hornby models before. 

Away from me nit-picking, the bufferbeam detail is the best I have ever seen - in terms of paint finish, hose thickness, the ability to unscrew the bufferbeam... Just fantastic. The presence of the loco and the detail and visual weight of the bogies is again unmatched, as is the detail on the fuel tanks. The way that the couplings attach is superb - one was a little stiff to remove, so I've chosen that as the non-detailed end. 

The etched plates are rather handily about 0.2mm larger than the printed plates, which gave a nice little bit of allowance when fitting those. 

In my view the only RTR locos that come close to this are the Bachmann 90 and Dapol Western, but both have flaws worse than anything I have mentioned here. From what we've seen of the 92 and 37 so far I think they will be even better. 

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
I must be tired, I keep putting my Britmodeller signature
  • Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 minutes ago, beejack said:

I noticed in the picture that the step is missing from the cormer of the nose!  I have the same issue on Meld although on the opposite corner and it wasn't loose in the box

I noticed quite late on that it was missing - I found it sandwiched between two corners of the plastic insert, so it might be worth you having another look in the box 🙂

Cheers,

3 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Shy of a sound decoder, that's D9000 with faults repaired / rectified and ready for service;

923904831_PXL_20220621_210626015.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.f3b99256aafa53f5bc536869a2b06c3d.jpg

That thistle looks superb on there. Is that the Precision one with the pin removed? 

1 minute ago, Ribird said:

That thistle looks superb on there. Is that the Precision one with the pin removed? 

It's the sliver Tay one (I was too much a cheapskate to fork out for the fox one, although they do have a few nice Deltic themed headboards that would go nicely on Alycidon and Tulyar) 

Cheers,

13 hours ago, LaGrange said:

So if he said that everyone should jump out of a 4th storey window to make your life considerably better would you do it?

No, I was disagreeing with him. I think he says things to try and either be dramatic or sound like he knows what he’s talking about. Generally he’s guessing at best. I am more than happy with the way Accurascale announces models. It gives plenty of time to pre order and pay for models. Personally I’m looking forward to future announcements as well as receiving some of the items I currently have on order. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beejack said:

I contacted Accurascale regarding the fact that Drive hold is not working on F5 and Patrick replied with a link for how to solve this:

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic/how-to-enable-drive-hold

I know I’m being thick here, but can someone dumb this down for me?! Primary load? And why three different sets of CV figures?

While we are at it, manual notching logic?

Edited by aureol40012
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 60800 said:

A few little oddities that had to be fixed, but nothing major and nothing that I haven't come across before apart from with the chains (a first for RTR? Or were the chains on the Rapido Single real? I know they were fake on the Bachmann Atlantic). I'm not sure if the ends attaching to the body were crimped or crushed, but I removed the final link on the two detached chains to give new material to work with.

Yes, proper chains. We got sent replacements as some of the ones fitted were broken.

The J70 also has them.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1