Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

I just watched a quick video on YouTube from someone called BBC Model Railway Eddie of Gordon Highlander. He turned it upside down and a screw was missing from one of the fuel tanks. His reaction was unreal. He got really angry because it was missing and he asked “who quality controlled this one because they didn’t do a bloody good job of it and when you’re paying 250 notes for a loco you expect the bloody screws to be there!!!” I mean for crying out loud. The body isn’t held on by the screws and the fuel tanks didn’t look like they were rattling around so bit of an over reaction to say the least! Here’s the link if anyone is interested lol. 

Bl**dy hell.

Sorry - I can't cope bl**dy well cope with that amount of bl**dy swearing.

There's no bl*dy way I'm going to subscribe to his bl**dy channel with bl**dy language like that..........

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

But I've noticed that if I take the loco off the track the sound & wheels stop straight away,

The 'stay-alive' function is only active with DCC; it will give 5 secs of running when removed from the track - if you are on DC you won't get that.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Bl**dy hell.

Sorry - I can't cope bl**dy well cope with that amount of bl**dy swearing.

There's no bl*dy way I'm going to subscribe to his bl**dy channel with bl**dy language like that..........

yeah it’s f*****g disgraceful! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The 'stay-alive' function is only active with DCC; it will give 5 secs of running when removed from the track - if you are on DC you won't get that.

He does ask about CV's though Andy - suggesting he is on DCC

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, scots region said:

@McC Just adding My two pence, I feel that a good compromise on the chains would be to simply make the body bracket a push fit instead of gluing it in the factory, my two did have loose chains, including one where the bracket had come apart! Nothing I couldn't sort, but it did involve clearing the factory glue out with a 1mm drill bit, exciting for an order that came to three hundred and twenty pounds. But I'm not complaining, especially since in order to notice anything, I'd need to be about a centimetre away from it.  

A similar solution has been used by Atlas on some of their US locos. The chain is attached to the body and is a push fit into the bogie side-frame.

Dash 8-40B (Susquehanna) (06).JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I'm DCC Andy, I'll take a look at the lights to see if they stay on (as per reply above), I know my Baccy 40 (without the wiper pick ups) does that with my other stay alive.

As my track doesn't seem 😲 get that dirty I've not noticed any poor running, but it would be nice to have it just in case.

Thanks

Stu 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It did manage two bricks totalling 8.6kg, equivalent to 53 Mk1 coaches but the tension lock couplings couldn't hold out any longer.

it’s pulling the same weight as my new bike, don’t think it would manage it with with me sat on it though! 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

I'm DCC Andy, I'll take a look at the lights to see if they stay on (as per reply above), I know my Baccy 40 (without the wiper pick ups) does that with my other stay alive.

As my track doesn't seem 😲 get that dirty I've not noticed any poor running, but it would be nice to have it just in case.

Thanks

Stu 

Just to point out the obvious, it takes about 30 seconds for the capacitors to fully charge up once the loco is on power, after which the full stay alive cover is available. 

• Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Garethep232 said:

Only one complaint from me......since I ordered I've changed gauge and don't have anywhere to run mine so they will be stuck in a display cabinet.....now if accurascale want to get into oo9 that would be super thanks 😃

Is it purple by any chance?

8 minutes ago, McC said:

Just to point out the obvious, it takes about 30 seconds for the capacitors to fully charge up once the loco is on power, after which the full stay alive cover is available. 

Thanks McC, the loco has been on the track a lot longer than the 30 seconds, sometimes 10 to 20 minutes.

I'll double check next time I'm in the loft.

Stu

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, big jim said:

it’s pulling the same weight as my new bike, don’t think it would manage it with with me sat on it though! 

At that weight, I'm guessing your bike cost a lot more than the Deltic!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, North Devonian said:

Received a text from DHL stating delivery will between 13.43 and 14.43 , the wife is due to go out at 13.45 . This could be stressfully close !

A Three year wait brought down to nail biting minutes. . . Does she not understand the stress she is putting you under ?  I meen in childbirth all THEY have to do is HAVE the bloomin thing ! For us poor Dads it's the endless waiting until you hear that screaming Roar for the first time 🤪

Get her Told !  No on second thoughts. . . Maybe not 😆

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

Yes I did see that. It was very useful. There is also a page showing which version one needs depending on the model purchased. It's the actual method of securing that I have issues with. I hope they do give this some thought with a view to possibly improving the securing of the parts. I do wonder how many people will end up making a pig's ear of fitting these, which would be a shame, as it it really is a cracking piece of kit and the team should be commended for it.

TBH I thought it was a step forward, I have dexterity issues now and trying to get pipe/components into little holes which are invariably slightly too small (for security I assume?) can be absolutely impossible for me and I often just leave them off rather than handle the Loco for ages fiddling around, the fact that the buffer beam come off for fitting it is brilliant idea and the “flat” recessed positions I am looking forward to trying, they look easier to me.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Instead of CA (super glue) try using Deluxe Materials Tacky Glue, will make it easier to replace any damaged pipes etc....

My favourite is the Deluxe Materials Super Phatic glue, it’s best for small items if you leave the glue a while on one component as it gets tacky as well and then it is easier to stay in position once placed, the Super Phatic is a very resilient glue I have found and not a brittle glue like a super glue. 

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, big jim said:

Not even in that Lyra outfit Jim? 🥴

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

With 30 mins of the time slot to spare, 005 has arrived! I was expecting a sizeable package but on initial impressions I thought I had been sent a couple of Deltics!

BD9EE186-1A98-4965-AC98-E4DD45E64CFB.thumb.jpeg.3df17d5a3aac558012723a3f71cbda02.jpeg

Only the one though, well supported top and bottom by scrunched up paper.

As for the model package itself what a beast it is, very impressive looking.

Glad to say that 005 is intact and I wasn’t met with any small parts lying in the bottom of the latex sleeve.

Stunning hefty beast of a model, I’m no Deltic expert, but the detail is amazing. Nice one Accurascale!

Cough, cough………Class 40…… wink wink nudge nudge! 😉😜

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering if accurascale is still sending Deltics out. I have not received any notification from them that mine has been sent. Starting to get a bit concerned as now is Friday. 

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, North Devonian said:

Received a text from DHL stating delivery will between 13.43 and 14.43 , the wife is due to go out at 13.45 . This could be stressfully close !

My blue thoroughbred was due between 11:55 and 12:55. She actually arrived at 11:39. She is now in good fettle and is currently cantering around my tabletop happily. Well,my family has form with horses..except me that is…..Great grandfather was ranked as Farrier Major in the 8th Royal Irish Hussars, garissoned at Tuam during the 1870’s. Another Irish connection if you will but strange for someone born and bred in a South Wales mining community to own to.    Just pray your driver hastens . After all.  TGIF. He’ll want to finish early.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, wairoa said:

Just wondering if accurascale is still sending Deltics out. I have not received any notification from them that mine has been sent. Starting to get a bit concerned as now is Friday. 

It's been said several times in this topic that overseas orders will start being sent from next week.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, AY Mod said:

It's been said several times in this topic that overseas orders will start being sent from next week.

Hi everyone,

As of this morning we are still sending out UK orders. We hope to complete this by close of business today, but may trickle over the Monday. 

Going as fast as we can!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9