Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

On 02/08/2022 at 18:18, tommyliam021 said:

Before the plated over Domino head codes with lights enclosed like 55011, were the dominos with the black background such as on the A/S model 55001 just two dots on the head code blind?

I want to recreate 55003 Meld on its first trip to the WR so was wondering if the model which has the 4 digit code could be used for the domino code with black background?

cheers

In real life the dots/black background were on the reverse of the headcode glass. However, in model form it's fine to substitute a domino display for blinds as in both cases its a single sheet behind the clear lense.

• RMweb Gold

Got mine yesterday, but have only just opened the packet. Very posh box, will have to find a use for that once the chaps are in place.

I think the colours have come out a little better with these figures?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Got mine yesterday, but have only just opened the packet. Very posh box, will have to find a use for that once the chaps are in place.

I think the colours have come out a little better with these figures?

Indeed, we're working through iteration of configurations with the super guys at ModelU 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 27/07/2022 at 21:37, philg said:

Has anyone figured out how to get a 2 tone horn sound on ONE function key? I like the flexibility of having the two individual tones, but sometimes it’d be nice to have two tones on the same button……

On 28/07/2022 at 08:35, Wolf27 said:

If I understand you correctly, operating both high and low tone horns isnt possible on the real thing so I’m not sure why you would do this with the model?

Well, technically it was possible for both to be sounded together.

But yes, agree it would be better to have a two tone on a single key, as you switched from one straight to the other on a single lever, so using separate keys gives an unrealistic gap

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Ken.W said:

Well, technically it was possible for both to be sounded together.

But yes, agree it would be better to have a two tone on a single key, as you switched from one straight to the other on a single lever, so using separate keys gives an unrealistic gap

Yup,i felt that spoiled the Hattons 66 as you say you cannot do it with realistic timing,better on one function,and then other could be used for something else,drivers wife shouting wheres the rent money or here you forgot your bate or the likes.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent customer service from the Accurascale support team.  I managed to mislay one of the small corner front steps  (O.K the thing pinged off into the ether when I was refitting it with tweezers, to join the myriad of small screws, couplings and vac pipes living free and happy in my railway room)

E mailed the team to enquire whether spares were available to purchase.  Received a very prompt response, and the replacement turned up yesterday.  Now where's those tweezers   🤔    

I should add - Accurascale did not charge for the replacement even though it was clearly my own incompetence for losing the part. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 5

1 minute ago, Graham108 said:

Must be favouritism - I did the same thing on first receiving the loco and I haven't got a replacement yet.

I think they have only just received spares.  I contacted them on 4 July, but only received the part yesterday.  Hopefully yours is on the way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else getting odd emails from accura?  Got one with an invoice for £0, closely followed by another confirming cancel of the £0 order, then today got an email telling me 55011 is back in stock, which it isn't and what's more when it was in stock I already bought one.  Confusing!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Anyone else getting odd emails from accura?  Got one with an invoice for £0, closely followed by another confirming cancel of the £0 order, then today got an email telling me 55011 is back in stock, which it isn't and what's more when it was in stock I already bought one.  Confusing!

There was a batch of about a dozen Class 37 balance orders that went out with a zero amount, they were deleted and replaced with correct (you should see your class 37 balance order in your account).

55011 was in fact in stock for about 20 minutes earlier, as a single example came back into stock.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

So yesturday I was fixing 55002 in final year livery, when I received it the eth cable had come off along with a lamp iron and one of the steps at the nose was broken. On refection I should have asked Rails for a replacement, but anyway have tried to fix it which I have mostly done and it looks fine. The only issue is the Lamp Iron which I couldn't find in the packaging, I contacted Accurascale and they sent me another which I received on Friday, the only snag is the Yellow doesn't match at all, it appears to be about the same as Railmatch yellow that I have, which frankly is nothing like the yellow used on 55002 or many of the BR Blue Bachmann models I have for that matter, any suggestions for a better yellow color match?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 40002 said:

So yesturday I was fixing 55002 in final year livery, when I received it the eth cable had come off along with a lamp iron and one of the steps at the nose was broken. On refection I should have asked Rails for a replacement, but anyway have tried to fix it which I have mostly done and it looks fine. The only issue is the Lamp Iron which I couldn't find in the packaging, I contacted Accurascale and they sent me another which I received on Friday, the only snag is the Yellow doesn't match at all, it appears to be about the same as Railmatch yellow that I have, which frankly is nothing like the yellow used on 55002 or many of the BR Blue Bachmann models I have for that matter, any suggestions for a better yellow color match?

for a lamp bracket you only need a bit.

why not Put a dab of yellow paint onto a piece of paper, Mix a tiny patch (tip of a cocktail stick) of either grey (darker yellow) , or white (lighter) until you get a match.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, ScRSG said:

Probably been asked before, but to help stop the usual ebay rip offs, is there any plan to do another run of Deltics?

There is, so unless you absolutely must have one now, or one of the last run, we'd hope to announce more once we can plan the production window, but it will be at least a year away for stock in hand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 27/07/2022 at 08:53, 55020 said:

I do wonder of the "loose bits in the box" issue was mainly attributable to the packing method that AS used for their domestic deliveries to individual customers?

I've just plucked up the courage and enthusiasm to try refitting some of 'my loose bits' but it's desperately fiddly and frustrating and, as fast as I get something relocated, something else comes adrift (and I don't consider myself to be ham-fisted). The little bogie chains are a right pain....

On 27/07/2022 at 08:53, 55020 said:

Steve

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andyacko said:

I've just plucked up the courage and enthusiasm to try refitting some of 'my loose bits' but it's desperately fiddly and frustrating and, as fast as I get something relocated, something else comes adrift (and I don't consider myself to be ham-fisted). The little bogie chains are a right pain....

Saving my refitting for cooler weather! 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andyacko said:

i hear you, i re-fitted a chain, ran the loco and put it away. Then put another loco on the track and it kept leaping off the track, closer inspection the bloody chain had come off on the track! they are stunning models but by god you only have to look at them funny and something drops off.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, jonnyuk said:

i hear you, i re-fitted a chain, ran the loco and put it away. Then put another loco on the track and it kept leaping off the track, closer inspection the bloody chain had come off on the track! they are stunning models but by god you only have to look at them funny and something drops off.

The chains will get ripped out if you run the loco without checking they are clear on the outside of the bogies. If they are hanging on the inside of the bogie when you set off, they can jam and pull out in the bends or points. HTH!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, McC said:

The chains will get ripped out if you run the loco without checking they are clear on the outside of the bogies. If they are hanging on the inside of the bogie when you set off, they can jam and pull out in the bends or points. HTH!

yep i appreciate that, i'd only just re-fitted it, at some point in the running session decide to take a leap of faith.

• Friendly/supportive 1