Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Just keeps coming back into stock that one

For clarity, rails were a little bit short on these, and took time to track down and deliver the small balance. All on us, and less than 20 locos... so don't hang about if you don't want to pay eBay rates!

Edited - Sold out already

Edited by McC

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

So there we have it…

£139 for a body

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195265610259?hash=item2d76bcc213:g:QfMAAOSwFati6-YB

I think thats a new record for a diesel body, previously set by the Bachmann sealed beam class 45 a few years ago.

7 hours ago, Gary H said:

There are so many questions, like, where's the rest of it?😀

And who bid £2 for it?

• Funny 1

On 03/08/2022 at 12:18, mkrob said:

Got my crews this morning.The courier pointed out the jiffy bag had been opened. The crews were okay but, safe in their boxes. Unfortunately its not the first time its happened, with various carriers & it won't be the last. No fault of Accurascale or Modula. Congratulations again to Accurascale for exceptional service & Modula for the icing on the cake. Keep up the good work.

This seems to be happening with increasing frequency and severity, and it seems to have got worse since all the Eastern Europeans went home after you know what….  It’s almost as if our home grown couriers are less trustworthy, perish the thought.  

I had a £800 laptop from Amazon stolen TWICE. First time the old switcheroo with something of equal weight.  Second time the replacement laptop was apparently dropped off (including photo of it in my porch) but my security camera showed the driver then took it back to his van, putting it in his cab…….

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Managed to get pick up a 55002 in the last Rails lot which I'm very pleased with! 

However it is of course DCC ready and I will hope to fit sound, does the forthcoming Accurathrash speaker come with retaining clips and screws to fit this directly onto the PCB? 

Cheers,

Bruce 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 13/08/2022 at 22:42, aureol40012 said:

This seems to be happening with increasing frequency and severity, and it seems to have got worse since all the Eastern Europeans went home after you know what….  It’s almost as if our home grown couriers are less trustworthy, perish the thought.  

I had a £800 laptop from Amazon stolen TWICE. First time the old switcheroo with something of equal weight.  Second time the replacement laptop was apparently dropped off (including photo of it in my porch) but my security camera showed the driver then took it back to his van, putting it in his cab…….

Have to ask, wonder what would have happened if you didn't have the CCTV??!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, D400 said:

Managed to get pick up a 55002 in the last Rails lot which I'm very pleased with! 

However it is of course DCC ready and I will hope to fit sound, does the forthcoming Accurathrash speaker come with retaining clips and screws to fit this directly onto the PCB? 

Cheers,

Bruce 

It does not, but some blacktack or similar will also work fine 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Any idea when the Accurathrash and speaker will become available?  I’ve ordered one set for my D9009 and thinking of getting another when funds become available for 55001

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Any idea when the Accurathrash and speaker will become available?  I’ve ordered one set for my D9009 and thinking of getting another when funds become available for 55001

En route - should be with us later this week or early next.

• Like 4

On 15/08/2022 at 14:08, Gary H said:

Have to ask, wonder what would have happened if you didn't have the CCTV??!

Well, quite. We couldn’t believe it when it happened for a second time and thought Amazon would tell us to jog on, which without the footage I’m pretty sure they would have.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thetrains said:

We're probably stuffed.  A few years back before retirement I had a phone sent to work, basically driver came into car park stopped for a couple of mins never got out then went off.  Took two weeks to sort out after I showed mobile phone people who initially did not believe me of non delivery, after they had our CCTV showing at exact time van was in car park as time that was said to be delivered, and signed by me!

These employees should not only be losing their jobs but also prosecuted. [Given this kind of evidence I cannot see much of a case for any defence].

Despicable!

Total lack of respect for others (customers).

I am lucky to have a great Postie - who is into model railways too!

Couriers, well you know most will be genuine and honest though it only takes a few to give them a bad name!

Back on topic, I wonder if the second batch of Accy Deltics might be announced at the forthcoming 'Rails of Sheffield' open day!

Edited by Opelsi

18 hours ago, thetrains said:

I got my Deltic delivery notification 2mins before he knocked on door, sent me into a panic, he scans in van, wonder what if I'd not been in, and it had been opened and resealed on bottom of box at some point.

We're probably stuffed.  A few years back before retirement I had a phone sent to work, basically driver came into car park stopped for a couple of mins never got out then went off.  Took two weeks to sort out after I showed mobile phone people who initially did not believe me of non delivery, after they had our CCTV showing at exact time van was in car park as time that was said to be delivered, and signed by me!

This has come about because since Covid "signed for" no longer means anybody signs for anything.  That's ok for deliveries of goods where you want evidence of delivery but goods are low enough value to be not worth the risk of stealing.  It's not good enough for high value deliveries.

Not that signatures can't be forged of course, no system is watertight.

• Agree 1

My Deltic finally found its way through international post to me. 

There is a loose bit in the box from somewhere, not sure exactly where (see image, any ideas where it is from?). 

Two of the bogie chains are hanging from the bogies and no longer attached to the body (is there a consensus on best way to reattach?). 

When test running it started off with an awful really loud clonk on every motor rotation (loud enough and synchronised enough that I wondered if it was actually part of the sound lol) but that stopped shortly after starting test running.

It is an incredibly smooth runner, very impressive. The sound is very good too. 

Is there a cold start sound process like the new Bachmann 37 I got also? 

20220819_194106.jpg

6 hours ago, SimonMW said:

Two of the bogie chains are hanging from the bogies and no longer attached to the body (is there a consensus on best way to reattach?). 

With a steady hand and a lot of patience! Best if there's nobody else around as you're likely to swear a lot.

On a more serious note they fit into the body at a slight angle.

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a quandary here tbh, I haven’t been running trains for over six weeks now and today decided to give the AS Nimbus I got back from repair a run and clean the track at the same time, first time it went though a reverse curve point it derailed again (and lost some detail) it did it three time in total the third time loosing the coupler!7C06F0FA-B9AB-4B8A-9D85-A985CA2C927A.jpeg.8c364aba92ba1df31e51edd0e7ad18af.jpeg

These bit to be precise, now upon looking very carefully after replacing the coupler it seems the kinetic system when under slight load in the straight ahead moves to one side like this

A40194D2-780B-4FCA-A9C1-50DE05F7CA29.jpeg.d5cc730dc01ce319267b6c4b8687b3d1.jpeg

And it appears when traversing the reverse curves the coupler doesn’t spring back and sticks to one side making the bogie/Loco derail with the side force

ADAA2FBE-3EE8-4B9F-A34F-D7050840FBB3.jpeg.6a7c5b41a90df2512a183044ee3e2586.jpeg

You can see the Loco hook has jumped out of the wagon coupling and forced both to one side, it does this with several other trucks as well, I tried quite a few other Locos which don’t have kinetic couplings but just “sprung” like Heljan and Dapol and they are fine, to me it seems the centre point on the kinetic coupling is too sharp and stops the coupling returning to centre easily.

Sorry for the rambling but for the first time back in the train room and this happens again is annoying to say the least.

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Bit of a quandary here tbh, I haven’t been running trains for over six weeks now and today decided to give the AS Nimbus I got back from repair a run and clean the track at the same time, first time it went though a reverse curve point it derailed again (and lost some detail) it did it three time in total the third time loosing the coupler!7C06F0FA-B9AB-4B8A-9D85-A985CA2C927A.jpeg.8c364aba92ba1df31e51edd0e7ad18af.jpeg

These bit to be precise, now upon looking very carefully after replacing the coupler it seems the kinetic system when under slight load in the straight ahead moves to one side like this

A40194D2-780B-4FCA-A9C1-50DE05F7CA29.jpeg.d5cc730dc01ce319267b6c4b8687b3d1.jpeg

And it appears when traversing the reverse curves the coupler doesn’t spring back and sticks to one side making the bogie/Loco derail with the side force

ADAA2FBE-3EE8-4B9F-A34F-D7050840FBB3.jpeg.6a7c5b41a90df2512a183044ee3e2586.jpeg

You can see the Loco hook has jumped out of the wagon coupling and forced both to one side, it does this with several other trucks as well, I tried quite a few other Locos which don’t have kinetic couplings but just “sprung” like Heljan and Dapol and they are fine, to me it seems the centre point on the kinetic coupling is too sharp and stops the coupling returning to centre easily.

Sorry for the rambling but for the first time back in the train room and this happens again is annoying to say the least.

This is an inherent problem with hook and bar couplings, as the hooks have to be offset the pull is also offset on anything but dead straight track.

You seem to be using couplings with different lengths of hook which will make it worse as only one of the notches will be engaged under the bar the other will easily push over the side of the coupling.

IMG_20220820_141106.jpg.de1b80141d9b72f526983374ff27c6b4.jpg

To improve reliability you need change a coupling to have a matched pair, reduce the weight of the train or increase the radius. The only way to get totally reliable operation of a kinematic cam is to couple it to another one using a rigid coupling such as the roco close coupler.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1