Mark 5, By Accurascale

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Market65 said:

So, the destination boards. They are separately applied and I can’t decide whether to use varnish or something else.

Clear PVA did a good job for me.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Market65 said:

I’ll use clear PVA too

I just ran a cocktail stick dipped in the PVA around the inner of the frame. As there's a nice ledge in there the boards drop into it quite nicely with no excess coming out.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Bill Radford said:

P1020446.JPG.a97f5721228e94e927496ecfd55a321c.JPG

Good to see that any colour differences between loco and coaches isn't particularly glaring as the blue/purple areas aren't immediately next to each other.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

The colour match of the coaches and 68 looks good.

Which I find interesting given all anyone wanted to say about the end of the 68 when it came out is "it's wrong".

In reality, I expect it's just very difficult to get that amount of colour variation (as exhibited by the real life trains) into the paint that goes on the models.

I am pleased they match the 68 well, not matching those is a bigger issue than it matching what looks like a pearlescent finish in real life in all situations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Good to see that any colour differences between loco and coaches isn't particularly glaring as the blue/purple areas aren't immediately next to each other.

I saw a photo on Facebook of the cabs next to each other and they look close too, which is good

• Like 1

On 23/01/2023 at 14:52, adb968008 said:

these coaches have been on sale since before Covid. There’s no excuses not have bought them. There was several different payment routes on offer and very flexible terms. Until recently most were on sale,  aside of the 6 coach Aberdeen set, most were in stock until not long ago.

if people missed them it’s their own issue, £25 down they could have bought them years ago and paid in instalments

Exactly. A bit like the 68s, 023 and 032. They had been on pre order available for two years yet the moment they showed up people were scrapping about for them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 23/01/2023 at 12:34, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The way these are going on e bay the lads need to keep a pallet back of each for the pension fund, i did think by now the tread would have had someone posting they have the coverted dispatch e mail for TPE,s

I think that the largest issue with the ebay thing, is simply the Chinese are a pretty intelligent bunch, and they can see all this 'third party inflation' by logging on a computer or their mobile phones. 

They start seeing those prices and you wonder why prices go up extortionatly year after year, like with other manufacturers.  Its simple - they produce an item for x, see on e-bay a few sell for 3 or 4 times, and all of a sudden models are costing much more from the manufacturers, because they think every item should be selling for 'that much!', and are happy to increase prices accordingly.... 

• Funny 2

Tried to run a 16-coach train (with original magnetic couplings) & it continually decoupled between coaches 2 & 3 after a couple hundred millimetres.

Tried Kadee & Hornby/Roco couplings, they worked but I wasn’t happy with either

Was going to borrow Fleischmann Profi from other wagons when I found a half empty bulk pack of Profi’s that I had forgotten about.

With those & some I borrowed from other wagons I had enough to do the first 14 coaches  

After loosing a couple of troublesome bogies, I finally had a 16-coach train that would do laps without uncoupling

Apart from the magnetic couplings that didn’t work for me I am otherwise happy with the train

The loop of track has a 2.3% grade which the class 92 handled easily.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Brutus has finally found gainful employment. This set is astounding. It works well too in both directions thanks to great design & attention to detail,especially the magnetic couplings, on my tabletop roundy. We now have contemporary 21stC locomotive powered passenger trains in OO scale of incomparable quality. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, John ks said:

Tried to run a 16-coach train (with original magnetic couplings) & it continually decoupled between coaches 2 & 3 after a couple hundred millimetres.

Tried Kadee & Hornby/Roco couplings, they worked but I wasn’t happy with either

Was going to borrow Fleischmann Profi from other wagons when I found a half empty bulk pack of Profi’s that I had forgotten about.

With those & some I borrowed from other wagons I had enough to do the first 14 coaches  

After loosing a couple of troublesome bogies, I finally had a 16-coach train that would do laps without uncoupling

Apart from the magnetic couplings that didn’t work for me I am otherwise happy with the train

The loop of track has a 2.3% grade which the class 92 handled easily.

If you want permanent bars for sections of the train, we provide these as an option

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/couplers

• Like 1