Mark 5, By Accurascale

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

And a matching 73/9 announced at Glasgow??

Would be nice, although I do seem to remember accurascale stating they were not going to do it as they had too much on their plate. Whether that’s changed tho I don’t know. Could be another manufacturer tho. I also remember the expression of interest was going to try find a new manufacturer.

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway

• RMweb Premium

Good news about the rerun. I've mentioned up thread that a pack of a couple of sleeping coaches with all the destinations would be useful to help strengthen peoples rakes as a simple SKU that can be somewhat of a one size fits most approach.

Accurascale were going to do a commission for KMS Railtech but it went south before anything got started, as I think Accurascale got a bit too busy and terms couldn't be agreed for whatever reason. KMS are still saying they will commission someone to do it but they are taking their time to do so as that was a couple of years ago now that they promised some news and there's been nothing since. I spoke to the one who was apparently in charge of the project at Warley and it was very non-committal from KMS. I can't help but feel that the EOI is now quite out of date. Anyway here's the topic that has been locked for further info.

17 hours ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

I would love to see some GBRf 73/9s 

It would seem a good choice. We aren’t all Pete Watermans who can run sixteen or more MK. Vs and a 92. A 73/9 and a short train would do well. So I think anyway but manufacturers and commissioners know a heck of a lot more about the market than I do.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, newbryford said:

And a matching 73/9 announced at Glasgow??

Its an annual bet to see if this announcement will appear at the Model Rail Scotland show now…

It feels like the Manor stalemate 5-9 years back, when there was “will they wont they” kind of a standoff for a retool, with rumours circling around 3 contenders, and we got two, one being from an unexpected corner… this time it feels like a 3 way mexican stand off on the 73/9 as well.

Someone will, eventually, and maybe a whole new 73 suite with it, hopefully going whole hog on NRTT and Gatex too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

@McC @Accurascale Fran will there be the update from last year now of the solution you was coming out with to stop the flickering from the lighting in the driving trailer, both my tpe sets 1 & 2 are terrible 

Would also like to hear some news on this. In my eyes, the only fault in some otherwise excellent and exceptionally good value carriages, but a very noticeable one.

I've put off opening mine up to investigate as it felt more sensible to wait for the promised guide, but we're going on more than a year now. I'm sure it's being remedied for batch 2 and perhaps the issue has needed redesign to the point that AS don't feel comfortable suggesting a complicated customer fix, but it would be handy to know where the problem sits for those of us happy to try some DIY at our own risk.

I tried contacting support directly and was only told to check clean wheels/track etc.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tiny151 said:

Would also like to hear some news on this. In my eyes, the only fault in some otherwise excellent and exceptionally good value carriages, but a very noticeable one.

I've put off opening mine up to investigate as it felt more sensible to wait for the promised guide, but we're going on more than a year now. I'm sure it's being remedied for batch 2 and perhaps the issue has needed redesign to the point that AS don't feel comfortable suggesting a complicated customer fix, but it would be handy to know where the problem sits for those of us happy to try some DIY at our own risk.

I tried contacting support directly and was only told to check clean wheels/track etc.

Fran will perhaps have more details next week but we have been working with DCC Concepts (and indeed some regular posters on here) for a plug in solution. In the mean time feel free to drop support a line. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

As @McC has mentioned, we have been working with our friends at DCC Concepts to develop a decoder specific for the Mark 5 DT and this is now ready. We will have more details and will open pre-ordering within the next week as there are still some final details to be confirmed. Once that's done, we will let you know and get the order book open!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

As @McC has mentioned, we have been working with our friends at DCC Concepts to develop a decoder specific for the Mark 5 DT and this is now ready. We will have more details and will open pre-ordering within the next week as there are still some final details to be confirmed. Once that's done, we will let you know and get the order book open!

Cheers!

Fran 

how’s the fix for the 37’s (existing not future batch) going?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

how’s the fix for the 37’s (existing not future batch) going?

Hi Derek,

We are still working on this with ESU. They met us in Dublin this week to discuss the best route forward. We will have updates on a fix for affected models in the coming weeks and full details will be provided then.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran,

Where does this leave those of us operating on DC? Will the decoder still provide a fix if fitted?

43 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Derek,

We are still working on this with ESU. They met us in Dublin this week to discuss the best route forward. We will have updates on a fix in the coming weeks and full details will be provided then.

Cheers!

Fran 

good to hear 👍 cheers for the update Fran

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Tiny151 said:

Thanks Fran,

Where does this leave those of us operating on DC? Will the decoder still provide a fix if fitted?

Hi @Tiny151,

The decoder will not help DC users I'm afraid. We would recommend DC users to look to see if they can adjust the pickups to the bogies, and if they need further assistance (or lack confidence in adjusting pickups) to contact our support team via the website.

Cheers!

Fran 

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Derek,

We are still working on this with ESU. They met us in Dublin this week to discuss the best route forward. We will have updates on a fix for affected models in the coming weeks and full details will be provided then.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran

wouldnt a replacement Accurathrash speaker rated at 8 ohms do the business and prevent the trips and potential decoder damage?

John

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Hi Fran

wouldnt a replacement Accurathrash speaker rated at 8 ohms do the business and prevent the trips and potential decoder damage?

John

Hi John,

As per my previous post, we will have the details once we have gone through everything in due course. As it stands the decoder is not in danger of being damaged. Our focus is having performance of the sound decoder as it should be for the end user who has had a problem with sound cutting out on them, which has happened on some models. 

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news Fran regarding the Mk5's DVT's. I have two sets of the TPE liveried versions and look forward to this with much anticipation. Its good to know that DCC users weren't forgotten and that we can have an effective working unit. 

fantastic news. 

Edited by Krieghoff
Typos
  • Agree 1

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but the DVT with sound was an easy fix. I used a Loksound FX (function only decoder) with Legoman Biffo sound and a stay alive fitted to it. 

All the flicker goes and the sound is excellent.

Cheers

Jeremy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Davison said:

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but the DVT with sound was an easy fix. I used a Loksound FX (function only decoder) with Legoman Biffo sound and a stay alive fitted to it. 

All the flicker goes and the sound is excellent.

Cheers

Jeremy

No, but the model should have worked out the box without a stay alive being required (or having one fitted from the factory?)…

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

No, but the model should have worked out the box without a stay alive being required (or having one fitted from the factory?)…

Of course we agree but also bear in mind you got a fully lit set of coaches and a DT for £45 a vehicle. The next run resolves in full the flickering issue though pricing will be more in line with our regular output and in the interim Fran has confirmed a silent DCC solution for those who need it in partnership with DCC Concepts, more details of which will be shared once ready. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Of course we agree but also bear in mind you got a fully lit set of coaches and a DT for £45 a vehicle. The next run resolves in full the flickering issue though pricing will be more in line with our regular output and in the interim Fran has confirmed a silent DCC solution for those who need it in partnership with DCC Concepts, more details of which will be shared once ready. 

23 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

So just a thought....will my pickups be fixed under the lifetime warranty?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Are you saying for £45 you have to expect them not to work perfectly? I'm sure if that's the case customers would have been happy to pay an extra few quid a coach for some that did what they were supposed to straight out of the work. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, richscylla said:

Are you saying for £45 you have to expect them not to work perfectly? I'm sure if that's the case customers would have been happy to pay an extra few quid a coach for some that did what they were supposed to straight out of the work. 

Of course that’s not what I was attempting to convey so my apologies for the lack of clarity leading to the misconstrual. The Driving Trailing from the TPE set only has an issue in some cases with flickering of the Driving lights only (no other coaches have an issue nor do indeed the interior lights in the DT itself). As we’ve said we have been working on a solution as well as a more permanent fix for the next run and that will be communicated in due course to those who purchased a TPE set from us. 

As always in the interim should any customer have a concern they are welcome to reach out to the team who can best advise. 

• Friendly/supportive 1