Mark 5, By Accurascale

Would I be correct in thinking that a dedicated decoder is being developed for the DT?  I seem to recall reading something along those lines, but can't remember where I saw it in the thread.  I also can't remember if it was going to be plain DCC or DCC Sound.  If anyone can guide me please then I would be most grateful.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Sweetling Park said:

Would I be correct in thinking that a dedicated decoder is being developed for the DT?  I seem to recall reading something along those lines, but can't remember where I saw it in the thread.  I also can't remember if it was going to be plain DCC or DCC Sound.  If anyone can guide me please then I would be most grateful.

• Thanks 1

Hi Folks

Right, i need to pick brains if i may. Be very gentle because this bit is new to me and i might have got it wrong!

i have ordered a Lokpilot 5 decoder and had a stay alive added to it. This is for my TPE DVT. I'm happy to fit it but what I'm not sure about it how it will work the full suite of lighting !

might sound silly but 

1. will the lokpilot already have functions on it that match the lighting or will i have to change CV's etc?

2. if i have to change CV's, does anyone have or can help me with this ?

3. will the lokpilot work separately to the Loksound decoder fitted to my class 68 ??

its all a bit new to me folks and in the absence of an AS chip set i need to get this working and sorted out. 

Any advice whatsoever would be immensely helpful im sure !

many thanks. 
Mick. 

Edited by Krieghoff

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi Folks

Right, i need to pick brains if i may. Be very gentle because this bit is new to me and i might have got it wrong!

i have ordered a Lokpilot 5 decoder and had a stay alive added to it. This is for my TPE DVT. I'm happy to fit it but what I'm not sure about it how it will work the full suite of lighting !

might sound silly but 

1. will the lokpilot already have functions on it that match the lighting or will i have to change CV's etc?

2. if i have to change CV's, does anyone have or can help me with this ?

3. will the lokpilot work separately to the Loksound decoder fitted to my class 68 ??

its all a bit new to me folks and in the absence of an AS chip set i need to get this working and sorted out. 

Any advice whatsoever would be immensely helpful im sure !

many thanks. 
Mick. 

1) Usually Lokpilot comes with very basic function mapping, so F0 for headlights and rear lights, F1 to Aux 1, F2 to Aux 2 and so on. You’ll probably want to change some of that to map the functions how you want, but you won’t HAVE to. 

2) How are you programming it? The easiest way is with a computer if you have a DCC system that can connect to one. Decoder Pro (part of the JMRI suite) makes it easy. Otherwise you’ll need to download the full Lokpilot manual. It has a list of CVs for function mapping in that. Write down what F key you want to operate what lights and then work out the required CVs. It’s a bit daunting to look at initially, but is fairly easy to understand. 

3) Do you want it to? You can give them both the same address so that they work together, or give the Mk5s a different address. You can then consist them on your controller to still work as a set. 

4 hours ago, letterspider said:

If any fellow members have a Mark 5 sleeper pack they are happy to let go of please.

Plenty have come available on their site today as they've done a clear out in the warehouse 

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Plenty have come available on their site today as they've done a clear out in the warehouse 

Sold out in about 30 minutes i’m afraid. Was only about 100 packs 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Did you find any Deltics ?

🙂

We did actually. And some 37’s too. Why we always recommend popping the email into the ‘notify me’ box if you are after anything. You get an alert if any come up as well as helping inform future runs. HTH!

• Agree 1

I finally got some!  I got the notification email on Friday, spotted it about 15 mins after it arrived.  By the time I got to the website a few minutes later, it was showing about 5 left of the two Inverness sets.  I clicked through the process as fast as I could, from previous experience I know you need to get at least as far as the payment screen before the product is reserved - seems I just made it in time!

Pretty quick despatch and delivery, they arrived today Monday. Great service!

I've undone the packaging and extracted a few of them for a quick try on the layout this evening.  They look great behind 92010 and run nicely too - so far no need to fiddle with back to back settings to get them to run as I had to with the TPE set, although I will check them and adjust if necessary. 

I definitely need to build some Harman function decoders for these coaches and the TPE ones, I hate all that faffing around with the magnetic wand. I'd like to be able to park them in the siding, which is out of convenient reach for human hand, and then turn the lights off, remotely turning them back on again when they come back into service.

Very pleased to finally have some!

Pete

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PeteB said:

I definitely need to build some Harman function decoders for these coaches and the TPE ones, I hate all that faffing around with the magnetic wand. I'd like to be able to park them in the siding, which is out of convenient reach for human hand, and then turn the lights off, remotely turning them back on again when they come back into service.

Would it be possible to build a magnet into the scenery at the entrance/exit to the fiddle yard so that the lights were turned off/on as the train was driven out or in?

Roddy

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Roddy Angus said:

Would it be possible to build a magnet into the scenery at the entrance/exit to the fiddle yard so that the lights were turned off/on as the train was driven out or in?

Roddy

I did think about that - perhaps a little magnet on the underside of a bridge or signal gantry. The problem is, as well as turning on the coach interior lighting , it would also turn on all the red lights between the coaches, which is not what is required. You'd have to put the magnet on a servo, which drops down for the middle of each coach, but pulls away at the ends of every coach, not very practical me thinks. ☹️

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PeteB said:

I did think about that - perhaps a little magnet on the underside of a bridge or signal gantry. The problem is, as well as turning on the coach interior lighting , it would also turn on all the red lights between the coaches, which is not what is required. You'd have to put the magnet on a servo, which drops down for the middle of each coach, but pulls away at the ends of every coach, not very practical me thinks. ☹️

Electromagnet on a push button?

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, PeteB said:

I can see an opportunity for somebody to market a 4mm wash plant that senses where the middle of a coach is to turn the light on/off as is passes. Just consider  how good that could look on your depot exit road....

Only partly in jest, more and more stock has magnets and a Raspberry Pi powered system could easily work out what was what, just need to program what to do with each one.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I can see an opportunity for somebody to market a 4mm wash plant that senses where the middle of a coach is to turn the light on/off as is passes. Just consider  how good that could look on your depot exit road....

Only partly in jest, more and more stock has magnets and a Raspberry Pi powered system could easily work out what was what, just need to program what to do with each one.

Roy

You could have a RFDI tag in the middle of the coach on the underside linked to an electromagnet above so as the coach moves over the reader the magnet could be activated for small period of time. Might need a CDU to help give the magnet the correct kick. Could be done as coaches move from the fiddle yard to the running lines and given a switch to allow for running without the lights. 

Might be slightly over engineered 😂

Edited by E100
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

You could make a pendelum with the magnet attatched timed to pass the centre of the roof matched to to train speed

Pictures the pet cat with a collar that has something magnetic in it trying to play with said pendulum and then rather regretting it...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi E100,

Did you email us with your order number for Mark 5s?

Cheers!

Fran 

I could have sworn I had. I will do so again. Cheers

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi E100,

Did you email us with your order number for Mark 5s?

Cheers!

Fran 

Not being funny Fran, but ive emailed 4 times.

The responses are getting a little interesting too.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Not being funny Fran, but ive emailed 4 times.

The responses are getting a little interesting too.

Hi @adb968008,

EDIT* - I have followed up on this for you, expect an email.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Thanks 1