Mark 5, By Accurascale

11 hours ago, McC said:

Of course we agree but also bear in mind you got a fully lit set of coaches and a DT for £45 a vehicle. The next run resolves in full the flickering issue though pricing will be more in line with our regular output and in the interim Fran has confirmed a silent DCC solution for those who need it in partnership with DCC Concepts, more details of which will be shared once ready. 

For clarity, your pricing structure (whilst still scary for a coach), is still well within other manufacturers with lower spec’s!

bring on the next run of mk5 sleepers 🤫

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm pleased to hear that a solution has been found so the Mk5a DVT can be run on DCC without issues.

I am considering whether to run it as silent or with sound, especially as it has a speaker pre-fitted.  I would be most grateful if anyone who has opted for sound could advise me of which decoder and sound file they opted for, as well as which retailer it came from, please.  I have been trying to find one, but I may have been looking in the wrong place (I'm still new to this).

1 hour ago, Sweetling Park said:

I'm pleased to hear that a solution has been found so the Mk5a DVT can be run on DCC without issues.

I am considering whether to run it as silent or with sound, especially as it has a speaker pre-fitted.  I would be most grateful if anyone who has opted for sound could advise me of which decoder and sound file they opted for, as well as which retailer it came from, please.  I have been trying to find one, but I may have been looking in the wrong place (I'm still new to this).

I believe Legomanbiffo does one - but can’t find my list currently!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sweetling Park said:

You probably want this: https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=1991

Combine that with Biff's 68 and it'll run as a proper matched set (put both decoders on same address)

• Like 3

Thank you @derekdoestrains, @Kaput and @Jeremy Davison for your help.  It is appreciated and I'll look into it.

17 hours ago, Kaput said:

You probably want this: https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=1991

Combine that with Biff's 68 and it'll run as a proper matched set (put both decoders on same address)

The Class 68 I have was sound fitted by the factory, which I think is Legomanbiffo sounds (I'm not sure of the decoder type as I haven't removed the bodyshell).  Do you think it'll still be OK, or is it better to use Legomanbiffo's own version in the loco?

6 hours ago, Sweetling Park said:

Thank you @derekdoestrains, @Kaput and @Jeremy Davison for your help.  It is appreciated and I'll look into it.

The Class 68 I have was sound fitted by the factory, which I think is Legomanbiffo sounds (I'm not sure of the decoder type as I haven't removed the bodyshell).  Do you think it'll still be OK, or is it better to use Legomanbiffo's own version in the loco?

personally I’d get matches chips of your going to buy them and and sounds from someone else - makes it 100% working out the box 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Sweetling Park said:

The original factory sound 68's were legomanbiffo but on Loksound V4's.

I'm not sure about the later batches of 68's as Dapol have moved to Zimo decoders for factory sound (and the latest N gauge batch specifically says in manual the factory sound is Zimo)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

personally I’d get matches chips of your going to buy them and and sounds from someone else - makes it 100% working out the box 

That makes perfect sense, thank you.  At least this way I would be able to ensure that the function mappings match and not cause any sound conflicts.

2 hours ago, Kaput said:

The original factory sound 68's were legomanbiffo but on Loksound V4's.

I'm not sure about the later batches of 68's as Dapol have moved to Zimo decoders for factory sound (and the latest N gauge batch specifically says in manual the factory sound is Zimo)

Thank you.  The 68s I have are from the 2021/22 batch and I don't recall seeing Zimo mentioned in the manual, so they must use LokSound v4s, as you stated.

I believe the 2023/24 batch will use Zimo decoders.

Edited by Sweetling Park

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi Guys. 
any updates yet on the flickering light fix for the Mk5 DVT. Im aware that one os being looked into albeit DCC only. 

Hi @Krieghoff,

We don’t have full details yet but hope to launch the decoder next 1/2 weeks with a Late May delivery date being advised. As stressed previously if operating on DC please contact support and we will do our very best to assist as much as we can.

As ever, when I have full details on this (or anything else!) I will be sure to post them on here and let everyone know.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

Looking forward to a further release of Caledonian Mk5s now that I have finished my 73/9 to go with them and have a 66 on order to help it out 😀!:

PHWOARRRR!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

We have teamed up with our friends at DCC Concepts who have developed a decoder with an attached stay alive capacitor specifically for our TPE Mark 5 Driving Trailer.

TPE-MK5-DT-Group_GEB_3873.jpeg.9fd50c40b681f827cb4f198b834630a7.jpeg

Zen decoder software has always been smooth, clever and easy to use but the new BLACK decoder range takes this to a new level, with extended and improved automatic braking and shuttle abilities, simple-to-use ONE step locomotive set-up and advanced brown-out protection.

All DCC Concepts decoders are tested at least 3 times before they package them for sale, so they know that they all work perfectly when sold and you can be quite confident that reliability is assured.

Decoder features:

• 1.1 Amps peak power
  • 750mA continuous power
  • 4 functions at 100mA each
  • 2 additional “logic” functions
  • 22mm x 16.5mm
  • 21-pin direct, 8-pin & harness
  • One-Step Loco Setup
  • Shuttle mode (requires ABC boards for this to function)
  • Stay-Alive connection

Decoder Programming:

• F0 – Head/tail lights
  • F1 – Cab interior lights
  • F2 – Destination boards
  • F3 – Destination mode

This decoder is now in stock and can be bought exclusively via the Accurascale website right here: https://www.accurascale.com/products/transpennine-express-mk5a-dt-decoder-stayalive

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

We have teamed up with our friends at DCC Concepts who have developed a decoder with an attached stay alive capacitor specifically for our TPE Mark 5 Driving Trailer.

TPE-MK5-DT-Group_GEB_3873.jpeg.9fd50c40b681f827cb4f198b834630a7.jpeg

Zen decoder software has always been smooth, clever and easy to use but the new BLACK decoder range takes this to a new level, with extended and improved automatic braking and shuttle abilities, simple-to-use ONE step locomotive set-up and advanced brown-out protection.

All DCC Concepts decoders are tested at least 3 times before they package them for sale, so they know that they all work perfectly when sold and you can be quite confident that reliability is assured.

Decoder features:

• 1.1 Amps peak power
  • 750mA continuous power
  • 4 functions at 100mA each
  • 2 additional “logic” functions
  • 22mm x 16.5mm
  • 21-pin direct, 8-pin & harness
  • One-Step Loco Setup
  • Shuttle mode (requires ABC boards for this to function)
  • Stay-Alive connection

Decoder Programming:

• F0 – Head/tail lights
  • F1 – Cab interior lights
  • F2 – Destination boards
  • F3 – Destination mode

This decoder is now in stock and can be bought exclusively via the Accurascale website right here: https://www.accurascale.com/products/transpennine-express-mk5a-dt-decoder-stayalive

Cheers!

Fran 

They went well guys,thanks for the heads up @Accurascale Franmore might be needed.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

paying £35 to fix a flickering issue… nice 🙄

Paying £35 to gain DCC control with a Stay Alive, as much requested by customers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

£35 to fix a design floor… fix being a term used by your team… 

Hi Derek,

It is a decoder to give control to all the lighting functions on the driving trailer, with an added stay alive. Similar decoders cost more, and we said we would provide a bespoke decoder to give modellers the DCC functionality to control the lighting functions on the DT. The stay alive was added to aid the light flickering that some owners have reported, and we recommend adjusting the lighting pick ups for best results should your model suffer from flickering, or reaching out to our tech team.

Other decoders are available too.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

£35 to fix a design floor  flaw… fix being a term used by your team… 

There, fixed that flaw for you.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

19 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

paying £35 to fix a flickering issue… nice 🙄

Even if you want to think of it that way, £225+£35=£260. £52 per coach. Seems extremely good value for money compared to anything else on the market. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1