Class 37, by Accurascale

16 hours ago, Vecchio said:

I suppose you need to sped match them first before going into a consist. Some controllers have this feature and give guidance on how to do it, but in any case you could do it with CV5 and alteration of the speed curve if necessary. 3-point speed curve with CV6, but there are more sophisticated methods. 

CV 5 and 6 match. F8 on (wheelslip) consist fine, both automatically go into wheelslip mode, consist fine, both go into thrash mode, fine, they both go I to opposite modes automatically when above speed step 12, theres your problem. 

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

CV 5 and 6 match. F8 on (wheelslip) consist fine, both automatically go into wheelslip mode, consist fine, both go into thrash mode, fine, they both go I to opposite modes automatically when above speed step 12, theres your problem. 

If you consist them but have them a foot apart, do they actually move at the same speed and is the behaviour the same?

What if you reverse the order of the locos?

I suspect that one is slower than the other running. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 55020 said:

Take a great looking loco and mutilate it.  WIPACs are the invention of the devil 😂

I prefer the original grommeted windscreens over the toughened ones, especially the earlier DRS ones. Large logo livery improves the appearance though and the thrash remains unchanged!

• Agree 1

On 06/05/2023 at 09:32, Melton Works said:

Depends how the decoder is set up, either a speed curve CV67 to CV94 or CV5 and CV6. I know with the Deltics it was the former. 

Dropped off at the Engine House at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway. Richard from Accurascale was in attendance and there was a display cabinet with locos, coaches etc. on display. Here's a could of shots of the class 37's in there. No background lighting, so excuse the quality of the photos. The next batch of locos were in there and are looking very good. 

IMG_20230507_102306.jpg

IMG_20230507_102336.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 06/05/2023 at 00:45, Roy Langridge said:

If you consist them but have them a foot apart, do they actually move at the same speed and is the behaviour the same?

What if you reverse the order of the locos?

I suspect that one is slower than the other running. 

Roy

It's very intermittent. I'm not sure if the automatic wheelslip feature, without using F8, is supposed to be there? Ive heard it on YouTube vids etc.

Basically both locos run fine as a consist at any time, either diretion, until one of them decides to automatically go into wheelslip/overload mode, then the speed stays constant as the front loco carry on accelerating.

Guess a real 37 does this if you give it too much power and overload the amps.

I think I will just remove the cardan shafts of one of the locos.

Kev

On 05/05/2023 at 19:42, Shoey said:

Cor can you imagine those two in a special edition box too! I think my wallet would be chasing after Accurascale not running away from them! 😄

This loco or 800 or both, will be a sellout. I have tried to recreate myself, but the innovation artwork seems the issue, of trying to obtain the decals. This has had alot of requests on here and I believe that Fran and co at Accurascale will be onto a winner here, possibly having to do a second batch, due to popularity!

#ACCURASCALEINNOVATIONROG37... let's do this! 😍😊

Kev

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 05/05/2023 at 19:42, Shoey said:

Cor can you imagine those two in a special edition box too! I think my wallet would be chasing after Accurascale not running away from them! 😄

#ACCURASCALEINNOVATIONROG37 put it out there!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Melton Works said:

It's very intermittent. I'm not sure if the automatic wheelslip feature, without using F8, is supposed to be there? Ive heard it on YouTube vids etc.

Basically both locos run fine as a consist at any time, either diretion, until one of them decides to automatically go into wheelslip/overload mode, then the speed stays constant as the front loco carry on accelerating.

Guess a real 37 does this if you give it too much power and overload the amps.

I think I will just remove the cardan shafts of one of the locos.

Kev

Have you tried increasing the speed steps? If you have speed steps set to 28 for example, even a small change in throttle control can result in a large step on acceleration which would kick in the wheel slip? 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Have you tried increasing the speed steps? If you have speed steps set to 28 for example, even a small change in throttle control can result in a large step on acceleration which would kick in the wheel slip? 

If you want to avoid the wheelslip use the sanders? Which function are they?

• Funny 7

5 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

If you want to avoid the wheelslip use the sanders? Which function are they?

I think it’s another of those either or functions like the wheel slip or cold start. In this case it’s the 37/0s that have the sanders. The more modern versions have the wipers.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Dropped off at the Engine House at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway. Richard from Accurascale was in attendance and there was a display cabinet with locos, coaches etc. on display. Here's a could of shots of the class 37's in there. No background lighting, so excuse the quality of the photos. The next batch of locos were in there and are looking very good. 

IMG_20230507_102306.jpg

IMG_20230507_102336.jpg

They look great. Hope to have mine by the end of the year.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, McC said:

Is it not possible to change a few CVs and disable the automatic wheel slip? I expect many people will want to consist them and this feature seems to make that difficult. Surely if the Loksound is sophisticated enough to have this feature it’s also sophisticated enough to have a way to disable it? 

• Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Is it not possible to change a few CVs and disable the automatic wheel slip? I expect many people will want to consist them and this feature seems to make that difficult. Surely if the Loksound is sophisticated enough to have this feature it’s also sophisticated enough to have a way to disable it? 

I have tried it on 128 speed steps and makes no difference. I was hoping that maybe someone had come up with some CVs to do exactly that. So far, I have managed to get the spirax valves working on F17 and the taillights to actually work on F18, with some advice on this thread. As a temporary measure, I have removed the cardan shafts from one of the locos.

23 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

IMG_20230507_102306.jpg

IMG_20230507_102336.jpg

On 07/05/2023 at 10:39, Tony Walker said:

IMG_20230507_102306.jpg

IMG_20230507_102336.jpg

Thanks for these piccies.

Not really the correct thread but the green Brush type 2 looks like the original Mirrlees exhaust ports - nice !!!!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, vanbasher said:

One for the A/S masters here, please can anyone advise whether 37116 & 218 from batch 2 will be fitted with the refurbished class 37 sound file or the original build as they are 37/0's? Kind regards & many thanks.

As 37/0's they retain generators, so will use the original sound project. HTH!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtNgERM7uic

Would seem the real 37116 decided to throw the towel in,the point where the two couple up just shows difference in height and shape in them for two Colas 37,s,nice bit at end with more Accurascale models to copy,not my content so give him a like.

12 hours ago, TimoGreen said:

Do the 37's and upcoming 31's use the same motor and related arrangements as the Deltic and Class 92?

One would guess so as it seems across the board on diesel and electric items. @adb968008 has had some dealings in the subject of motor types and repairs on a few threads.

• Like 2

Just to say a MASSIVE thanks to the team at Accurascale. I had a motor issue on my class 37 Concrete Bob and had to return it. Within 24 hours i had notification back that a replacement was being sent out which has been received today. 
im pleased to report that everything is working fine and the loco was well packaged and runs just like my other two. 

Well done chaps, your service in general and customer service is excellent. I didn't want a motor repair and a new replacement one was sent out immediately. 

thank you. 🙏

top job. 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

One would guess so as it seems across the board on diesel and electric items.

Yeah, I suspect you're right. Hopefully the motors will be improved, as I have very little faith in the reliability of them after repeated failures.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, TimoGreen said:

Yeah, I suspect you're right. Hopefully the motors will be improved, as I have very little faith in the reliability of them after repeated failures.

I would have thought the long life of these is hampered by the brush design not been serviceable,or perhaps a brushless high spec jobbie should be around i guess.