Class 37, by Accurascale

10 hours ago, CazRail said:

Unfortunately, one of mine has developed some poor running, with the speed being inconsistent. It sort of has little bursts of speeding up and slowing down as it runs. I know some people have has this issue with other Accura locos before now, has anyone else had a 37 do it?

Anyway, I've contacted Accura by email, and have asked for a video of what's going on. 

Shame, as they're cracking locos!

Yes, I've had this with 37026, into which I fitted the Accurascale sound decoder. Mine just started running very slow at full speed, after working the previous day correctly. I too had to send a video but made sure that I got the controller in the shot showing step speed 126 and the loco doing about 5 mph! Anyway, sent the loco back to Accurascale FOC and much to my surprise had the loco back in just over a week. Great service from the Accurascale team, especially Simon.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I had a little play with 37043 and its reblown decoder and I was very pleased with the flange squeal. I have taken the precaution of loading all the CV settings into Decoder Pro and saving them, which hopefully means I can do a factory reset and restore things if need be. I have been know to run the Programming Track with locos on the layout and scrambling the settings on many locos! Hopefully I won’t do that again!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I had a little play with 37043 and its reblown decoder and I was very pleased with the flange squeal. I have taken the precaution of loading all the CV settings into Decoder Pro and saving them, which hopefully means I can do a factory reset and restore things if need be. I have been know to run the Programming Track with locos on the layout and scrambling the settings on many locos! Hopefully I won’t do that again!

Great shout!

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Mine has been linked to my Yellow peril and i haven't got either yet...............they are extremely busy Derek and i'm sure they have it all in hand................patience is a virtue.......or so they say !

Makes the wait all the more worthwhile.

If you give their support a shout, they’ll split the despatch and send you your lemon-hued example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derekdoestrains said:

Has anyone actually got their ROG 37? I’d have thought they’d be more pictures online of them considering they were being dispatched this week?

Or 609. Haven't seen any of that either.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a 37/6 from a model shop yet or have they all been direct sales?

34 minutes ago, Markn said:

Or 609. Haven't seen any of that either.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a 37/6 from a model shop yet or have they all been direct sales?

I emailed a couple of days ago and they were still packing and sending out, probably only just getting to the 37/6's as they were delayed for a couple of days in customs

2 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Has anyone actually got their ROG 37? I’d have thought they’d be more pictures online of them considering they were being dispatched this week?

I haven't got mine. Was amused by an email from AS trying to sell me some wagons with "Enjoying your Class 37/6?" as the title given neither (608 or the ROS 610) have come yet.

• Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I haven't got mine. Was amused by an email from AS trying to sell me some wagons with "Enjoying your Class 37/6?" as the title given neither (608 or the ROS 610) have come yet.

That's what prompted me to write to them!

I’m still waiting for 606 & 609. Can’t imagine the amount of boxes and orders the Accura team are currently getting through! Not to mention everything else happening behind the scenes. I’m happy to wait a few more weeks or however long it takes, I’m just very grateful these locos have been produced in the liveries I’ve ordered and to the standard they are 😎

• RMweb Gold

I found that adjusting the 6 micro switches to the recommended settings when I installed my re-blown decoder solved a lot of my problems Iincluding the cab insturment lights) . My only minor gripe is that the front lights are a little hard to see under layout lighting - which actually be more prototypical of course...otherwise I'm very happy and looking forward to my other DRS locos whenever they arrive from Derails...

Chris H

• Like 3

Had cause to speak to Rails yesterday about a couple of orders I've got with them for Accurascale 37/6's. I've received 37602 from Accurascale. So, while I was on, I asked about 37608 and 37609 and when to expect them. I was told they would be sending them out later on in September as they have yet to receive them from Accurascale.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

3 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Had cause to speak to Rails yesterday about a couple of orders I've got with them for Accurascale 37/6's. I've received 37602 from Accurascale. So, while I was on, I asked about 37608 and 37609 and when to expect them. I was told they would be sending them out later on in September as they have yet to receive them from Accurascale.

I thought accurascale said they were planning to be out by the end of the week…  must be a delay somewhere🤷‍♂️

I received my yellow 97 and promptly dropped it on the floor 😭

Thankfully, it looks like minor damage to the bodywork such that I can make it look like weathering, loss of buffers and couplings at one end and a bent bufferbeam. All of which Accurascale have said they will send replacements as soon as they have them 🙂

I have a query about the flange squeal though - does anyone know, or can explain, how it actually works? It works extremely well on my other DRS 37, but on this 97 it seems to just be on almost all of the time. I'm assuming this must be something to do with me dropping it, but I'm curious to know where the sensor is and how it works so I can maybe try and adjust the sensitivity of it (?)

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Pikey said:

I received my yellow 97 and promptly dropped it on the floor 😭

Thankfully, it looks like minor damage to the bodywork such that I can make it look like weathering, loss of buffers and couplings at one end and a bent bufferbeam. 

shame it’s not 97304, the result of an altercation with a wooden pheasant hut blown onto the track 

4CFC69CD-4B1F-4255-95DF-C32FCFC82AEB.jpeg.c200b52039d4d08b9054e9871935506e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

IMG_8554.jpeg.35ec2695e8412f1fbd0e333e318a8823.jpeg

I'm looking into a solution for the very obvious gap at the side of the windscreen moulding that is highlighted by the light grey.

Admittedly this is 97302, but it doesn't have the gap.

image.png.a6b03533d954eba4919fd558966f4cef.png

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, newbryford said:

I'm looking into a solution for the very obvious gap at the side of the windscreen moulding that is highlighted by the light grey.

Admittedly this is 97302, but it doesn't have the gap.

image.png.a6b03533d954eba4919fd558966f4cef.png

Will be interested to see what you come up with Mick (though I guess resolving the grey gap between the top of the window frame and the top of the recessed section that isn’t  there on the prototype will be more difficult. Is the frame too small, the window or is the recessed panel too tall…..

29 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Will be interested to see what you come up with Mick (though I guess resolving the grey gap between the top of the window frame and the top of the recessed section that isn’t  there on the prototype will be more difficult. Is the frame too small, the window or is the recessed panel too tall…..

Hard to tell without looking straight on to it, but I'd say that the window frames look too small in general. On the original they extend down to the orange stripe and there is also very little gap between the frames.