Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

12 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

If they had, you would see pictures of them on here. As far as I'm aware, none of the green 37's have been sent out yet. I am waiting patiently for my Locomotion Models D6700. Payment has been taken, but, no delivery date has been given.

Patience is a virtue, but, that apparently means nothing in this day and age. (I have waited this long due to various set backs out of my control, an extra few days is not going to harm me.)

It does crack me up that people think that these long awaited locos would have arrived and nobody bothers to mention it or post a photo of one………!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

It does crack me up that people think that these long awaited locos would have arrived and nobody bothers to mention it or post a photo of one………!

A simple statement, from those in charge of the real information, would certainly help to calm down any froth.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

A simple statement, from those in charge of the real information, would certainly help to calm down any froth.

Accurascale seem the most interactive on this forum with calvalex and revolution plus some others. The frothers and demanders dont help

• Like 3
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Premium

I think members need to recalibrate their expectations a bit. Up until now only one or two products have arrived at the same time and therefore near instant shipment has been possible. From this point forward it's realistically not going to be quiet in the warehouse based on the release schedule and therefore the shipping / arrival date becomes less relevant to when you will receive your models as there are now more factors in play.

I'd much rather the Accurascale chaps time is focused on here discussing actual issues with models and ways of improving them and not least the actual development journey rather than the near constant 'are we nearly there yet' comments flooding the past pages. It will only serve to put them off from engaging and that would be a real shame.

I am very much looking forward to D6700 and especially it's fine horn grills!

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick question about the 37 sound decoders

am I right In thinking Original sound is for the original number system of D series and Tops, 

Wheres the refurbished are for the Sub class 4 & 6? 

Double checking as I bought an original to go in 607 for now (refurbished out of stock) but will go into 258 when she arrives next year. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, farren said:

Just a quick question about the 37 sound decoders

am I right In thinking Original sound is for the original number system of D series and Tops, 

Wheres the refurbished are for the Sub class 4 & 6? 

Double checking as I bought an original to go in 607 for now (refurbished out of stock) but will go into 258 when she arrives next year. 

‘D’ numbers are original spec. Class 37/0 and 37/3 so 370xx, 371xx, 372xx and 373xx are original spec sound-wise. 374xx and above are refurbished. 379xx have Mirrlees or Ruston engines so are different.

Edited by 97406
There’s 2 Rs in Mirrlees!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

‘D’ numbers are original spec. Class 37/0 and 37/3 so 370xx, 371xx, 372xx and 373xx are original spec sound-wise. 374xx and above are refurbished. 379xx have Mirlees or Ruston engines so are different.

Thank you for your reply, so I was partly right. Apparently the decoder is on its way so I can have play tomorrow all being well, 

sorry I meant test not play.

10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Why? Accurascale tell us they've arrived. They'll get to them but I think they're a bit busy at present. 

Honestly, it's really not that important and people need to give them a bit of space and stop nagging. 

Rob. 

At the risk of repeating myself, "to help calm down the froth".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, farren said:

Thank you for your reply, so I was partly right. Apparently the decoder is on its way so I can have play tomorrow all being well, 

sorry I meant test not play.

Just as a word of warning the 97/3 which Accurascale are producing is also an unrefurb version.  The four 97/3s were renumbered from 37100, 37170, 37178 and 37217 and didn't receive the modifications which were built into the refurb series at Crewe Works in the 1980s.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 23/10/2023 at 20:02, 55020 said:

Well I'm hanging my head in shame, as I've no idea what changes I implimented with the previously quoted CVs,  One thing's for sure, it wasn't what you asked for.  🙄

I can positively confirm having just tried it, that to swap F9 (two tone horn) and F2 (dynamic brake function) then adjust the following CVs.  Note that CV31/32 are index CVs and have to be set first, followed by the subsequent CVs below each pair of indices. 

CV31 = 1, CV32 = 1
----------------------

CV261 = 192

CV262 =  106
CV275 =  64
CV276 =  59

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 8
----------------------
CV340 =   0
CV343 =   2
CV452 =   8
CV455 =   0

Let me know if it all works.

Steve

Hi Steve.

Well I got around to changing the CVs, unfortunately, this is a no-go as well

I get this when I try and change CVs, I'll just note the ones that I'm having an issue with

I changed the index CVs as you described and entered the values you gave me into the relevant CVs but instead of the CV data being the CV value I entered, when I write to the decoder I get this.

261 input 192                 192

262 input   06  goes to  234

275 input   64       "           92

276 input   59       "        No Ack Pulse

Second set

CV 340 input  0   goes to  128

343 input   2        "         130

452 input   8        "         No Ack Pulse      

455 input   0        "            0

The F keys don't change but I get all the sounds on the original keys, and again I get no movement of the Loco in either direction when throttle is applied.

Is it perhaps my Digitrax controller that could be causing the problem ?

Edited by Smudge617

On 30/10/2023 at 23:17, SulzerPeak said:

Accurascale seem the most interactive on this forum with calvalex and revolution plus some others. The frothers and demanders dont help

which i quite like as they give you warnings when they in stock so you can plan ahead,  rather then just hitting you for a payment etc

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

Hi Steve.

Well I got around to changing the CVs, unfortunately, this is a no-go as well

I get this when I try and change CVs, I'll just note the ones that I'm having an issue with

I changed the index CVs as you described and entered the values you gave me into the relevant CVs but instead of the CV data being the CV value I entered, when I write to the decoder I get this.

261 input 192                 192

262 input   06  goes to  234

275 input   64       "           92

276 input   59       "        No Ack Pulse

Second set

CV 340 input  0   goes to  128

343 input   2        "         130

452 input   8        "         No Ack Pulse      

455 input   0        "            0

The F keys don't change but I get all the sounds on the original keys, and again I get no movement of the Loco in either direction when throttle is applied.

Is it perhaps my Digitrax controller that could be causing the problem ?

Damn that is wierd.  I have no idea why if you ask for a particular value it then does something totally different.  It could be the Digitrax decoder, perhaps someone with experience of writing CVs with a Digitrax can offer something more helpful than me?!  Maybe a post in the DCC section will get a response?

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Damn that is wierd.  I have no idea why if you ask for a particular value it then does something totally different.  It could be the Digitrax decoder, perhaps someone with experience of writing CVs with a Digitrax can offer something more helpful than me?!  Maybe a post in the DCC section will get a response?

I know it makes no sense to me either, I've remapped other decoders with no problem, as to why this one playing up I don't know, thanks for your help, I'll put this in the DCC section, see what they say there, again, thanks for your help.

2 minutes ago, Smudge617 said:

I know it makes no sense to me either, I've remapped other decoders with no problem, as to why this one playing up I don't know, thanks for your help, I'll put this in the DCC section, see what they say there, again, thanks for your help.

have you tried accurascale tech team?

• Like 2

Just now, The Meerkat said:

have you tried accurascale tech team?

No, I haven't yet, but it won't hurt to ask, maybe someone else has had this problem, hopefully, it's not a decoder issue, I'll be really annoyed if it is, I've only run it twice so far.

It's not a big deal really, but on the Digitrax F9 is latching and F2 is non-latching, so I'd prefer to have the two-tone on a non-latching function button and not a latching one.

21 minutes ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Has anyone taken the car headlight off a loco to change it for a Hi Intensity? I’m contemplating converting one but not sure what’s involved. Obviously the location is different but not sure what the light options would be either 

Thanks

Depends what you want to do. If you want to fit a hi intensity (actually called a sealed beam unit) in the place of the car headlight (as per 37099) then its pretty straight forward. The AC loco uses Fire optic paths from an LED circuit board behind the front, so simply removing car headlight and replacing it with a sealed beam (Replica Railways do some nice ones) and jobs a goodun. 

If you want to move it, that's far from impossible too as the circuit board has various locations for different position of the Surface mount LED, however you'll need to solder on a new one and remove the old one which is quite a demanding task for someone who isn't expert with a soldering iron. 

At the moment I'm waiting to see what Accurascale do next themselves, but the locos certainly have lots of scope for customisation!

Regards,

Bruce 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd get in with this query before the excitement over the Green Class 37's takes hold.

I've been struggling with the bufferbeam pipework on my 37043. After looking at some of the excellent examples on here plus prototype pictures I've got the following:

IMG20231104110957.jpg.2875249981287b7a4d1eb000ad31b4c8.jpg

Hopefully this is correct so far. I'm thinking item one below goes in the hole to the right of the coupling hook. Is this correct as it doesn't seem to fit very well? The hole doesn't seem deep enough and the moulded hose coming off the top doesn't sit well with the other pipework.

Also, do I need to be fitting items two-four anywhere? I've no idea what they are.

IMG20231104111454.jpg.c7bb4239e92f4b9bade56779258cc994.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by scissors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, D400 said:

Depends what you want to do. If you want to fit a hi intensity (actually called a sealed beam unit) in the place of the car headlight (as per 37099) then its pretty straight forward. The AC loco uses Fire optic paths from an LED circuit board behind the front, so simply removing car headlight and replacing it with a sealed beam (Replica Railways do some nice ones) and jobs a goodun. 

If you want to move it, that's far from impossible too as the circuit board has various locations for different position of the Surface mount LED, however you'll need to solder on a new one and remove the old one which is quite a demanding task for someone who isn't expert with a soldering iron. 

At the moment I'm waiting to see what Accurascale do next themselves, but the locos certainly have lots of scope for customisation!

Regards,

Bruce 

The real "car headlight" and the later "high intensity headlamp" are the basically the same thing it just the method of mounting/and adjustment that is different. I have replaced the halogen lamp in enough of them. And they are not sealed beam lamps.

Al Taylor 

• Like 1