Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

173 for me! 

It's a fantastic model. I'll stand by my predication that the seamless nose really helps on this model in particular. It'll be nice stable mate to 37027 and 37043.

One of the headcode boxes was loose but hoping this is a simple fix as they are supposed to be removeable anyway but it's been a fiddly dry fit so far. I also would appreciate the detail bags for all the locos being made available as spares. e.g. £10 a bag would be great and also being made resealable. The finish is also a little flat for my liking but then again that's been pretty consistent with my Accurascale models and appreciate others prefer this.

6 hours ago, reddragon said:

Any idea when the early 37s such as 37.001 will reach retailers such as Rails?

#update# Rails tell me due late this week

My retailer of choice tell me that they are having trouble getting any kind of firm information and have to rely on the grapevine.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Got my D6700 today. Much joy, what a lovely model. And sounds soooo gooooddddd. Couple of questions though.

1. In the detail pack I've got a couple of spare grills along with the builders plates, where do they go and why? 

2. I see the spirax valves still aren't listed on the sheet as a separate function. Are they still on the decoder but hidden like the original releases? And if so does anyone know which sound slot they occupy? I am using Decoder Pro so it should be an easy fix. 

I now have 5 Accurascale 37s, with 2 more on order from run 2. Think I might have a problem 🤪

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Got my D6700 today. Much joy, what a lovely model. And sounds soooo gooooddddd. Couple of questions though.

1. In the detail pack I've got a couple of spare grills along with the builders plates, where do they go and why? 

2. I see the spirax valves still aren't listed on the sheet as a separate function. Are they still on the decoder but hidden like the original releases? And if so does anyone know which sound slot they occupy? I am using Decoder Pro so it should be an easy fix. 

I now have 5 Accurascale 37s, with 2 more on order from run 2. Think I might have a problem 🤪

They are the frost grilles which go over the radiator slats. Name is self explanatory..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

My retailer of choice tell me that they are having trouble getting any kind of firm information and have to rely on the grapevine.

With email and live chat and instagram and facebook and SMS i’m sure they can find a way to reach us 👍

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I am a simple soul. Happy to have a short length of track, start a 37 up, spin the wheel to the max, listen to the throbbing roar, spin the wheel back to zero. Reverse direction and repeat.

I did NOT get much work done today.

• Like 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

My retailer contacted Accurascale yesterday via chat after he'd checked his order (including 3 37s for me) online and found that it was showing as cancelled!  I'll not name names, but I know who he spoke to on the chat and they told him that everything was OK and the locos would be on their way very soon.

I wait with baited but rather concerned breath for their arrival...

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I am a simple soul. Happy to have a short length of track, start a 37 up, spin the wheel to the max, listen to the throbbing roar, spin the wheel back to zero. Reverse direction and repeat.

I did NOT get much work done today.

its over rated bud,work that is,the 37 is a cracker...............

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, RBAGE said:

They are getting through. My D6702 came from Topp Trains. They have a blue one that was unclaimed as of this afternoon

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 19:56, Jammy2305 said:

Might be a daft question, but this loco is too nice (and delicate) for me to mess up by pulling it about - Do the NEM couplings simply pull out of their socket? 

Also, apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the 293 pages thus far, but my model of D6703 came with a warning card about switches on the PCB for the lighting circuit - My model is DC/not chipped so is this something I still have to check before running (as it specifies an arrangement with the DCC blanking plate fitted). I just assumed it would be set to a factory default and ready to run out of the box.

Many thanks

- James

So off the back of this, the switches on the PCB did indeed need changing for DC use but having now put the loco on the rolling road, it leads me to ask, do the lights not work on standard DC operation? Or is it my model specifically? Because I've got nothing... 

- James

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I see the spirax valves still aren't listed on the sheet as a separate function. Are they still on the decoder but hidden like the original releases? And if so does anyone know which sound slot they occupy? I am using Decoder Pro so it should be an easy fix. 

The spirax valve seems to be in Sound Slot 13 (unrefurbished 37s), but I have to say it isn't pretty! Maybe that's why AS just have it as part of the shutdown, rather than have it play for an extended period.

Steve

Edited by 55020
clarity

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2023 at 11:53, MikeParkin65 said:

Visually I’m struck by how similar the Bachmann and AS versions are - even down to the same headcode on the No1 end!  Both brilliant models imho. 

IMG_0870.jpeg

Definitely bad form to quote ones own post but only noticed the misaligned handrail om D6700 through seeing the photo on the big screen! Now corrected, a simple matter of gently teasing it out with a finger nail.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

BE VERY WARY - IVE HAD THIS AND BELEIVE IT IS A SCAM

If it turns up take the package in and keep it safe. The current scam is someone else comes back later and says “sorry delivered by mistake blah blah”, they then end up with proof of receipt and the goods. You end up the bill. 

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

It looks genuine but needless to say I've not clicked on anything.  Personal details correct on the email which I've redacted

rev UPS doc 1.jpg

rev UPS doc 2.jpg

Had the same today. I reckon these were just late coming out. I copied the tracking number, and entered via the UPS site directly. Shows already delivered, which it was.

Having said that, It did not include another later date due to be delivered, so best to be careful of scammers.

image.png.bdc0d92c9889260cee6a66f5ffe66283.png

Edited by zr2498
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yeah I had the same. delivered yesterday. I did think it rather odd we didn't get one beforehand. One of those rare ones now that isn't a scam asking for £10/£20 to release from customs or something!

• RMweb Gold

My Locomotion D 6700. Delivered 13/11.Parcel left at rear door. Recovered by neighbour who kindly keeps an eye on the house when I’m away. Note left in letter box by driver. No advance notice by email given . I did advise in advance that I wouldn’t be home.No UPS documentation received other than the note from the driver which was a bit scary arriving just now in the dark after XC ran 39 minutes behind time from Bristol.A phone call to Dave next door put my fears to rest and the model is now safely in my hands. I sincerely hope someone is reading this.For the record,this is the second time UPS have left an incoming Locomotion model outside the house. Please do not let this happen again. Stuff happens,I suppose and listening is a somewhat neglected art. One actually worth cultivating though,believe it or not.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

My Locomotion D 6700. Delivered 13/11.Parcel left at rear door. Recovered by neighbour who kindly keeps an eye on the house when I’m away. Note left in letter box by driver. No advance notice by email given . I did advise in advance that I wouldn’t be home.No UPS documentation received other than the note from the driver which was a bit scary arriving just now in the dark after XC ran 39 minutes behind time from Bristol.A phone call to Dave next door put my fears to rest and the model is now safely in my hands. I sincerely hope someone is reading this.For the record,this is the second time UPS have left an incoming Locomotion model outside the house. Please do not let this happen again. Stuff happens,I suppose and listening is a somewhat neglected art. One actually worth cultivating though,believe it or not.

To be fair, UPS notified me by email in advance; I notified them of a safe delivery point, which was duly used.

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Informative/Useful 1