Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

11 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

My Locomotion D 6700. Delivered 13/11.Parcel left at rear door. Recovered by neighbour who kindly keeps an eye on the house when I’m away. Note left in letter box by driver. No advance notice by email given . I did advise in advance that I wouldn’t be home.No UPS documentation received other than the note from the driver which was a bit scary arriving just now in the dark after XC ran 39 minutes behind time from Bristol.A phone call to Dave next door put my fears to rest and the model is now safely in my hands. I sincerely hope someone is reading this.For the record,this is the second time UPS have left an incoming Locomotion model outside the house. Please do not let this happen again. Stuff happens,I suppose and listening is a somewhat neglected art. One actually worth cultivating though,believe it or not.

i thought accurascale used DHL??

• RMweb Premium

Just started playing with the decoder settings on my 37043. Has anyone managed to alter the brightness of the car headlight? I can alter every other light but changing the settings for AUX11 and 12 makes no difference to the brightness. I'm wondering if it's wired in such a way as to prevent it being changed.

On 14/11/2023 at 10:37, newbryford said:

Ta.

Looks like I'll have to remap that to a lower F-key.

F27 is a PITA to get to on quite a few handsets.

p.s. nothing showing on the image link.

On Lokprogrammer try setting 'Drive, Not F1' and a logic function of 'Fade Out Sound'. This is how Biffo does it and I've added it to lots of other sound projects with success, though admittedly haven't loaded the AS37 into the Lokprogrammer yet.

PS this is in addition to normal F1 mapping not instead of

Edited by SouthernMafia
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, SouthernMafia said:

On Lokprogrammer try setting 'Drive, Not F1' and a logic function of 'Fade Out Sound'. This is how Biffo does it and I've added it to lots of other sound projects with success, though admittedly haven't loaded the AS37 into the Lokprogrammer yet.

PS this is in addition to normal F1 mapping not instead of

Ta. I'll give that a try when I next fire up the Lokprogrammer

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, scissors said:

Just started playing with the decoder settings on my 37043. Has anyone managed to alter the brightness of the car headlight? I can alter every other light but changing the settings for AUX11 and 12 makes no difference to the brightness. I'm wondering if it's wired in such a way as to prevent it being changed.

I’d like to increase the brightness on my early 37 D6702 head code indicator boxes. Any idea of which CVS would cover that Scissors?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Roger Sunderland said:

I’d like to increase the brightness on my early 37 D6702 head code indicator boxes. Any idea of which CVS would cover that Scissors?

Hi Roger,

I use a LokProgrammer so would just alter the brightness setting for outputs Front light [1] and Rear light [1]. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you the exact CV's to alter.

If they're the same as 37043 then they'll be on a brightness setting of 5 out of 31 so there's plenty of adjustment left.

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, scissors said:

Hi Roger,

I use a LokProgrammer so would just alter the brightness setting for outputs Front light [1] and Rear light [1]. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you the exact CV's to alter.

If they're the same as 37043 then they'll be on a brightness setting of 5 out of 31 so there's plenty of adjustment left.

Sadly I don’t have a Lokprogrammer. Anybody else on here know what CV adjustments to make?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roger Sunderland said:

Sadly I don’t have a Lokprogrammer. Anybody else on here know what CV adjustments to make?

Roger, take a look here.  The attachment in the first message contains details of the CVs you are after.

Steve

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, scissors said:

The headlight is mapped to Aux 5 & 6 (11 & 12 are related to the WIPAC fit). 

Steve

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 96701 said:

I have just read an email from Derails to tell me that 37001 is now there. As I volunteered to collect it to save them postage, I shall be collecting it tomorrow. Whoop whoop.

Yes I have had an email from Derails as well to tell me 37 001 and D6702 is ready for collection.

Hopefully will get time to pop up Saturday and collect them.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Yes I have had an email from Derails as well to tell me 37 001 and D6702 is ready for collection.

Hopefully will get time to pop up Saturday and collect them.

Obviously they won't have anything else that interests you while you're there...just don't ask....

Chris H

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Got my 37001 today, looks great, runs great and sounds great (albeit a bit quieter than I expected although I know that can be changed) but...

One of the buffers has been fitted at a rather jaunty angle - easy enough to fix.
I lost the sound completely at one point and it only came back after a reboot of the DCC system - have to keep an eye on that.
Missing a windscreen wiper at one end - hardly noticeable but I'll sort it at some point.

Biggest issue so far was the conversion to P4. There is a post on the Accurascale Facebook page that says you 'simply pop the keeper plate off' to replace the wheels. There are 6 clips holding it in place and what I didn't realise was that there are also four prongs on each plate that fit in to the rear of the bogie side frames. Whilst this didn't cause a huge problem getting the keeper plate off, it would only go back on with the bogie sides removed leaving them hanging precariously from the chains. I've not managed to get them back on fully yet but at least I have the loco running on the layoutw.

Other bogie related issue was there was enough grease in each bogie to lube up a full size 37.

Overall though, a great addition to the fleet, so much so, that I've managed to snag another 001 from a retailer.

• Friendly/supportive 1