Class 37, by Accurascale

Look, you made a mistake. it happens. But don't blame the manufacturer. They are first and foremost a supplier of complete loco's, not components. Whilst they may have some spare components to hand for various reasons that they MAY be able to supply, it has been explained why they don't keep full bodies on hand. As has been explained by others above, yes, Bachmann may be able to supply bodies (at a significant cost), but most manufacturers don't. Some manufacturers may have some bodies available as a result of cannibalizing returned spares, but most don't or won't because it cost extra to produce and stock them. Keeping banging on about it does not make them a bad manufacturer, it is just their particular business model. Harking on about it, especially in the face of overwhelming alternative wisdom, just makes you sound petulant and annoying and uses up any goodwill that may have been there.

Edited by PhilMortimer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Module00 said:

An accident with air-brush during a weathering work… ☹️

If too much paint on body side / roof etc then it can be gently removed with a paint remover - there are many on the market or an isopropyl alcohol. This might affect things like loco numbers / names / logos depending on how thick the accident paint is.

if you have painted the glazing then you might not need a whole body, just the relevant glazing sprue. Ask the manufacturer nicely for the part and they might have some to hand (they might not though).

when weathering, it’s always good to have a cleaning cloth so any overspray etc can be wiped off whilst wet. Acrylic is very easy to remove with warm soapy water before it’s hardened. Enamels can be removed with thinners. Any residues in panel lines / grilles etc is easy to repaint over or can be left as work stained grime.

Edited by black and decker boy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Module00 said:

and because I made a mistake, I'm not allowed to buy a new body? you have never damaged your car or anything that belongs to you. you're very lucky.

An accident with air-brush during a weathering work… ☹️

Yes, I have damaged a car, and it's been either mine or another drivers fault, not the manufacturers.  They have been repaired using spare parts, not full shells.

I had one car written off due to an accident, so I bought a new one.

23 minutes ago, NBL said:

Yes, I have damaged a car, and it's been either mine or another drivers fault, not the manufacturers.  They have been repaired using spare parts, not full shells.

I had one car written off due to an accident, so I bought a new one.

Yes I have searched, but there isn’t new one, no stock, all models are sold out. And I don’t think I learn us this information. you don’t know that ? 

Edited by Module00

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Module00 said:

Yes I have searched, but there isn’t new one, no stock, all models are sold out. And I don’t think I learn us this information. you don’t know that ? 

I have asked you politely, already, to drop it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Module00 said:

Can I suggest then that you start a separate thread in the weathering section. Include an image or two of the problem, explain the paints used and ask if any one can suggest a remedy. 

Apologies for any errors as I am using google translate to help me but........

Puis-je vous suggérer alors de créer un fil de discussion séparé dans la section sur les intempéries. Incluez une ou deux images du problème, expliquez les peintures utilisées et demandez si quelqu'un peut suggérer un remède. J'inclus une capture d'écran de la partie du forum pour vous aider.

Screenshot_20240123-194801_SamsungInternet.jpg.447dd9b99287be98b98aaa623b9fcfd5.jpg

Rob. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Use deepl.com for translation of text or the latest version of Firefox will translate the live webpage quite effectively.

Edited by ruggedpeak
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Your up there with all the greats Charlie,we all love and know you and your products ,as in Yorkshire things are done proper does this mean you are extending to a lifetime warranty :)

No point if your good !!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

14 hours ago, TomScrut said:

That's what I believe too. However, if one buys a Lokpilot 5, puts it in a 37, configures the output for Aux9 to be Aux9 rather than PowerPack charging, does the stayalive work? If it does then I expect it wouldn't be anything special on the decoder end.

Given that AUX9 is on a pad on the far end of the decoder, I can't see how it's doing anything one way or another, unless people are attaching a wire to it and connecting it to the loco somehow?

• RMweb Gold
On 22/01/2024 at 21:15, Module00 said:

Thank you for your message, but why Bachmann have a lot of body in stock for each model’s ? 
an accident or a painting error is always possible… 

I therefore find that not having any stock (even a body) is not very serious. Especially since I wasn't necessarily asking for a body of 37026, but at least 37/0. I don't see what solution you are going to be able to give me. but I hope it's possible...

regards.

Lol, if you think Bachmann have “Bachmann have a lot of body in stock for each model” you are very much mistaken. Bachmann have a few bodies in stock for some models, not all.

I also believe some of their spares are recovered from returns. Whilst I can’t prove this, a recent order looked very much to have been unsoldered, rather than being brand new. 

Roy

1 hour ago, Bloodnok said:

Given that AUX9 is on a pad on the far end of the decoder, I can't see how it's doing anything one way or another, unless people are attaching a wire to it and connecting it to the loco somehow?

Good point; I can't believe I missed that. It looks as though it cannot be accessed by the 21 pin interface, neither can PowerPack control which in my opinion points to it being a non "PowerPack" setup.

Edited by TomScrut

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Lol, if you think Bachmann have “Bachmann have a lot of body in stock for each model” you are very much mistaken. Bachmann have a few bodies in stock for some models, not all.

I also believe some of their spares are recovered from returns. Whilst I can’t prove this, a recent order looked very much to have been unsoldered, rather than being brand new. 

Roy

I don't think Bachmann spares can be entirely judged by their website. I think some bodies only get put on there when everything's warranty is likely to have run it's course (for example).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Apologies for any errors as I am using google translate to help me but........

Puis-je vous suggérer alors de créer un fil de discussion séparé dans la section sur les intempéries. Incluez une ou deux images du problème, expliquez les peintures utilisées et demandez si quelqu'un peut suggérer un remède. J'inclus une capture d'écran de la partie du forum pour vous aider. Rob. 

😃 thank you very much, it’s a good idea. And thank you for your translation, realy kind. 👍

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Apologies if I am hijacking discussions again; I have recorded more of my Accurascale class 37s. This time all three have the Accurathrash speaker fitted, but all have different variations on the sound files. D6704 has the factory-fitted Accurascale sound for a 37/0, 37 026 has legomanbiffo West Highland 37/0 sound, and 37 602 has legomanbiffo WH 37/4 sound.

There were a few anomalies during the recording, because I hadn't reallocated various functions on all of them to align them as I had done with the earlier three. Somehow I lost the inertia and momentum settings on 37 602, which were easy enough to restore, but a nuisance while I was recording and juggling the phone camera and Power Pro controller. I may possibly have accidentally hit the very annoying NCE 'Momentum' button that reprograms decoder CVs 3 and 4. I know a few NCE users actually put a bit of tape under that button to prevent just such accidents occurring. 🙄

Another irritant was the leading Bachmann nuclear flask FNA-C wagon suddenly decided it had to derail its leading bogie several times as it went around. Fortunately it rerailed itself each time. 

Incidentally, I noted 37 026 started to surge a bit, as reported by a few other people. I used the ESU auto-tune feature on CV54 to retune it, and that seems to have cured it for the moment. I will have to keep an eye on it, though.

Anyway, I hope the video is satisfactory.

Edited by SRman
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Module00 said:

😃 thank you very much, it’s a good idea. And thank you for your translation, realy kind. 👍

Hi. Perhaps I can help.

If all you have done is incorrect weathering, then perhaps it could easily be removed.

I can recommend the stuff as shown below. I also note that Tim Shackleton refers to it in Jan 24 Hornby magazine article 'Cleaning up / dirtying down. Hope you have success.

image.png.672a8e79e4020b81052ec57e887ebb84.png

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Hi. Perhaps I can help.

If all you have done is incorrect weathering, then perhaps it could easily be removed.

I can recommend the stuff as shown below. I also note that Tim Shackleton refers to it in Jan 24 Hornby magazine article 'Cleaning up / dirtying down. Hope you have success.

image.png.672a8e79e4020b81052ec57e887ebb84.png

I have also used this cleaning liquid on enamel paints (to remove some very bad weathering done with enamel paints) and it works really well. I only left the loco body in the liquid for about 15 to 20 minutes, but that was enough time to remove the unwanted paint.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, SRman said:

Apologies if I am hijacking discussions again; I have recorded more of my Accurascale class 37s. This time all three have the Accurathrash speaker fitted, but all have different variations on the sound files. D6704 has the factory-fitted Accurascale sound for a 37/0, 37 026 has legomanbiffo West Highland 37/0 sound, and 37 602 has legomanbiffo WH 37/4 sound.

There were a few anomalies during the recording, because I hadn't reallocated various functions on all of them to align them as I had done with the earlier three. Somehow I lost the inertia and momentum settings on 37 602, which were easy enough to restore, but a nuisance while I was recording and juggling the phone camera and Power Pro controller. I may possibly have accidentally hit the very annoying NCE 'Momentum' button that reprograms decoder CVs 3 and 4. I know a few NCE users actually put a bit of tape under that button to prevent just such accidents occurring. 🙄

Another irritant was the leading Bachmann nuclear flask FNA-C wagon suddenly decided it had to derail its leading bogie several times as it went around. Fortunately it rerailed itself each time. 

Incidentally, I noted 37 026 started to surge a bit, as reported by a few other people. I used the ESU auto-tune feature on CV54 to retune it, and that seems to have cured it for the moment. I will have to keep an eye on it, though.

Anyway, I hope the video is satisfactory.

Contestant #2 wins it for me, which soundfile did you use the one as supplied with the decoder?

id love to install that to "the other companies" 37!

NL

11 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

Contestant #2 wins it for me, which soundfile did you use the one as supplied with the decoder?

id love to install that to "the other companies" 37!

NL

Hi Nick. If you mean D6704 that had factory-fitted sound, i.e. Accurascale's own sound project. I'm not sure who provided that for them - possibly legomanbiffo (guessing! Edit: Jamie Goodman - see McC's answer below), but it is different to the other ones from Bif that are in the same video.

Edited by SRman
Corrected information
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, SRman said:

Hi Nick. If you mean D6704 that had factory-fitted sound, i.e. Accurascale's own sound project. I'm not sure who provided that for them - possibly legomanbiffo (guessing!), but it is different to the other ones from Bif that are in the same video.

All files other than the first gen Class 92 are built in house with our Jamie Goodman and the team at ESU. Hth!

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2