Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Hopefully in Load Haul livery......

Original Railfreight grey for me. I remember them being outshopped from Crewe in that livery which later evolved into Red Stripe and then Sector livery. What a great time it was.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I’m a simple man with simple needs, lots of plain BR Blue for me, oh, and the odd large logo - just think of the savings on artwork!

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I’m a simle man with simple needs, lots of plain BR Blue for me, oh, and the odd large logo - just think of the savings on artwork!

Roy

Like this one 🙂DSCF1458.JPG.a60e8dba543f8e83ef9d2c0754d35b62.JPG

• Like 9
  • Agree 2

For me, I would stick with the split headcode in BR Green with SYP, so that my current old tooling Bachmann 37 would complement it, and would probably work alongside with the accurascale one leading.

Got it second-handed during my UK trip 10 years ago when I visited TMC. It had a great value price as well (something you can't see nowadays unfortunately)

IMG_07812.JPG.bbce28c716ca516cca4fd5b069ab1513.JPG

(pic of said Bachmann old tooling class 37 in a model shop layout)

would be great if the early versions had cab connection bellows...

Edited by BrakeCoach
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2024 at 20:13, aureol40012 said:

. After defending Accurascale on various forums (especially YouTube where people seem to try and make their titles sound as dramatic as possible) I now too have experienced motor failure on one of my 37s.  

I know I go through Accurascale customer services but has anyone had to return one recently, and if so what was the turn around time like?

i only had to send my network rail one back twice,  and my rog one once,  rog was over the Christmas and new year period,  got it back some time in feb, so far i have to say still running fine for me,  For AS support you couldn't ask for any more from them, when ever i ask for update on the rog and what was wrong they answer with what you want to know, 

• RMweb Gold

. After defending Accurascale on various forums (especially YouTube where people seem to try and make their titles sound as dramatic as possible) I now too have experienced motor failure on one of my 37s.  

I know I go through Accurascale customer services but has anyone had to return one recently, and if so what was the turn around time like?

I engaged with support and after various trials including sending a video to prove it was playing up (agreed probable motor failure) and finding a box big and stout enough to return it in (thanks Wold Top Brewery!) my D6700 arrived back at Accurascale 'Darlington works' last Monday according to Royal Mail. I didnt get any indication of how long it would be away for but in the proof of delivery photo it was one of at least half a dozen. I'm reckoning on waiting 4 weeks or so before asking on progress. It's not the only loco on the layout so its 'duties' are being admirably covered :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I engaged with support and after various trials including sending a video to prove it was playing up (agreed probable motor failure) and finding a box big and stout enough to return it in (thanks Wold Top Brewery!) my D6700 arrived back at Accurascale 'Darlington works' last Monday according to Royal Mail. I didnt get any indication of how long it would be away for but in the proof of delivery photo it was one of at least half a dozen. I'm reckoning on waiting 4 weeks or so before asking on progress. It's not the only loco on the layout so its 'duties' are being admirably covered :)

One of my pair was playing up this morning and it seems to be a motor issue so I will be getting in touch with support too. My other one had to go back last year. I found them very easy to deal with.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I'm also going to give a shout out for Accurascale Customer Support. They fixed my Class 37 quickly and with no issues at all.

The locomotive is weathered and I was pleased to see it returned with no damage to that at all. Meaning that they gave it the upmost care in stripping it down to resolve the issue.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Went to test run my DCC & sound fitted 37423, and to my surprise, the sound functions and lights worked but it wouldn’t move.  It worked perfectly a few weeks ago and now somewhat surprised that it’s decided to play dead.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why it’s decided to throw a wobbly?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TravisM said:

Went to test run my DCC & sound fitted 37423, and to my surprise, the sound functions and lights worked but it wouldn’t move.  It worked perfectly a few weeks ago and now somewhat surprised that it’s decided to play dead.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why it’s decided to throw a wobbly?

Try a decoder reset? Assuming no obvious physical damage or signs since last run?

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, McC said:

Try a decoder reset? Assuming no obvious physical damage or signs since last run?

No obvious damage and it’s been sitting in its box since it’s last run.  As I’m a DCC dummy, how do you do a decoder reset?  I just don’t want to compound the problem, even though I think it’s a simple fix.

2 minutes ago, TravisM said:

No obvious damage and it’s been sitting in its box since it’s last run.  As I’m a DCC dummy, how do you do a decoder reset?  I just don’t want to compound the problem, even though I think it’s a simple fix.

put the loco on your programme track and its CV 8 = 8

Edited by The Meerkat
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

put the loco on your programme track and its CV 8 = 8

Thank you for that but as I said, I’m a DCC newbie and unsure how to change or check CV’s.  As I use a NCE Powercab, would be grateful for a idiot guide on how to check the CV

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, TravisM said:

I have a similar problem but mine does actually move albeit very slowly but the sound revs as if it’s running faster. This is the second one that I’ve had this happen to. They asked for the first to be sent back. I will contact support.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mallaig1983 said:

I have a similar problem but mine does actually move albeit very slowly but the sound revs as if it’s running faster. This is the second one that I’ve had this happen to. They asked for the first to be sent back. I will contact support.

Was yours like that from day one or did it develop the problem?  Mine has just suddenly developed it.

On 29/04/2024 at 20:39, TravisM said:

Check that F7 (Drive hold ) isn't latched on. If F7 was switched to on with the throttle at zero when you increase throttle settings  engine revs rise and lights etc work as normal but the loco will remain stationary.

Try operating F7 once then driving the loco before doing anything else. It might save you some time.

With a powercab the default screen only shows function number condition up to F6. It will tell you in the manual how to check the condition of higher function numbers.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TravisM said:

Was yours like that from day one or did it develop the problem?  Mine has just suddenly developed it.

Both had been running fine. The first one failed after a few weeks and the second one has failed just now after months of perfect running. So I guess they could go at anytime.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Check that F6 (Drive hold ) isn't latched on. If F6 was switched to on with the throttle at zero when you increase throttle settings  engine revs rise and lights etc work as normal but the loco will remain stationary.

Try operating F6 once then driving the loco before doing anything else. It might save you some time.

With a powercab the default screen only shows function number condition up to F6. It will tell you in the manual how to check the condition of higher function numbers.

P

Press the EXP button on the bottom row of the PowerCab with the loco selected to see functions selected. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've got one of the latest batch of 37s on pre-order and anticipate receiving it in the next couple of months or so. However in view of all the comments about problems of one type or another that so many people appear to have experienced with their 37s I'm rather beginning to regret it. I only hope that steps will have been taken to ensure that the problems encountered in previous batches will have been recognised and resolved in the latest batch.

• Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Torper said:

I've got one of the latest batch of 37s on pre-order and anticipate receiving it in the next couple of months or so. However in view of all the comments about problems of one type or another that so many people appear to have experienced with their 37s I'm rather beginning to regret it. I only hope that steps will have been taken to ensure that the problems encountered in previous batches will have been recognised and resolved in the latest batch.

You will not regret it. My 37 is a wonderful model which I like immensely.

Yes, I had an issue with it but I cannot fault Accurscale for their support. Swiftly diagnosing the issue and sending a prepaid return postage label. It took time but the model was returned in pristine condition and fully operational again.

With a lifetime warranty you really cannot go wrong as if there are any problems they will be sorted for you. If everyone who is having issues reports them to Accurascale then they will have the data they need to identify if changes are needed.

My model is also weathered and there was no issue with them providing the repair.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Torper said:

Plus the Bachmann 37 whilst good in its own right, has its own share of issues with wires coming away from the pickups and jumper sockets from the PCBs. I’ll still buy 37s from both manufacturers as none of the issues are insurmountable, though I’ll take advantage of the lifetime warranty if any of my AS 37s need some TLC.

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Torper said:

Bear in mind - there have been thousands of them made, and we've read about a very small number having issues, the vast majority of which the person has said the support on it has been superb. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1