Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Manor Announced for 00

meatloaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/07/2022 at 09:27, B15nac said:

I wonder when these will hit the shops anytime soon I guess. 

Regards Neil 

All versions now in the UK according to Hattons. 

Tom. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

The owner of the Footplate in Kidderminster was unpacking his delivery when I called in at lunchtime.

Looked stunning. Only thing I was unsure of was the brass effect on the safety valve cover.

Be interesting to read all your comments

• Informative/Useful 1

Just now, rovex said:

The owner of the Footplate in Kidderminster was unpacking his delivery when I called in at lunchtime.

Looked stunning. Only thing I was unsure of was the brass effect on the safety valve cover.

Be interesting to read all your comments

That's good news for their arrival this week. It will be good for people to see them 'in the flesh' so to speak as I don't think those production shots always showed them in, literally, the best light. 

It looks as though the bonnet is the same as the Prairie. It was a bit on the shiny side. I put a few coats of matt varnish on and it made a huge difference. Would rather it too shiny than too dull.

Have a well-Manored week, all.

• Agree 1

I’m looking forward to reports too. Sadly, I gave the Prairie a miss after reports of the trailing wheels misbehaving. If Dapol brings out a mark II, though, I’ll likely take the plunge. I’ve said before that I don’t think Dapol’s GW and BR greens are as attractive as Bachmann’s but I suspect they are rather more authentic. As for the shiny bonnet, perhaps it won’t harmonise with a dull livery finish but I doubt that it will look as bad as the gloss boiler bands on some Hornby models against an awful matt finish. Brass, after all, is shiny and I dare say the bonnet received attention from crews. Dapol may wobble from time to time but does produce some very fine models. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Any pictures yet?

Regards Neil 

Rails of Sheffield have just uploaded photos, they look nice, not sure they’re up to Accurascales standards though, they look a little ‘toy like’ but I could be wrong.

Can't really see any difference from pre production samples to be fair. Side of running plate should be green on the BR examples I was hoping Dapol would pull one out of the bag but I think the other manor on the way will be better this said I'm still going to buy a Dapol manor as it's a lovely looking model an miles ahead of the old mainline manor.

Regards Neil 

Edited by B15nac
  • Like 1

It could just be a trick of the light depending where it is shining from to obscure the cylinders?

Looking at the photos on RoS I'm not convinced on them unfortunately. Been staring inadvertently at Manors for ages now with my current build project and they just look off to my eye now.

UPDATE!

Just seen the photos from Hattons and I might be more of a 50/50 decision, maybe. The angle at which the photos are taken make it look a lot better

Edited by SteamingWales
Updated opinion

• RMweb Premium

Although I have ordered a lined green one from Accurascale, I decided to take the plunge and order 7819 from Dapol. Not convinced with Dapol shade of green just from pictures, so at least this wouldn’t be an issue with a black one!

A few pictures quickly posed on the layout. The loco and tender are not fully pushed together here, as I will run it in a bit on the rolling road before fitting DCC.

Yes there are inaccuracies that have been heavily discussed on here. However, from a normal viewing distance does it look like a Manor?
I think so, although I accept not everyone would accept the compromises.

A2B5FDE9-376A-491F-B81B-88AF0E0E2033.jpeg

972C1F56-7ADA-4637-9FE4-F7B6260DD5D8.jpeg

950831AB-FF41-4007-B3AD-EAA876D5835E.jpeg

6C444E10-FC65-4172-92BF-26A9FE7AC865.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, PMP99 said:

Although I have ordered a lined green one from Accurascale, I decided to take the plunge and order 7819 from Dapol. Not convinced with Dapol shade of green just from pictures, so at least this wouldn’t be an issue with a black one!

A few pictures quickly posed on the layout. The loco and tender are not fully pushed together here, as I will run it in a bit on the rolling road before fitting DCC.

Yes there are inaccuracies that have been heavily discussed on here. However, from a normal viewing distance does it look like a Manor?
I think so, although I accept not everyone would accept the compromises.

A2B5FDE9-376A-491F-B81B-88AF0E0E2033.jpeg

972C1F56-7ADA-4637-9FE4-F7B6260DD5D8.jpeg

950831AB-FF41-4007-B3AD-EAA876D5835E.jpeg

6C444E10-FC65-4172-92BF-26A9FE7AC865.jpeg

Just looking at the pictures on the Rails site - looks very much like a Manor to me. Without doubt its a very fine model (and the best currently available!). I do think it will be bettered by the forthcoming Accurascale version based on spec, images shared so far and precedent set by both rolling stock and the now released Deltic but if this were the only Manor on the market I'd buy one now without hesitation.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Any chance of some track level photos too please Graham.

Hi Rob,

I’ll try in a bit, might put it on my non scenic test track. Bit busy with other matters for a moment! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing more photos of these in private hands, from you @PMP99 and others.

Further to @gwrrob's request: It would be great if people could try to set up their photos of the model to match their favourite photos of the real things and give us references to the real photos so we can compare.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Any chance of some track level photos too please Graham.

Hi Rob,

Best I can do quickly.  Hope they help.

Loco and tender still not fully connected. Tension hook couplings removed.

The close ups do tend to pick up the chimney taper.
However, as per my original post, from normal viewing distance not as prominent as I worried it might be, at least to my eyesight! 

Graham

7DECA790-482F-40C8-8BA8-6D8B7537763C.jpeg

EE980132-826C-420C-91FE-D85ABED00274.jpeg

3A70ADB1-67BC-4145-B7C0-6ACC6B504D6F.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Harlequin said:

It would be great if people could try to set up their photos to match their favourite photos of the real things and give us references to the real photos so we can compare.

I would, but the layout to do said photographs is currently under construction 😅😅

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

I would, but the layout to do said photographs is currently under construction 😅😅

Scenery would be wonderful but even photos of the model sitting on the dining table from the same angle as a prototype photo would be great. No excuses! 😆

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

For me, the angle of the fire box slope still stands out a mile on first viewing and doesnt compare well to photos either. Other details become completely academic when a fundamental shape stands out.

We all see things differently though.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MPR said:

4A4766A1-17DA-40EB-948A-BD8A6DDAAC9B.jpeg.8e09c2ae9058a275957767981b9ec5bd.jpeg

7820 Dinmore Manor being loaded at Toddington for comparison.

That photo maybe a bit lower than model track level but it definitely shows that the rise of the boiler is far too steep. 

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

That photo maybe a bit lower than model track level but it definitely shows that the rise of the boiler is far too steep. 

Difficult to make a comparison without making some adjustments to the photo levels. The photo of the real Dinmore manor is slightly off horizontal, being slightly raised at the front, which reduces the pitch angle slightly, whereas the model shots, by PMP99 of the model loco in the same direction, is also off horizontal, but with the cab/rear of the loco being raised, which has the effect of increasing the pitch angle. I think overall that the pitch is slightly too great, but as I type, the postie has just delivered my late crest Lydham Manor, so will have a chance to fully examine.

• Like 1