Farish Due Soon

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I do get the impression that Bachmann Farish are tending to concentrate on Big Ticket items at the moment, i.e. shiny big colourful locos which probably bring in far more cash flow than smaller items like coaches/wagons and less varied items like the Class 14 with far more limited appeal and less livery choice.

Speaking of which, where are the regional exclusive 08's?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Stefen1988 said:

Someone other (Dapol or RevolutioN) should release Mk1 & Mk2 Coaches in N...

It's rather hard to do that, it's been explained already.

Whereas with a wagon it's a one off and you can do a load, with coaches it's actually a set, you can't just do a Mk1 TSO, people will want a BSO, BCK, SK, FO, FK etc plus catering vehicles and your then tooling multiple different models the cost of which is immense and a big risk when Farish could just do a run of their own coaches.

Dapol are only slowly working through their N gauge backlog and a suite of coaches is probably outside the financial clout of RevolutioN unless people want to pay up front to de-risk the whole endeavour.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stefen1988 said:

Someone other (Dapol or RevolutioN) should release Mk1 & Mk2 Coaches in N...

It's only a smidge over a month until the next Farish quarterly update and announcement on new products. Probably best to be little patient and keep fingers crossed for news on what has become a regular and universal coaches wishlist. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 29/09/2022 at 15:03, woodenhead said:

and a suite of coaches is probably outside the financial clout of RevolutioN unless people want to pay up front to de-risk the whole endeavour.

Revolution are producing the TPE MK5s, the MK5 sleepers, and have announced the K-style pullmans. So a suite of coaches is well within their financial clout

es grüßt

pc 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Padishar Creel said:

Revolution are producing the TPE MK5s, the MK5 sleepers, and have announced the K-style pullmans. So a suite of coaches is well within their financial clout

es grüßt

pc 

But none of those has competition in the form of an existing range by another manufacturer, and there are less variations in Mk5s and K-style Pullmans over a fleet of Mark 1s.

I’d rather they concentrate on stuff not produced elsewhere.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm not sure Farish Mk1s (or Mk2s) are competing with anyone as they aren't available in most model shops - at least not in the variety, liveries and number required. I've seen unboxed DRS brakes and blue / grey Mk2s TSOs going for over £70 on the second hand market.

With these prices and obvious demand, if Farish don't make them someone else will eventually take a punt.

Edited by fezza
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

But none of those has competition in the form of an existing range by another manufacturer, and there are less variations in Mk5s and K-style Pullmans over a fleet of Mark 1s.

I’d rather they concentrate on stuff not produced elsewhere.

Now I understand your point. Apologies.

es grüßt

pc 

43 minutes ago, fezza said:

I'm not sure Farish Mk1s (or Mk2s) are competing with anyone as they aren't available in most model shops - at least not in the variety, liveries and number required. I've seen unboxed DRS brakes and blue / grey Mk2s TSOs going for over £70 on the second hand market.

With these prices and obvious demand, if Farish don't make them someone else will eventually take a punt.

At Wigan whilst scanning the stalls (I wasn't buying anything) I did see some, admittedly not many, Mk1s at around RRP.  I do agree that RevolutioN might want to partner with Accurascale and downsize the Mark2B coaches, they can sit alongside the Farish Mk2A and that's only three coaches in a few liveries with the possibility of a couple of dealer specials on the SK and RTC coaches.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had notification that my preordered regional exclusive Provincial/ScotRail 08 is about to arrive so the others should be along at the same time.  This is the vanilla versions though, the Sound fitted ones seem to be about another month to six weeks behind.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Normally Collectors Club members will get a "heads up" shortly before the date, but thus far nothing. 

That said I would expect the next Quyarter's announcement to be next week. 

I am not expecting very much, the J39 and 5MT having been put back to May/June and June/July respectively there is clearly still a production challenge in China that is impeding things.

I am hoping the 4F is actually "on the water" so the Dec/Jan date is still realistic.

Roy

There was a rumour of mk1 and mk2 coaches being produced and released but whether that comes to fruition is another matter and very much a doubt, although fingers crossed by many I suspect. But Weds 2nd Nov has now been slated by a few people for the announcements. 

Edited by grahame
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I am not expecting very much, the J39 and 5MT having been put back to May/June and June/July respectively there is clearly still a production challenge in China that is impeding things.

Roy

Presumably some of the delays com in other models that are not announced. Let's not forget the N Gauge class 90 was fully tooled up without us knowing

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They will want something shiny, new and attention grabbing to announce which would be great to have on sale for Warley which is not too far away.

If there is a Southern liveried 319, my wallet is going to scream....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stefen1988 said:

Ohh, come on! How long have people to wait for their stuff.

In the case of Bachmann sometimes many many years. Even the more recent announcements (that we were originally told would arrive within 3 months of announcement) can take many months to appear. 

I believe that the accountants at Kader recognise that other scales are more profitable so n gauge models do not get many production spots.  

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

They will want something shiny, new and attention grabbing to announce which would be great to have on sale for Warley which is not too far away.

If there is a Southern liveried 319, my wallet is going to scream....

I would not hold your breath on there being anything new and shiny for Warley. There is no track record of this.

• RMweb Premium

The problem is the (desperately needed) mundane run of the mill stuff doesn't grab the attention of the hobby media and all those Youtubers who only get all giddy and orgasmic at the sight of shiny new locos with ridiculously over specified bells and whistles specifications and barely even bother mentioning what else is announced.

It is the big glossy publicity circus that most manufacturers are most interested in attracting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1