More model ideas

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Given that's in Hornby's hands nowadays and noting how many of their other ex-Airfix models they have upgraded in the considerable time they have owned them (zero, zilch, nada); I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such a thing.

A completely new one from somebody taking things more seriously would be very welcome, though.

John

I’d welcome an A30 to current standards from any manufacturer and buy at least two (which is nigh-on bulk purchasing by my standards); H have had years to produce one and shown no interest whatsoever.  I believe a panelled trailer would sell well, though, if anyone did one.  The most numerous diagram was the A26, a 70’ SRM rebuild behemoth that featured 3 different bogie styles and was available with sheeted-over toplights in BR days, but the length of this would probably make it unattractive to RTR companies whose marketing departments equate auto trailers with space-saving BLT layouts (most auto work was on main lines and suburban in nature), and would be of little use to me.  So I reckon there is some hope of a shorter panelled trailer, and for my purposes diagrams A10 and N would be best; again, different bogies and some sheeted toplights, so plenty of versions to bring out to stimulate sales.  

I’ve been gently lobbying Dapol to put their Lionheart N through a 7mm-4mm shrink ray for some time on this site, but apparently they don’t read it, so my efforts have not been rewarded with success…

Of course my belief that something would sell bears no relation to whether a company would find producing it to be sufficiently profitable to be worth the trouble; I have no experience in or knowledge of marketing or production engineering costings.  This is why manufacturers should not take much notice of website threads such as this without taking the above factors into account.  

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Premium
On 24/11/2022 at 22:50, DLPG said:

I would suggest this one might be a popular and not too difficult model to produce 

3410BE43-EFE3-4FD2-B1EC-ABBA254D51AD.jpeg

For those into kits NIU models make a good one. Even with my painting skills I’m hoping to manage it haha!

That being said I’m sure they’d sell well as RTR since flangeway are always churning out plenty of the ZZA’s! They would also do well being sold in a pair and there’s the locomotion models tie-up too. Plenty of scope for other exclusives too. It does tick a number of the usual boxes.

Is anyone at Accurascale or KMS able to clarify whether this is still an ongoing project? It is still on the KMS website after what must be a couple of years, so surely some form of update is due to potential customers whether this is a live project or dead in the water? Interestingly, you can still register your interest in the 73/9 even now...

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/content/22-class-73-9

Edited by Iskra

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Iskra said:

Is anyone at Accurascale or KMS able to clarify whether this is still an ongoing project? It is still on the KMS website after what must be a couple of years, so surely some form of update is due to potential customers whether this is a live project or dead in the water? Interestingly, you can still register your interest in the 73/9 even now...

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/content/22-class-73-9

We confirmed a while back that it was not proceeding as an accurascale manufacture, Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I actually spoke with KMS at the Warley show but unfortunately was told the exact same thing at MRS 2022...

...so it is going ahead but with a different manufacturer that they believe will be similar caliber so I would assume a Rapdio, Revolution, Cavalex or at some push Dapol assuming that Bachmann aren't (I'd assume it'd be part of a full 73 range if Bachmann were to do it). I believe they have got enough interest from the public and I think it is sorely needed and will sell extremely well to the point I was somewhat surprised that Accurascale didn't just commit to it straight from the off rather than going down the exclusive route. I am saddened that Accurascale and KMS couldn't collaborate as in many ways it'd complete the modern Caledonian Sleeper and ensure that a reasonable colour match happens though in reality the 1:1 isn't a great colour match depending on the loco in question so maybe not that critical!

• Informative/Useful 1

The one model I would like is a Conflat L with the three lime containers.  They were fairly common in Derbyshire which the area I'm interested in (doesn't stop me being interested in the NE though).  However, Tri-ang got there first, probably about 60 years ago but I think a new model to modern standards would be an absolute stunner.

Peterfgf

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/11/2022 at 10:28, peterfgf said:

The one model I would like is a Conflat L with the three lime containers.  They were fairly common in Derbyshire which the area I'm interested in (doesn't stop me being interested in the NE though).  However, Tri-ang got there first, probably about 60 years ago but I think a new model to modern standards would be an absolute stunner.

Peterfgf

We used to see them in small numbers down in the West Country. One or two  appeared fairly regularly at Axminster delivering to a builders' merchant.

Might have been carrying lime, but AIUI, they were sometimes used to carry cement where the quantity was insufficient to need a Presflo or there wasn't a compressor at the destination.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

Covkid said

In fact OTOMH the only previously unreleased models Accurascale have produced are the 21 tonners, the Coil As and the 24.5 tonners (all of which I have conicidentally !!!)  

New Bryford said

PCAs, HYAs of two lengths, PFAs, KUA......

You are obviously right Mick, but my world sort of peters out around the mid 1970s when those air braked wagons proliferate !!!  I do have a couple of Rapido VIXs on order though, and would really like Accurascale to produce the Coil T which became dual braked in their lives.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2022 at 09:42, newbryford said:

I'll just leave this here:

08632a.jpg.a8fab882219e9561d0a76a7afd8d9230.jpg

Yeah! Yeah! So what!  Common knowledge just like the rest of the worst kept secrets.  Interesting thing is what the third/thurd member of the team is measuring up.  Bet he's snook over Etches Park and measured up a 222.......

Yet another worst kept secret.... 

Edited by Torbay Express
  • Like 1

Suppose I better get back to what I came here for....... 

With the announcement somewhere else of the somewhat limited return of the poly bulk - I did suggest somewhere around here a while ago that A/S go for the larger version.  Hopefully, if not already being worked on, could give A/S the confidence to go for it.  Twin packs like the HYAS would be great, even if like with the Banana Vans, they went up to the likes of £84.99

Likewise would make the ideal accompanyment to the Class 37 products in the 37/0 to 37/4 range......

Edited by Torbay Express
Extra comment
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking, from a London perspective, which stations could be modelled in OO from a RTR perspective.

Southern - 1930's to 2010's

Paddington - 1930's to date

Marylebone - only up to 1965 exc Mk3 + 67/68 sets

Euston - yes exc DC lines

St Pancras - Not really, just HSTs & Eurostar

Kings X - Main line yes - locals No

Liverpool Street / Fenchurch Street - Nope, just locos - No class 125/302,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,15,17,21,22,45,57,60,79/710,20,45

I think Great Eastern needs an EMU to get that region started as RTR cover is near zero!

Edited by reddragon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, reddragon said:

I was thinking, from a London perspective, which stations could be modelled in OO from a RTR perspective.

Southern - 1930's to 2010's

You have to be quite selective to do that. No 4-EPB, REPs, SUBs, 365,376 377, 378, 379, 455, 456, 508 to quote just a few. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

You have to be quite selective to do that. No 4-EPB, REPs, SUBs, 365,376 377, 378, 379, 455, 456, 508 to quote just a few. 

Roy

And Paddington is jiggered for decades - no Thames turbo ,

and why not St Pancras - a proliferation of peaks and mk2 coaches 

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Suppose I better get back to what I came here for....... 

With the announcement somewhere else of the somewhat limited return of the poly bulk - I did suggest somewhere around here a while ago that A/S go for the larger version.  Hopefully, if not already being worked on, could give A/S the confidence to go for it.  Twin packs like the HYAS would be great, even if like with the Banana Vans, they went up to the likes of £84.99

Likewise would make the ideal accompanyment to the Class 37 products in the 37/0 to 37/4 range......

I also asked for this many pages back. Unfortunately I think there’s a rather large spanner in the works with the grain flow wagons. Whilst they all look the same at a quick glance they are actually from three separate batches and feature a lot of detail differences, particularly in their ends. Could this be accommodated with a tooling suite? I don’t know, but if it could at what price? I would dearly love several of these wagons, but who knows if they’ll ever appear. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I'll also throw in refurbished CEP/BEP, CIG/BIG, 74, Bulleid design EPB/HAP.  As you say, QUITE selective.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, reddragon said:

St Pancras - Not really, just HSTs & Eurostar

Erm, Heljan have just produced 45/1's... but Class 127 is sorely needed for your early eighties scene there.

9 hours ago, reddragon said:

Euston - yes exc DC lines

Complete lack of 310/312 as well.  And 81 through 84.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 17/12/2022 at 17:38, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

But you still have BIL/HAL/BEL/DD/BEP/CEP/2EPB/HAP/VEP/419/TC/450/466 which is a lot better than Great Eastern with just locos!

71/73/33/50/47

Edited by reddragon
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, rob D2 said:

And Paddington is jiggered for decades - no Thames turbo ,

and why not St Pancras - a proliferation of peaks and mk2 coaches 

Bachmann 166 was done & is available.

Every loco class is or planned done bar 01,13,DC70,74,75,81-84, as are all rakes of coaches so I didn't bother with locos just MUs which dominate London

Edited by reddragon
  • Like 1