More model ideas

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

I’d love to see a Royal Mail class 325.

It's actually a very good shout. Nice 4 car unit. Plenty of people buying 2 or even 3 of them to run in rakes. Whilst it doesn't lend itself to many variations / liveries, anyone with a modern OLE layout would jump at the chance. It would also go very well with the 92/sleeper formations. It's got the slightly unusual factor that makes the sleeper and KUA/nuclear stuff sell so well. They've been dragged as well so there is some more variation operationally. Don't think another manufacture apart from KR models would do it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

I'm not going to speculate about exact models but given that one of the AS quoted earlier in the thread that there were 20 new announcements coming in 2022, that means a new product every 2 and half weeks!

And as we’re almost two weeks in already that must surely mean one is due soon?!! 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

I know I have speculated before but having seen releases named upto this point I am now fully behind the thinking that Accurascale should do: 

1. Class 50
2. Class 185
3. 220/221/222 Voyager/Meridian
4. Class 31
5. HEA Wagon

Steam

1. Hall
2. A4
3. B16 all versions! 

Agree except for the steam stuff 

Now then Fran and team.

You're never going to prize more money out of my piggy bank whilst you're messing about with Mansions or whatevertheir called.  Stick to the D+E years. Plenty of locos, units and wagons to keep you going and me interested. Let the other lesser mortals cater for the fetishes of the steam fraternity!

Cough 31/4, etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

*cough*

Need something for the Manor to pull....

GWR Toplights!

Some early LMS coaches wouldn't go amiss either. Most RTR coaches are far too late for the Big Four era. For some reason certain quarters think everyone is modelling 1947/48 with Bulleid, Thompson, Hawksworth and LMS Portholes a plenty, yet not much in the way of earlier types.

Jason

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

12 minutes ago, KDG said:

Now then Fran and team.

You're never going to prize more money out of my piggy bank whilst you're messing about with Mansions or whatevertheir called.  Stick to the D+E years. Plenty of locos, units and wagons to keep you going and me interested. Let the other lesser mortals cater for the fetishes of the steam fraternity!

Cough 31/4, etc.

Oooh!

When did they announce the Mansion House? :O 

spacer.png

Photo from wiki

Jason

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Clagsniffer said:

I’d love to see a Royal Mail class 325.

I think that would be an interesting one assuming it could be paid for with one run. Pretty much one livery to cover a long time, so doing 3 running numbers would allow 4, 8 or 12 car sets but any set could be of appeal to anyone the 325 is relevant to. I don't think the livery has changed over the years has it? Mostly WCML but they do/did get elsewhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think that would be an interesting one assuming it could be paid for with one run. Pretty much one livery to cover a long time, so doing 3 running numbers would allow 4, 8 or 12 car sets but any set could be of appeal to anyone the 325 is relevant to. I don't think the livery has changed over the years has it? Mostly WCML but they do/did get elsewhere.

Two versions of red - original with twin yellow stripes which went diagonal at ends (as RM lorry/van livery of the time) and the current plain version. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

I'm not going to speculate about exact models but given that one of the AS quoted earlier in the thread that there were 20 new announcements coming in 2022, that means a new product every 2 and half weeks!

I worked this out over Christmas too. So as you say it would seem we should be seeing an announcement soon. I've made some suggestions about what I think some of the newly tooled models may be. But I can't think of 20 models. Hmm...

I have absolutely no shame in admitting I was working this out either, over the Christmas holidays, when Accurascale were closed haha!

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

Some of the 20 will include Irish models don't forget.  My beloved 80 class will account for at least a few (about as subtle a hint to Accurascale as a Mrs Brown's Boys script).  Then who knows, possibly an NIR Hunslet, especially as they were English Electric, sounded like the "Whistling Wardrobes" and ran on similar bogies.

I wonder if Bachmann's retooled 20s would rule out a competing 20 to share it's noise and innards with the NIR Hunslet?  Probably not given they've already launched missiles at Barwell towards their Deltic and 37s...

• Like 1

Not a model idea I know, and this may have been covered elsewhere before/not be possible to keep their ideas and processes confidential, but I’d be really interested to read a blog post from Accurascale on how prototypes first come on to their radar, how many are on the radar at any given point (without having started on proper research and development etc), at what point a prototype become commercially viable, how the projects are affected, positively and negatively, by announcements from other companies etc. A (very slight) draw back the curtain thing! 

Anyway, back to the models! A U would be fantastic full stop and even better to Accurascale standards, plenty of variations and well travelled but excited to see what the future holds whatever is announced!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Some of the 20 will include Irish models don't forget.  My beloved 80 class will account for at least a few (about as subtle a hint to Accurascale as a Mrs Brown's Boys script).  Then who knows, possibly an NIR Hunslet, especially as they were English Electric, sounded like the "Whistling Wardrobes" and ran on similar bogies.

I wonder if Bachmann's retooled 20s would rule out a competing 20 to share it's noise and innards with the NIR Hunslet?  Probably not given they've already launched missiles at Barwell towards their Deltic and 37s...

I’d certainly add my vote to a decent 20 to AS standards!

1 hour ago, SRyan said:

Not a model idea I know, and this may have been covered elsewhere before/not be possible to keep their ideas and processes confidential, but I’d be really interested to read a blog post from Accurascale on how prototypes first come on to their radar, how many are on the radar at any given point (without having started on proper research and development etc), at what point a prototype become commercially viable, how the projects are affected, positively and negatively, by announcements from other companies etc. A (very slight) draw back the curtain thing! 

Anyway, back to the models! A U would be fantastic full stop and even better to Accurascale standards, plenty of variations and well travelled but excited to see what the future holds whatever is announced!

A U is one of the big gaps in steam. Probably my view is skewed but it seems an obvious choice.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, KDG said:

Now then Fran and team.

You're never going to prize more money out of my piggy bank whilst you're messing about with agricultural equipment or whatever they’re called. Stick to the steam years. Plenty of locos, coaches and wagons to keep you going and me interested. Let the other lesser mortals cater for the fetishes of the diesel fraternity!

Cough K4, U etc.

I’m joking. I like electrics, love diesels and adore steam. Just, please, produce what hasn’t already been modelled.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

^^^ In the post above the original text of my quoted post has been changed from "Mansions" to "agricultural equipment".

I didn't do that.

Not really important, but difficult to follow threads if folk go around changing what people have said.

3 minutes ago, KDG said:

^^^ In the post above the original text of my quoted post has been changed from "Mansions" to "agricultural equipment".

I didn't do that.

Not really important, but difficult to follow threads if folk go around changing what people have said.

My apologies. Good point. I should have copied it and edited it with strikethroughs and insertions or just shut up..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

...... Most RTR coaches are far too late for the Big Four era. For some reason certain quarters think everyone is modelling 1947/48 with Bulleid, Thompson, Hawksworth and LMS Portholes a plenty, yet not much in the way of earlier types. ....

... apart from assorted Maunsells, Gresleys, Collett 'suburbans ......... and various other models which are in need of updating to current standards.

1 hour ago, KDG said:

I didn't do that.

I agree, when changing peoples posts (most of the time with humour in mind) it is best to strike through the original statement other than delete it, and make it obvious in the post that it has been edited such as "fixed that for you" or whatever.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

My apologies. Good point. I should have copied it and edited it with strikethroughs and insertions or just shut up..

No offence taken Mr No Decorum, please don't shut up I enjoy reading your posts.