Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Too much to hope they will reveal an 8F alongside 48773 (which I would hope would be in batch 1....)

Is there an updated ETA on the manor shipment?

I’m hoping its the 8F’s bigger sister myself.

But as rehashes are vogue, the popularity contest would surely say a rebuilt Bulleid ?

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

@SteamingWales Hopefully the production samples. I shall visit on Saturday and report back. We are so close to delivery now that the suspense is killing me! 😂

Ah…that’s a new take on “staying alive “. Good way to spend Coronation Day,if unusual.Tempting but involves a drive.My second “crowning “ .Don’t know quite what to make of this occasion tbh. Appropriate venue for the new Manor however.The SVR resident was in fine fettle at the Steam Gala a few weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, longchap said:

I'm resisting commenting on my preference for Accurascale's next choice of steam loco, but it'll be the same as that of @Neal Ball.

Fingers crossed !

Ah! Bill, are we thinking a new GWR Saint class 4-6-0, or a new Pannier tank 0-6-0PT

In either case, I am sure Accurascale will do a great job of them…. What do you say @Accurascale Fran

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Is 2999 Lady of Legend still on the SVR, just saying.😉

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Was not in evidence at the Gala.

Lady of Legend went back to Didcot last Summer, is it back at the SVR already?

Unless you mean Pendennis Castle Robin?

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Ah! Bill, are we thinking a new GWR Saint class 4-6-0, or a new Pannier tank 0-6-0PT

In either case, I am sure Accurascale will do a great job of them…. What do you say @Accurascale Fran

Hmm, a difficult choice Neal, although I suspect Panniers may sell better, as a fair number of modellers would buy two. Well why wouldn't they? We really do need a new Saint as well of course.

@Accurascale Fran which would you consider might make it to market first Fran ?

Edited by longchap
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

That's a shame, she looked splendid when I saw her last year. A class Accurascale would do a magnificent job of imo.

2999.jpg.1e6143d29f04c9f6d3ad87a65b536706.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, longchap said:

Hmm, a difficult choice Neal, although I suspect Panniers may sell better, as a fair number of modellers would buy two. Well why wouldn't they? We really do need a new Saint a well of course.

@Accurascale Fran which would you consider might make it to market first Fran ?

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

That's a shame, she looked splendid when I saw her last year. A class Accurascale would do a magnificent job of imo.

2999.jpg.1e6143d29f04c9f6d3ad87a65b536706.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Pannier please!

Are we turning this into ….. “Which GWR loco would we like Accurascale to make next?” Thread.

I think on a quick straw poll we have 3 votes for a Pannier tank locos and 2 x Saint class 4-6-0…

Come on @Accurascale Fran you know you want to announce both locos…. 😎

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

2999 Lady of Legend was at the West Somerset Railway Spring Gala last weekend and will be staying there until 8 May.  She will be running on 6,7 and 8 May, details on the WSR website.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

The quote from the SVR website is:

Accurascale will be in attendance, showcasing their newly-released 00 Gauge Manor models PLUS ,samples of their forthcoming Class 50s will be available for viewing, as well as information on their next steam locomotive project

It was obviously written some time ago when the expectation was that the Manors would be on sale by May and so the reference to the next steam loco must mean what we now know is to be the Buckjumper. There is no mention of new announcements.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

The quote from the SVR website is:

It was obviously written some time ago when the expectation was that the Manors would be on sale by May and so the reference to the next steam loco must mean what we now know is to be the Buckjumper. There is no mention of new announcements.

It can't have been written too long ago because Accurascale haven't that the Class 50 samples for long unless it meant the 3D print. 

9 hours ago, sc2016 said:

If it is a whole New Announcement it could be a new Pannier as i have noticed on the SVR website that GWR Pannier 7714 is rostered to run on Saturday.

Wouldn't be complaing about a new one, though I have just been working on an older one so would be kind of funny.

Manors do be looking the part, just need a wartime black version, also something that's been bugging me about the samples, the shiny axles are showing through on the front set of wheels and I'm wondering if this has been corrected for the production models?

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Pannier please!

A pannier would be a super option for Accurascale because with the careful tooling arrangements they are obviously capable of it's a midel that would keep on giving for years with several relatively straightforward variants - 57XX and 8750 as a starting point then either of those with or without a top feed then add the non-vacuum fitted varieties of both, plus those with snap head rivetted side tanks, and throw in various minor changes as well, and finally the livery variations plus the mucky ones carrying 'GWR' on the side tanks very late in ther BR lives.  

They could - if tooled cleverly and to a really high standard plus, obviously, top notch mechanicals and easy EM conversion  - carry on for years without repeating the same detail mix.  And could they have the ultimate bit of Westernry refinement with an open firbox door and a choice of dished or high tup fires (plastic insert?).

Mind you even I would buy a 'Saint' and it could - again if cleverly tooled - have several potential detail variants plus being 'different' fromor other long lasting Western 4-6-0s.  Great opportunity, and profitable, in my view but it would not have the total saless potential of the pannier.

• Like 6
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

I think the Hawksworth County will be inevitable at some point, but is everyone waiting for the 12" to 1' version to be complete before they make anything public? 

I hope they aren't all planning one.....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

I think the Hawksworth County will be inevitable at some point, but is everyone waiting for the 12" to 1' version to be complete before they make anything public? 

I hope they aren't all planning one.....

John

Great.And I’ve been banging the drum on a Hawksworth County for nearly a decade.But it appears that the inevitable is disappearing into the infinite.And so the world turns and another birthday slips by . 

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3