Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

2 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

Really weird situation, especially to only find out once other people had already received the exact same model. Presumably one of the Accurascale lads can shed some light, quite quick to reply I find which is refreshing!

Perhaps it was just over subscribed but the system still allowed orders to be placed. Still, got three on order direct from Accurascale so still hopeful of getting those yet! The 7802 money can sit in the bank in the hope that there's another release from them with the larger tender so I can do 7803.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

It would be interesting to find out if they were oversold by Key or if the production run didn’t complete the 500 examples.

Gutted for the collectors who didn’t receive their models. 

No allowance made for the return of faulty models?

(Pure speculation).

CJI.

My Bradley Manor arrived yesterday and like others have said, looks superb. Unfortunately, when running it in the forwards direction it decides to stop / is very jerky around corners (second and third radius), yet the firebox light is still active. (I have a DC layout for reference).

Reported this to Accurascale live chat yesterday lunchtime and within a few mins - and a video being sent over - was advised to contact Key Publishing.

Key is arranging for a Parcel Force to collect my model, so hopefully it can be fixed soon. Top marks to both companies for customer service so far.

Hopefully there aren't too many other Manors with the same fault.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

Presumably one of the Accurascale lads can shed some light, quite quick to reply I find which is refreshing!

Accurascale are suppliers to Key Publishing.

They dont manage the direct orders to Key Publishing customers. Key Publishing are responsible for how they organise and take orders for their stock.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Garry D100 said:

Accurascale are suppliers to Key Publishing.

They dont manage the direct orders to Key Publishing customers. Key Publishing are responsible for how they organise and take orders for their stock.

Indeed they are, however I don't think it's been confirmed that is the issue has it? Could well have been that Key were undersupplied unless I've missed a confirmation that isn't the case

1 hour ago, B15nac said:

Mine has been cancelled to! I paid my deposit all that time ago when it was first announced an paid in full a few weeks ago within a hour of being asked! So disappointed. How has this happened.

Join the club, you're not the only one. . Without using industrial terminology, I must say being a subscriber & ordering the model on announcement  & then paying the balance the day I received the e-mail, I find today's email a slap in the face. It will make me think twice about purchasing a model through key publishing and accurascale, they knew how many models were ordered.  During that time they could've told us that they had sold the 500 they were producing instead of carrying on taking people's money and I would've expected accurascale out of good will to make another BR Manor available to all those who have missed out.  FYO moderator we've had issues with key publishing responding to emails.  This isn't a slant at Accurascale, they do give a good service.

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Join the club, you're not the only one. . Without using industrial terminology, I must say being a subscriber & ordering the model on announcement  & then paying the balance the day I received the e-mail, I find today's email a slap in the face. It will make me think twice about purchasing a model through key publishing and accurascale, they knew how many models were ordered.  During that time they could've told us that they had sold the 500 they were producing instead of carrying on taking people's money and I would've expected accurascale out of good will to make another BR Manor available to all those who have missed out.  FYO moderator we've had issues with key publishing responding to emails.

So how exactly would this affect you ordering from Accurascale? That makes no sense. Key could have ordered a model from anyone and over sold it. I do not see any logic in that statement.

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

5 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

... they had sold the 500 they were producing ...

I wonder if that's where an issue has occurred - the original limited edition announcement said there would be 250 DCC Ready and 100 Sound Fitted models available.

• Agree 1

With empathy for those that have been cancelled,  my sound/stay-alive Bradley arrived today. I am not a subscriber and ordered quite late. 

Is there a trend in sound/ DCC ready versions that are not being honoured, or is it random?

Perhaps Key were expecting/planning for a lower take up rate that didn't happen.

41 minutes ago, 5Dublo2 said:

I wonder if that's where an issue has occurred - the original limited edition announcement said there would be 250 DCC Ready and 100 Sound Fitted models available.

I can only find reference to 350 being made, although the split between Sound/non-sound changes between articles.

What's even weirder is that on 21st July, according to this article: https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/key-publishing-accurascale-bradley-manor-limited-edition?utm_campaign=kmw social&utm_content=257744232&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-129246407114953 there was still 40 left for preorder! 

Save speculating on what went wrong (something clearly did), I've responded to Key Publishing, be interesting if we get any more detail...! 

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Ben7820 said:

I can only find reference to 350 being made, although the split between Sound/non-sound changes between articles.

What's even weirder is that on 21st July, according to this article: https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/key-publishing-accurascale-bradley-manor-limited-edition?utm_campaign=kmw social&utm_content=257744232&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-129246407114953 there was still 40 left for preorder! 

Save speculating on what went wrong (something clearly did), I've responded to Key Publishing, be interesting if we get any more detail...! 

The unequivocal statement from Accurascale, that all of the models ordered by Key Publishing have been delivered, makes it abundantly clear where the c*ck-up occurred.

No blame can be put at the door of Accurascale.

CJI.

• Agree 15

• RMweb Gold

This is bizarre! Mine was a late order … DCC ready, will chip it once I hear what the sound is like in my Sound fitted 7808 this weekend.

Turned up today.

Sorry for those who have missed out… @Suzy Sulzer mine can come round for a run out if you need a fix….

• Friendly/supportive 2

A shame that some have missed out, I had the email saying my order could not be fulfilled but it arrived next day delivery an hour later, guessing I am one of the lucky ones.

It is a lovely loco.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Not quite sure what happened as I ordered mine very early on. I no it's a mistake an understand worse things happen but its very disappointing at the same time. Would be nice to get a proper explanation regarding what's happened.

Regards Neil 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Great pics, but the strange (and inaccurate) chimney on 7800 is not reflected by the pics of 7800 on the Accurascale site or the pics of 7800 earlier in this thread.

It wouldn't, Torquay Manor is the Dapol product.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It wouldn't, Torquay Manor is the Dapol product.

It took me a little while to work that out, until I eventually noticed that the Torquay Manor depicted was in GWR Shirtbutton whereas the Accurascale Torquay Manor (which I have on order - it's making a return trip to Cornwall before arriving in Didcot) is in BR Late Crest. Then I noticed the tyres...

A very interesting direct comparison. 

• Like 1