Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

17 hours ago, 5Dublo2 said:

I wonder if that's where an issue has occurred - the original limited edition announcement said there would be 250 DCC Ready and 100 Sound Fitted models available.

As much as I agree, I paid up-front and had a confirmation email for my order when the model was launched so to have it taken away from me when others have received theirs, is very disappointing to say the last.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

My issue is with key publishing and not Accurascale and I actually have alot of Accurascale models.  Apologies if my post wad misleading with regards to Accurascale.

It must be very disappointing and it a very unusual case. I have a class 31 ordered from Key so I was concerned to hear of so many people in a similar situation. I know it is only a model but at the same time we buy models because we enjoy them and obviously look forward to new ones coming out. To find out so late in the process that a model is gone is vey unfortunate to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 17/08/2023 at 09:40, Garry D100 said:

Look at the news and see what other people have to worry/be concerned about.

Waiting for a model train is a piece of piddle by comparison.

I share your sentiments. Why offer a free yrs subscription when you have one ?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, IamDaniel said:

My Bradley Manor arrived yesterday and like others have said, looks superb. Unfortunately, when running it in the forwards direction it decides to stop / is very jerky around corners (second and third radius), yet the firebox light is still active. (I have a DC layout for reference).

Reported this to Accurascale live chat yesterday lunchtime and within a few mins - and a video being sent over - was advised to contact Key Publishing.

Key is arranging for a Parcel Force to collect my model, so hopefully it can be fixed soon. Top marks to both companies for customer service so far.

Hopefully there aren't too many other Manors with the same fault.

As an update to this, a Parcel Force chap collected the parcel containing my defective Bradley Manor. Hopefully I'll get a working one back in due course...

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 17/08/2023 at 08:37, AY Mod said:

5. So they don't have to answer emails/calls asking "Where's mine?"

Its known as a Automated reply. like the one i had confirming order .Oh & the one requesting payment .followed by the one that told me "the computer says no."

16 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

This is bizarre! Mine was a late order … DCC ready, will chip it once I hear what the sound is like in my Sound fitted 7808 this weekend.

Turned up today.

Sorry for those who have missed out… @Suzy Sulzer mine can come round for a run out if you need a fix….

Your only be more interested in that long thing on the wall.

• Funny 2

Update as I have had a reply regarding if any could be added to the next production run (assuming there will be another run of Manors from Accurascale). I'm told that there isn't any chance of this but that those with cancelled orders will be contacted in the event of anyone cancelling their orders.

Also, refunds are already being progressed, was contacted this morning so fair play to them for sorting that element out quickly.

The disappointment will be further confounded I'm sure when the first ones appear on eBay.

Anyway, what's done is done. But if I can reiterate my vote for a 7803 with an intermediate tender that would help soften the blow... 😂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Karl said:

Update as I have had a reply regarding if any could be added to the next production run (assuming there will be another run of Manors from Accurascale). I'm told that there isn't any chance of this but that those with cancelled orders will be contacted in the event of anyone cancelling their orders.

Also, refunds are already being progressed, was contacted this morning so fair play to them for sorting that element out quickly.

The disappointment will be further confounded I'm sure when the first ones appear on eBay.

Anyway, what's done is done. But if I can reiterate my vote for a 7803 with an intermediate tender that would help soften the blow... 😂

For info/acton Dapol have 7802 late crest in their next run. 

• Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

For info/acton Dapol have 7802 late crest in their next run. 

Thanks Mike but having looked at the two models the obvious tyres on the Dapol wheels just put me off. But thankyou for thinking of all of us who have missed out to make sure we're aware of that option.

I'm debating trying to get an Torquay Manor from Accurascale and renaming.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Trainsandtravel said:

I have often wondered if a manufacturer would ever offer RTR models in P4 gauge as it is the same scale as 00 gauge just with a more to gauge track. I actually think there is a market for it these days. 

Its certainly nowhere near as bonkers as Hornby trying to persuade everyone to sell everything and change to slightly smaller (or slightly bigger).

Edited by Hal Nail

I liked the review.

Simple, clear observations, and personal subjective impressions of the product.

Agreed, the 'smokebox idea' is something I'm often doing to my proprietary 'other manufacturer' steamies.

Love the 'gimmick' water tank cover - why not?

Thanks for sharing.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Seeing the model moved around in three dimensions brings home what a fabulous bit of kit it really is Andy - the detailing is wonderful, but it's the sheer amount of it where it counts that's astonishing. Above and below solebar everything looks shipshape and Swindon fashion, just as it ought to be. We'll be running out of superlatives before long, but this is a superb model and as you say in the video, it is great value for money. 

Now I'm picturing it in 7mm.... 😉

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

For those who are still looking for an Accurascale Manor my local model shop,  Great Eastern Models in Norwich, had a delivery this morning. When I collected Torquay Manor they had six left (Cookham, Torquay, Erlestoke, and Anthony). They do mail order.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

i would like to take my hat off to accurascale for their customer service . they helped me secure a erlstocke manor dcc sound after my my bradley manor got cancelled . they put a special order in for me and i now have a manor on the way . THANK YOU ACCURASCALE

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Ooph! You need to be more gentle with it, Andy...

I'm left traumatised after watching that!

Looking forward to Part 2, and what you make of the sound.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Cooper said:

i would like to take my hat off to accurascale for their customer service . they helped me secure a erlstocke manor dcc sound after my my bradley manor got cancelled . they put a special order in for me and i now have a manor on the way . THANK YOU ACCURASCALE

And a plus one from me! 

7812 now winging it's way to me too - some fabulous customer service from Accurascale, especially as it wasn't their problem to resolve! 

No more limited editions for me, direct order only! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, Karl said:

How hard can it be to order an addon to the next batch equal to number oversold this time? It is basically just a set of numberplates and maybe a tender body different to a standard model that might be released (depending on which other models are included in the run). This is a bit inexcusable from Key.

As someone with no skin in that particular game.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, geoffers said:

For those who are still looking for an Accurascale Manor my local model shop,  Great Eastern Models in Norwich, had a delivery this morning. When I collected Torquay Manor they had six left (Cookham, Torquay, Erlestoke, and Anthony). They do mail order.

Quite a few Manors showing in stock at Kernow. Just got their newsletter and checked. Mostly DCC ready, just one with sound.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

C5F92EF8-9584-44AE-A416-3CC25D9ED392.jpeg.2f48a87376cf75b480981d8f917b4ac1.jpeg

Have had a chance to look at my 7802 … bowled over! Thanks Accurascale…

Been looking at fitting the details starting with the front coupling. A key wow for me with photos of the model was getting the coupling on to the shackle under the buffer. Well …. Destroyed one coupling trying so haven’t persisted with the other one. 

Any advice anywhere please? The coupling as supplied would be a very tight stretch as the bottom shackle is modelled wound up near the counterbalance weight …. If it were at the lower extremity of its travel there might be a better chance …

The only way I have got it to work on other models is with a coupling with extended shackles as used on the SR and with the pivot axes of the shackles at 90 degrees so might be doing a swap there…

Heres one I did earlier on a modified Bachmann Modified Hall …. 

AC32AA18-B4A2-44C1-99E0-CA9AB3A030AC.jpeg.d6c73c5d2df1f13f9250e591cf5dfc3d.jpeg

I’ve had a frustrating hour or two trying to get the supplied screw link coupling IMG_3369.jpeg.510dd21022bf92cf26bfb2fc7c7a4117.jpegto fit on the stowing hook. Having had to repair the coupling a couple of times I have stowed it in this configuration. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

The stay alive on my manor doesn’t seem to be working, upon investigation none of the pickups on the tender are touching the backs of the wheels so it’s picking up on the driving wheels only.

Silly question but does the stay alive just use the tender pickups or does it use all the locos pickups? 
I’ve had the loco sat on the layout for quite a while to ‘charge them up’ but the second I lift the loco or go over a insulated frog point the loco stops dead.

I can adjust the pickups but I don’t want to mess with it if it ends up having to go back for a look at.

Does the stay alive work well on everyone else’s models? 

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

The stay alive on my manor doesn’t seem to be working, upon investigation none of the pickups on the tender are touching the backs of the wheels so it’s picking up on the driving wheels only.

Silly question but does the stay alive just use the tender pickups or does it use all the locos pickups? 
I’ve had the loco sat on the layout for quite a while to ‘charge them up’ but the second I lift the loco or go over a insulated frog point the loco stops dead.

I can adjust the pickups but I don’t want to mess with it if it ends up having to go back for a look at.

Does the stay alive work well on everyone else’s models? 

Works very well on mine. (DCC, of course.)

All of the pickups from loco and tender are wired together on the PCB in the tender if your Manor is manufactured correctly / the same as mine. So you should get stay alive even if the tender pickups are not working consistently.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, is this a DC or DCC model?

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

The factory fitted sound on my Manor seems quite quiet, I know the CVs suggested to be changed for the main sound. Wondering if anyone else has changed the volume on their Manor to raise the level and which value is best changed for which CVs?

Regards

Roy