Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

Are spare tender bodies available to buy anywhere? I have a second Manor now (7824) and the one I'm wanting to renumber it to had a Rivetted tender and Narrow horn guides, Id just need the rivetted unlined black early crest tender body.

On 21/02/2024 at 04:35, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Another batch will happen when we sell out of the first batch!

Encourage us by buying another one currently available; https://www.accurascale.com/collections/gwr-7800-manor-class

Cheers!

Fran 

I am surprised to see you have several of these still in stock. However my impression of the UK market is that modelers tend to prefer to visit their local hobby shop and pick out the model they are interested in instead of buying direct. However given my positive experience with your service and shipping I would encourage anyone considering purchasing a Manor to take a look at what you have in stock and also get the word out to their friends that these are still available—Larry

Edited by Cofga
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Cofga said:

I am surprised to see you have several of these still in stock. However my impression of the UK market is that modelers tend to prefer to visit their local hobby and pock put the model they are interested in instead of buying direct. However given my positive experience with your service and shipping I would encourage anyone considering purchasing a Manor to take a look at what you have in stock and also get the word out to their friends that these are still available—Larry

We have a great many stockists all of whom can also replenish their stocks should their customers ask. 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/store-locator

Would the BR modified chimney's be available as spares?

I would love to have a proper chimney for my conversion of 7820 to preserved 7829 (yes I know I need to change the hornblocks too)  (And yes I know this will void the lifetime warranty) 

• 3 weeks later...

Fifteen Up!

I feel I need to share this video link:

I made this video to confirm the haulage capacity of the model.  It is rather good.  The shots have been carefully selected to show a smooth start.  On other occasions the model will jump into life, something that Accurascale appear to be not willing to know about.

Cheers Ray

53585660228_818e0ded25_k.jpgFifteen Up! by Longsheds, on Flickr

Edited by Silver Sidelines
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2024 at 19:32, Silver Sidelines said:

Fifteen Up!

I feel I need to share this video link:

I made this video to confirm the haulage capacity of the model.  It is rather good.  The shots have been carefully selected to show a smooth start.  On other occasions the model will jump into life, something that Accurascale appear to be not willing to know about.

Cheers Ray

53585660228_818e0ded25_k.jpgFifteen Up! by Longsheds, on Flickr

How does this compare to, for example, a 'latest specification' Hornby Castle or King?

Al.

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

How does this compare to, for example, a 'latest specification' Hornby Castle or King?

Al.

Cheers Al,  I don't know - but my Bachmann Manor will 'just' haul the same rake but it makes a bit of a fuss.  Note that ex Mainline Lydham Manor is fitted with a later Bachmann mechanism.

Regards  Ray

Edited by Silver Sidelines
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Thought I would treat myself to Dinmore Manor as there was a few left in stock. A question for the Accurascale team, What is the current duration for shipping after placing an order?

I understand you are busy with the arrival of the class 66. 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, TrainsRule88 said:

Thought I would treat myself to Dinmore Manor as there was a few left in stock. A question for the Accurascale team, What is the current duration for shipping after placing an order?

I understand you are busy with the arrival of the class 66. 

At the moment there is a slight queue but we would hope to be back to same day by Monday.

On 03/04/2024 at 15:25, Silver Sidelines said:

Cheers Al,  I don't know - but my Bachmann Manor will 'just' haul the same rake but it makes a bit of a fuss.  Note that ex Mainline Lydham Manor is fitted with a later Bachmann mechanism.

Regards  Ray

It will be interesting to see the haulage capacity of the forthcoming GWR 57xx.

I have a rake of 36 Bachmann 16t mineral wagons ready to haul.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

It will be interesting to see the haulage capacity of the forthcoming GWR 57xx.

I have a rake of 36 Bachmann 16t mineral wagons ready to haul.  

Lets just say we ran out of wagons on our test track 👍

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, McC said:

At the moment there is a slight queue but we would hope to be back to same day by Monday.

Thanks for the reply. 

there is no hurry, I just need to intercept the delivery email from DPD so that I can rearrange the delivery for when I am on day off from work. Otherwise DPD have the tendency to take to a parcel collection shop about 50 miles away 😂

Looking forward to having Dinmore up and running. Just need some Accurascale MK1 gangway coaches in chocolate & cream for my layout model of a heritage railway. 😉

Although Completely out of my era I could be very tempted by a Lined Black Hinton Manor :).

Can Accurascale let us know if they have/would be prepared to tool up for the Collett 3500g Tender? 

(And before someone says it, yes I know Hinton Manor's tender is actually a one off built by the SVR in preseveration but asking AS to do that is a bit much!) 

Regards,

Bruce 

Edited by D400

Hi Ray, (Silver Sidelines),

I'm glad I'm not the only one to be a little disappointed by the start & stop characteristics of the Manor. Mine does exactly the same (DC) - a sudden start, rather than a gradual, slow respionse (ditto sudden stop-in reverse obviously!), and that is after carefully running in using Gaugemaster controllers. I have mentioned this previously and confess to still feeling let down slightly. I may be fussy, but after paying a high price for a newly designed loco, it should be possible - and expected - that the performance should be faultless - or as near as is possible to achieve. I have other steam models from both Hornby & Bachmann, which are much older and they display excellent performance throughout their range. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, exmoordave said:

Hi Ray, (Silver Sidelines),

I'm glad I'm not the only one to be a little disappointed by the start & stop characteristics of the Manor. Mine does exactly the same (DC) - a sudden start, rather than a gradual, slow respionse (ditto sudden stop-in reverse obviously!), and that is after carefully running in using Gaugemaster controllers. I have mentioned this previously and confess to still feeling let down slightly. I may be fussy, but after paying a high price for a newly designed loco, it should be possible - and expected - that the performance should be faultless - or as near as is possible to achieve. I have other steam models from both Hornby & Bachmann, which are much older and they display excellent performance throughout their range. 

Have you reached out to support?

I own 2 manors an want a 3rd they look superb but there slow speed an pulling away on DC are poor I returned a couple to accurascale for replacement because of this and the replacements are the same so I've decided to live with it as they look so good. No disrespect ment at accurascale I've got other models of there's on pre order but from what I've heard on rmweb and on Facebook plus from people I've spoken to there DC slow running an pulling away is there weak spot but this won't be admitted. From what I've seen there DCC versions are a lot better at slow speeds

Kind regards Neil 

Edited by B15nac
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B15nac said:

I own 2 manors an want a 3rd they look superb but there slow speed an pulling away on DC are poor I returned a couple to accurascale for replacement because of this and the replacements are the same so I've decided to live with it as they look so good.

I've two, the blanking plug was the issue with one of mine.  Replacement plug cured the start problem.  And if I read "reach out" again, aimed at the under 30's, well.....  .

Edited by IOW O2
correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

And if I read "reach out" again, aimed at the under 30's, well.....  .

Here, here !!!

I reach out when I need to touch something nearby; when I need help I 'make contact with / speak to' the appropriate person / organisation.

Where do these 'trendy' phrases come from? 😡

CJI.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1