Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, IOW O2 said:

.  And if I read "reach out" again, aimed at the under 30's, well.....  .

lol. Language does indeed move forward and evolve and is driven by modern technology (zoom and google and such like) but as a nearly 50 year old I’ll take the compliment lol. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, B15nac said:

Can I ask what is accurascale's opinion on the apparent issues on DC for these at low speed?

Kind regards Neil 

Hi Neil,

As outlined by a poster above, a blanking plug was causing an issue with slow running on DC. As @McC suggests, perhaps reach out to our support channels to see if we can assist with same?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

Many thanks to McC for his contact, it is appreciated.

What do you suggest to "reach out" please? I know there have been comments on here about the blanking plug, but of course I would imagine that is not a universal answer? Anyway, thanks again & please message me and let me know your suggestion/s.

Many thanks in advance,

rxmoordave

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, exmoordave said:

Many thanks to McC for his contact, it is appreciated.

What do you suggest to "reach out" please? I know there have been comments on here about the blanking plug, but of course I would imagine that is not a universal answer? Anyway, thanks again & please message me and let me know your suggestion/s.

Many thanks in advance,

rxmoordave

As both Fran and I have suggested, if you contact our support team, they can evaluate your case, and best advise. 

Please log in at https://accurascale.com and click on 'support' or use any of the methods listed here 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/contact

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, McC said:

lol. Language does indeed move forward and evolve and is driven by modern technology (zoom and google and such like) but as a nearly 50 year old I’ll take the compliment lol. 

For my sins I get to meet regularly with reasonably senior Civil Servants and I can confirm ‘reaching out’ is very regular in their sentences.  These are people in their 30s and 40s - I’m late 50s. As @Roy Langridge says, language evolves. Chill lol. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Neil,

As outlined by a poster above, a blanking plug was causing an issue with slow running on DC. As @McC suggests, perhaps reach out to our support channels to see if we can assist with same?

Cheers!

Fran 

That is very interesting - are all the blanking plugs faulty?  I 'reached out' to you in January (terrible phrase should be reserved for the Four Tops) and exchanged two or three emails and videos with your man Simon.  No mention of faulty blanking plugs.  I have a number of these models which on and off all exhibit the same rough start.  So what's the story.

Regards  Ray

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Having read all the comments about poor starting I decided to get my Bradley Manor out of the cabinet and give it a run. Attached to a five coach train it started perfectly smoothly and slowed to a stop just as well. In the garage I use an On Track controller, no feedback as far as I was told, and in other situations it has performed well on other controllers. 

Looking forward to the panniers.

Brian

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Silver Sidelines said:

That is very interesting - are all the blanking plugs faulty?  I 'reached out' to you in January (terrible phrase should be reserved for the Four Tops) and exchanged two or three emails and videos with your man Simon.  No mention of faulty blanking plugs.  I have a number of these models which on and off all exhibit the same rough start.  So what's the story.

Regards  Ray

Hi Ray,

No, all blanking plugs are not faulty. It was mentioned above that one customer was having an issue and a replacement blanking plug solved the issue. I merely suggested that it may solve an issue another user was having. It must be remembered that we make thousands of models, so one component could end up faulty in one loco, or one in three locomotives over the production run. It doesn't make all of them duds. A swallow doesn't make a summer after all. 

As reported elsewhere above, other users on DC have had excellent slow speed performance too, so it's not one hard and fast rule. 

As for the term "reach out", I promise I'll stop using it if we can promise not to turn a specific problem possible diagnosis and suggested test remedy into a "this specific part in every locomotive must be faulty as Fran said; try that" hyperbole post in response? I think that's a fair deal.

If it's on and off, as in intermittent, perhaps it's something to do with the circuitry, but Simon is much better placed than me to answer, so I would suggest emailing us at support again to see if he has any further thoughts?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Both of my manors, had the same issues as described on DC - powered with both feedback and non feedback controllers (which is my main controller, made by Gaugemaster).

I have spoken with other manor owners who have had the same issue with rapid starting. Fitting my pair with DCC seems to have resolved the issue, and they are now the two best locos in my fleet.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/04/2024 at 22:19, Roy Langridge said:

Language evolves, that is life. Always has, always will.  

Just don’t get stressed by it, it achieves nothing. 

Roy

20 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

For my sins I get to meet regularly with reasonably senior Civil Servants and I can confirm ‘reaching out’ is very regular in their sentences.  These are people in their 30s and 40s - I’m late 50s. As @Roy Langridge says, language evolves. Chill lol. 

What's the point of growing old disgracefully, if you can't occasionally complain about aspects of 'the modern world?'

Anyway, the expression 'chill' is another linguistic abomination. If I want to 'chill', I'll go outside without my coat on a freezing winters night, thank you very much, or have a walk-in freezer room installed!

Anyway, I blame British Telecom...

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Over 65s might like to send a telegram. Stop😉

.-- .... .- - / .. ... / - .... .- - ..--..

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 18/04/2024 at 22:03, cctransuk said:

Where do these 'trendy' phrases come from? 😡

The first time i heard “Do me a solid” I genuinely thought they wanted me to goto the loo.

Edited by adb968008
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

/\\\\\//\  /\\////

Hmm google can not help me? I was ready with a semaphore reply, but what is the language here?

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Vistisen said:

Hmm google can not help me? I was ready with a semaphore reply, but what is the language here?

Single needle telegraph - it says 'thank you' but I didn't leave any spaces between the letters which might not have helped translation.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

10 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Single needle telegraph - it says 'thank you' but I didn't leave any spaces between the letters which might not have helped translation.

I’m glad someone else asked. 😄

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 20/04/2024 at 10:09, Captain Kernow said:

What's the point of growing old disgracefully, if you can't occasionally complain about aspects of 'the modern world?'

Anyway, the expression 'chill' is another linguistic abomination. If I want to 'chill', I'll go outside without my coat on a freezing winters night, thank you very much, or have a walk-in freezer room installed!

Anyway, I blame British Telecom...

"Going forward..."; don't get me started; (see what I attempted to do there CK?)

His mightiness, the Duckworth of 36E (ex 72A and 83D).

Before anyone says this is OT. Going forward is what a Manor should do and at various speeds. I thank you.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I think a lot of people just need to “chill “ Take a “Helicopter view” and “run the flag up the pole and see who salutes”  . Let’s see how it “feeds through to the bottom line” “at the end of the day” 

Recently retired and don’t miss the corporate spiel at all . 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Legend said:

I think a lot of people just need to “chill “ Take a “Helicopter view” and “run the flag up the pole and see who salutes”  . Let’s see how it “feeds through to the bottom line” “at the end of the day” 

Recently retired and don’t miss the corporate spiel at all . 

It all helps to explain why bullsh*t bingo became so popular!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1