The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Lucy,

We will certainly be providing future runs of hoppers in all flavours in the future.

Cheers!

Fran 

Including millionaires shortbread flavour? 😀

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Lady_Farkham said:

Thanks Fran.

Order placed. 

Many thanks, Lucy!

6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Including millionaires shortbread flavour? 😀

Ah, I think only one manufacturer can nail that combination, Phil! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Many thanks, Lucy!

Ah, I think only one manufacturer can nail that combination, Phil! 

Cheers!

Fran 

I’ll tell that to the boss then… 😀

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Lady_Farkham said:

A couple of questions... 

1) Has anyone fit Smiths instanters successfully? I'm told the beam is very shallow. (I know they come with instanters, but they are only really for detail purposes). 

I’ve fitted Smiths instanters to these, there’s a metal bufferbeam to drill through and then the couplings were secured behind with a nice dollop of superglue! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I ordered an HMA pack from Accurascale on Saturday.    When I arrived home from the supermarket this morning (Tuesday) the parcel was waiting for me outside my back door, having been dropped off by DHL half an hour earlier.   Well done Accurascale, top service, at a time when everything else from other sellers seems to be delayed in transit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Will weathered versions of the HAA wagons be produced?

The wagons look very good apart from being too clean compared with how they were in normal service.

Peter

Hi Peter,

We may consider weathered models in the future.

In the meantime @James Makin of this parish done a "how to" guide on how to weather them which is on our website here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/lets-get-involved/lets-get-involved-weathering-mgr-wagons-with-james-makin

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Peter,

We may consider weathered models in the future.

In the meantime @James Makin of this parish done a "how to" guide on how to weather them which is on our website here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/lets-get-involved/lets-get-involved-weathering-mgr-wagons-with-james-makin

Cheers!

Fran 

I suppose it depends how 'faithfully' Accurascale can get the paint finish, plus additional cost.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

I have been weathering my CDAs.

A73ACF02-AD97-4CDF-96A0-3BCE38F69239.jpeg

Very impressive.  Did you use powders? (I have to tackle some Cemflos and am not quite sure how best to do it!)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, uk_pm said:

Very impressive.  Did you use powders? (I have to tackle some Cemflos and am not quite sure how best to do it!)

Hi uk_pm

I first sprayed a light coat of ‘weathering brown’ - a 50/50 mix of Precision Track Dirt and Brake Dust.  I then used Tamiya Weathering Master set B (white and rust) applied with eye shadow applicators.

Hope that this helps.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi uk_pm

I first sprayed a light coat of ‘weathering brown’ - a 50/50 mix of Precision Track Dirt and Brake Dust.  I then used Tamiya Weathering Master set B (white and rust) applied with eye shadow applicators.

Hope that this helps.

Thank you; that is super helpful.  I'm so glad you used a grimy foundation; so did I for the MGR wagons.  I will have a go with my Cemflos and see how I get on.  In the meantime, thanks for the inspiring photo.  

16 hours ago, IRC said:

When do we see the next run of these I wonder? I could do with some yellow cradle, trainload coal HAA’s for my late 80’s 

layout.

28 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @IRC,

We'll see what we can do ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

Not for me, but I imagine there need to be a number of Barry maintained MGR hoppers available to recreate this Fran.  I believe the Barry shops logo was a galleon ship

www.flickr.com/photos/isispics/8220425746/in/photolist-2kx5h8J-HmnYRH-fKoHot-7R5tZs-24wKFWk-fvDhFu-dwpQbo-atP3XX-fHSUnN-2aWP6oq-fPbANn-oiE6mB-atRJcs-auvLtS-atP3P2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Covkid said:

Not for me, but I imagine there need to be a number of Barry maintained MGR hoppers available to recreate this Fran.  I believe the Barry shops logo was a galleon ship

Already appeared on at least one of the HDAs: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/merry-go-round-mgr/products/hda-railfreight-red-pack-3

Roy