Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

hi all,  is there an update on the arrival of the 56.  basically so i an set things aside for them

also is there any plans to pay monthly as that would make lot things easier  

The class 56 is available from retailers not direct from Cavalex so how could there be a payment plan? It is up to individual retailers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

I think Colletts Model Shop have some kind of scheme along those lines if I remember correctly. Check their website…

They do. I have used it for exactly that reason and have two on order.

Be warned though, they are due this month and Leigh has already asked for final balance payments.

1 hour ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

I think Colletts Model Shop have some kind of scheme along those lines if I remember correctly. Check their website…

1 minute ago, IRC said:

They do. I have used it for exactly that reason and have two on order.

Be warned though, they are due this month and Leigh has already asked for final balance payments.

thank you both

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Are these on the way or is the Nov date when the factory is expected to be finished production,are you aiming to have these in the wild at Warley?

Spoke with Cav yesterday. Realistically, factoring in transport, customs clearance, QC checks, distribution to retailers, and then re-distribution by retailers etc. etc., they are unlikely to be available by Christmas, so that should see them being on the shop shelves in early January.

It is hoped to have the first samples off the production line in Cavalex's hands by the time of the Warley show, so you should be able to see exactly what you are getting at the NEC show.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

7 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

Spoke with Cav yesterday. Realistically, factoring in transport, customs clearance, QC checks, distribution to retailers, and then re-distribution by retailers etc. etc., they are unlikely to be available by Christmas, so that should see them being on the shop shelves in early January.

It is hoped to have the first samples off the production line in Cavalex's hands by the time of the Warley show, so you should be able to see exactly what you are getting at the NEC show.

Interesting as this seems to contradict what Cav said in a Facebook comment on Friday - ‘due into stock with retailers early December’. Would be good to confirm

Either way 

7 hours ago, MatthewEWS said:

Interesting as this seems to contradict what Cav said in a Facebook comment on Friday - ‘due into stock with retailers early December’. Would be good to confirm

Either way 

I haven't been able to find Cav's Facebook post. but I am happy to be corrected.

I will throw in the following from our experience of waiting for models to arrive from China. If the ship changes route or incurs delays (finding berths when everyone else is getting their Christmas stuff unloaded becomes a realistic scenario here), or if Customs are being bl**dy-minded, you can easily find what you expected to happen on a certain day slips... and slips....

Pin-pointing the exact date is as unpredictable as knowing when the latest Icelandic volcano eruption is going to take place. You know it's going to happen, but just cannot say exactly when.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike at C&M said:

I haven't been able to find Cav's Facebook post. but I am happy to be corrected.

I will throw in the following from our experience of waiting for models to arrive from China. If the ship changes route or incurs delays (finding berths when everyone else is getting their Christmas stuff unloaded becomes a realistic scenario here), or if Customs are being bl**dy-minded, you can easily find what you expected to happen on a certain day slips... and slips....

Pin-pointing the exact date is as unpredictable as knowing when the latest Icelandic volcano eruption is going to take place. You know it's going to happen, but just cannot say exactly when.

How inconsiderate of a few world events delaying the toy trains arrive in the hands of grown men!

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Mike at C&M said:

It was a comment on someone looking for a Class 56 for sale - but either way, totally understand it’s not a simple process, just trying to plan for my wallets sake! 🤣

11 hours ago, MatthewEWS said:

Either way 

Just to clarify the situation as there seems to be some confusion in the matter.

Firstly it was Alex that spoke to Mike at C&M on Friday, not me, so that is probably where the confusion has occured. On Friday during my post on Facebook I had not been made aware of the latest information from the factory, whereas Alex had been in communication with the factory that day and hence was able to give Mike the latest info. 

As of today the situation is that we are currently assessing and giving final feedback to the factory on the final production models with our last minute revisions being made to the production models, which are currently awaiting shipment, over the next week or two. 

As mentioned to Mike on Friday we are expecting the models to be with us during December but by the time that checks and distribution takes place it is likely to be just after Christmas before they arrive in customers hands.

We apologise for any confusion regarding the shipment of these.

Regards

Cav

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Looks like I can afford a Turkey for christmas afterall.

it would have looked a bit odd serving up the GBRF 56 pair on a dinner table on Xmas day to look at whilst eating toast if i’d spent up on 56’s.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7eae5493-a65a-4278-8db5-323a36f953fb.JPG.58eb001a73ed85a07fbb1166145cbdbb.JPG

We’re excited to share that production Class 56 models have arrived with us for final sign off before the full batch are shipped to the UK. All production models and bodyshells will be available to view on our stand at the Warley Exhibition this coming weekend. Delivery of the Class 56 is anticipated early next year, subject to shipping and QC times. 

Thanks to Pete at Llanbourne in Australia for allowing us to run 56008 on his superb layout!

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 2