Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

It's not done as a mesh so no danger there.

It's a clever little method we have devised, you can actually see the horns through it now, which is a vast improvement. 

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

Just when you think you’ve said all the wows you can and surely nothing else can be improved or enhanced you guys go and show us this! Incredible 👌 Seeing this just excites me even more for getting my grubby mitts on the models I have on preorder and makes me eager to see more of your class 60 project! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 97406 said:

I had a good look at the latest prototypes at Crewe yesterday and they are absolutely splendid, as are the deco samples. Looking forward to them arriving this Autumn.

Looking forward to them when they are happy themselves what they are making,this is a model that could well steal the show,so far this thread is not dogged with whens it coming and i want mine first,lets hope it stays that way,

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, RBE said:

Yes the latest samples that we showed everyone at Crewe over the weekend went down very well indeed. Since the side grill frames have been corrected and the horn grille modifications that we specified have been implemented we are very happy indeed.

Me and Alex spent a lot of time looking over the models at the weekend on the stand and our OCD consensus was, that in an ideal world where anything is possible, we would not change a single thing on it. That is a bold statement, granted, and one that surprised us just as much when we said it to each other. We are very proud of what we have been able to achieve with the class 56 here at Cavalex and our factory has done themselves proud with this to realise our dream. 

The only thing to beat that now will be to get them delivered to our customers and let them enjoy them as much as we do. 

Your playing with us now…. :-)

cant wait to see pictures ive been very impressed with the 56 ever since I saw those round buffers on the blue one at Warley.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

we need another Colas running number to double head

double head, amateurs! 

how about 2 plus a class 60 to boot

56078/56105/60076 Chirk

EDIT: more pics and info 

06F91906-178A-46EB-93C2-5C1460B870D4.jpeg.76951cd6cc16b34b8d8363ceab0493c1.jpeg

A535672E-51E9-451B-A70B-7032A7EAB113.jpeg.c7f97ed2d55112db00a884879287e257.jpeg

just been back through my thread to see what I had 3 locos but i just wrote there was an issue coming in from baglan the previous night, seem to remember Both 56s we’re running in multi With the 60 DIT until Cardiff where the 56s came off 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/06/2023 at 18:04, big jim said:

double head, amateurs! 

how about 2 plus a class 60 to boot

56078/56105/60076 Chirk

EDIT: more pics and info 

06F91906-178A-46EB-93C2-5C1460B870D4.jpeg.76951cd6cc16b34b8d8363ceab0493c1.jpeg

A535672E-51E9-451B-A70B-7032A7EAB113.jpeg.c7f97ed2d55112db00a884879287e257.jpeg

just been back through my thread to see what I had 3 locos but i just wrote there was an issue coming in from baglan the previous night, seem to remember Both 56s we’re running in multi With the 60 DIT until Cardiff where the 56s came off 

Two 56s....45mgrs with wet imported coal from gladstone docks to edge hill gullet sdg on a damp October day all good driving fun the climb to Walton in Anfield through the deep cutting was joyfull....not so much to the residents!...who knew it rained black bin bags of trash in liverpool

• 2 weeks later...

As production of our eagerly awaited class 56 presses on we would just like to remind our customers that the locomotive also has the option of drop in replacement wheelsets for both EM and P4 scales.

56049Pwellheli.jpg.986089b59b68c196e9ddd15da0535122.jpg

Our painted sample of 56049 on the Excellent Pwellheli P4 layout.

EMWheelsets.jpg.84f8979734f53de78ed8b161b97ca6be.jpg

Pre-production EM wheelsets on our Black Country Blues EM layout

If you haven't been able to check out our wheelset change video before, you can do so below.

If you have pre-ordered a Cavalex Models class 56 already and are a finescale modeller requiring drop in wheelsets to suit your trackwork please contact your Cavalex Models stockist and add them to your order now for just £19.99 per set of six axles.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 9

No the axle ends are held in brass bearings that also act as pick up contacts therefore no wipers that require bending. The plastic parts in the centre make no contact with any other plastic except the geared portion in the centre for the drive train.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

As we await the final pre-production samples from the factory which will include the latest sound file and final speaker setup, the testing of our painted samples has continued. Thanks to Barrow Hill Junction; BR Blue 56008 was given a MGR working very prototypical for the area whilst 56049 was given some mileage on bogie tank wagons.

Link to YouTube video here: 

Please keep an eye out for updates coming soon.

• Like 17