Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

• RMweb Gold
Just now, derekdoestrains said:

IMG_4288.jpeg.bf6e7225baff0dda680a059d6cf4631e.jpegthat’s my warrant voided then😂 and won’t be able to sell them for a massive profit either! 😂 (the tail lamp is the cause of a lack of warranty for clarity)

Love the taillamp!  Is it a tiny LED wired into the lighting circuit, or an internal LED with a fibre-optic?  Either way, it looks great.

Just now, uk_pm said:

Love the taillamp!  Is it a tiny LED wired into the lighting circuit, or an internal LED with a fibre-optic?  Either way, it looks great.

Tiny LED, it’s the DCC concepts EOT lamps - I’ve gotta add a small stay alive into the toilet, but was amazed to find they’ve even modelled the toilet pan!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Tiny LED, it’s the DCC concepts EOT lamps - I’ve gotta add a small stay alive into the toilet, but was amazed to find they’ve even modelled the toilet pan!

I've not checked, but I expect that if you look carefully enough there is a perfectly-modelled removable panel, behind which you'll find the cistern.  You can pop the stay-alive in there, and no-one will notice (you may have to remove some of the spare OO-gauge toilet rolls that will also be there!)

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, uk_pm said:

I've not checked, but I expect that if you look carefully enough there is a perfectly-modelled removable panel, behind which you'll find the cistern.  You can pop the stay-alive in there, and no-one will notice (you may have to remove some of the spare OO-gauge toilet rolls that will also be there!)

But if you do that, then the warranty will no longer include the flushing. 😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

but was amazed to find they’ve even modelled the toilet pan!

I quite like the idea of a Battlespace Footex limited edition, with toilet rolls being ejected from windows when the coach goes over a ramp in the track...

• Funny 5

35 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

I quite like the idea of a Battlespace Footex limited edition, with toilet rolls being ejected from windows when the coach goes over a ramp in the track...

Wouldn't it be more realistic if the toilet paper was ejected from the bottom, along with some wet brown flock of course.

Roddy 😁

• Funny 2

14 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

But if you do that, then the warranty will no longer include the flushing. 😁

If Accurascale want to fit DCC sound to a coach loo, the other week when doing some file back-ups I did find a sound effect I made for the Microsoft Train Simulator 1 "Enterprise" Dublin-Belfast route add-on of someone "downloading" on the loo which I intended to put in a passenger view inside the lavatory.  I wasn't allowed to do it, but together with automatic ejecting loo rolls could add some colourful Easter eggs to future releases.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I've had my RTC pack and WCRC coaches for a while to look over. I have to say I'm extremely pleased all round. Fell pretty solid to me as well with no detail lost on any of them. Thanks Accurascale and can't wait for my much larger 2c order to roll in! 

Regarding the WCRC Maroon it's not something I will lose any sleep over. It's very common to see brighter freshly painted coaches and some older faded and darker ones all mixed in together as others have said.

Edited by E100
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

If Accurascale want to fit DCC sound to a coach loo, the other week when doing some file back-ups I did find a sound effect I made for the Microsoft Train Simulator 1 "Enterprise" Dublin-Belfast route add-on of someone "downloading" on the loo which I intended to put in a passenger view inside the lavatory.  I wasn't allowed to do it, but together with automatic ejecting loo rolls could add some colourful Easter eggs to future releases.

“The Accurakhazi”. Has a certain ring to it!

• Funny 9

40 minutes ago, matchmaker said:

I don't think so - they haven't even asked me for payment yet!

Me neither. I asked the other day and they hadn't had any stock yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

These coaches look great by night….

IMG_8740.jpeg.27261c7b3b999b6fe96fd7a41133b453.jpeg

i can almost smell the railtour passengers heading home from a day out….

The end end detail surpasses anything weve seem before in rolling stock, imo its better than Caroline and the Rapido dynanonmeter car..

IMG_8755.jpeg.5eda8f3e155b1207d81cdfe472322df8.jpeg

it quite simply looks like the real thing… right down to the carriage end dimensions plate, being raised and slightly different shade.

IMG_8759.jpeg.1ab8b9401ba489ec85215b394b6f8255.jpeg

i do have to ask did the downgraded firsts not have either a mirror, luggage racks (with a built in light ?) ? I know some mk2’s did, black leather I recall, but dont know which mk2’s it applied to specifically.. other than being non aircon… i wish i’d paid more attention to interiors at the time.

IMG_8753.jpeg.d0546161eba1f14a40080a47d431c371.jpeg

noted the power draw at 0.015amp, so a 10 coach train is looking at 0.15a (approx a loco in draw), the current is taken whether the lights are on or off, so assume its charging the capacitor.

very impressed, waiting hopefully for some leftovers to appear on sale

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

These coaches look great by night….

IMG_8740.jpeg.27261c7b3b999b6fe96fd7a41133b453.jpeg

i can almost smell the railtour passengers heading home from a day out….

The end end detail surpasses anything weve seem before in rolling stock, imo its better than Caroline and the Rapido dynanonmeter car..

IMG_8755.jpeg.5eda8f3e155b1207d81cdfe472322df8.jpeg

it quite simply looks like the real thing… right down to the carriage end dimensions plate, being raised and slightly different shade.

IMG_8759.jpeg.1ab8b9401ba489ec85215b394b6f8255.jpeg

i do have to ask did the downgraded firsts not have either a mirror, luggage racks (with a built in light ?) ? I know some mk2’s did, black leather I recall, but dont know which mk2’s it applied to specifically.. other than being non aircon… i wish i’d paid more attention to interiors at the time.

IMG_8753.jpeg.d0546161eba1f14a40080a47d431c371.jpeg

noted the power draw at 0.015amp, so a 10 coach train is looking at 0.15a (approx a loco in draw), the current is taken whether the lights are on or off, so assume its charging the capacitor.

very impressed, waiting hopefully for some leftovers to appear on sale

That gangway end is something else! right down to the little dotted markings (not aware of the technical term for these!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

That gangway end is something else! right down to the little dotted markings (not aware of the technical term for these!)

Yes, they've been making me realise just how absurdly toy-like some older offerings have been.  I'm looking forward to my rake arriving, more so than any loco I think 👍

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

The batsmen at Leadgate cricket club used to jest they could hit a ball to Tyne Dock when the railway for the steelworks ran by the ground.....some 15/20 miles away,by landing the ball in the empty train wagon if they timed it right The models on offer now are that far out the park,we have a lot to thank these guys for when you look at what was not so long back.Wonderful stuff from the modellers model makers.We all agree by the posts.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Signs of activity at Rails, large hole reported in bank account😎

Promising!  Nout for me yet, although whilst checking, I did end up getting tempted by the Freightliner 08 they've now got for £79 quid ha

Edited by Markn
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Signs of activity at Rails, large hole reported in bank account😎

Similar activity in the Camborne area, resulting in a hefty hit to my credit card... 

Now to patiently await delivery to Didcot...

• Like 2

Based on my experience having to remove the body to change the DCC chip in my NIR DBSO removing the body is absurdly easy compared to some other manufacturers.  I literally managed to pop off the body using my thumbnails to unclip from the chassis clips.  I imagine the BR models are just as easy to disentangle.  The lighting bar is fed by two copper prongs so no leads to unplug, Bachmann take note.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wombatofludham said:

Based on my experience having to remove the body to change the DCC chip in my NIR DBSO removing the body is absurdly easy compared to some other manufacturers.  I literally managed to pop off the body using my thumbnails to unclip from the chassis clips.  I imagine the BR models are just as easy to disentangle.  The lighting bar is fed by two copper prongs so no leads to unplug, Bachmann take note.

they are exactly the same - pry slightly apart and the chassis dropped out 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, WCML100 said:

The convex bumps on one coach match into the concave bumps on the next coach, helping to maintain corridor alignment for passenger comfort.

• Informative/Useful 1