Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

7 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

To be honest the 2d would be able to re-use a lot of the 2c underpinnings and interior so probably could come to market a bit quicker.  I wouldn't be surprised if the 2d will be announced just after the 2cs come to market.  It's not a low hanging fruit - it's a massive hoarding screaming "Hello Boys".

Having seen the 3d printed Mk2 seating and having used some easy to install lighting strips from China in other Mk2 coaches I will be happy to upgrade a couple of Bachmann Mk2a coaches to mix in with the Accurascale coaches using these components, the earlier Mk2a coaches were shorter than the 2b/c and the later marks were a somewhat different design so I would expect them to have a slight difference in look, whereas the existing Mk2d is older than the Railroad LMS coaches from Hornby so are overdue a new version.  

I've just finished making up my 2D rake, with one (Mainline) exception it's all Airfix. It took ages to get the TSOs due to their relative rarity. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

Interesting... although I don't follow what you've done. I'd be interested in seeing how you've got it working :)

Here is a link to a youtube video which I found and followed. The relevant bit is from about 7mins in. In my case I also removed the brake yokes (I plan to reinstate later on)

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

I've just finished making up my 2D rake, with one (Mainline) exception it's all Airfix. It took ages to get the TSOs due to their relative rarity. 

I bought quite a few TSOs.

Plus 2e 2f from BSOs

Triang 2s though i gave the later ones to boys and older ones are being extreme etchings.

2 hours ago, ChrisMitchell said:

Here is a link to a youtube video which I found and followed. The relevant bit is from about 7mins in. In my case I also removed the brake yokes (I plan to reinstate later on)

Chris

Thanks Chris.

A really good idea that a quick bodge of bending the electrical contacts would work. I'm going to try the same technique as my attempts aren't great. I assume the contacts have only been designed as contacts and don't prevent body rocking?

I tested the lighting on these yesterday evening. They stayed on for almost 5 minutes after cutting the power.

Ah, I wish I had ordered more of these NSE ones, they are really well above the Bachmann types.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

I tested the lighting on these yesterday evening. They stayed on for almost 5 minutes after cutting the power.

Ah, I wish I had ordered more of these NSE ones, they are really well above the Bachmann types.

You can probably still get them from an Accurascale stockists.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Just had a "back in stock" email from AS so there's some availability at the moment, check yer inboxes 

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly was just a single pack of the RTCs when I checked as soon as got the e-mail which went within 20 seconds 😩

Please, please, please Accurascale consider another run of these in due course(?)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's the two I bagged. I have some 2Cs on order more in keeping with NW England so I'll have a nice little rake. Looks like I'll be fitting some curtains soon!

DSCF1458.JPG.a60e8dba543f8e83ef9d2c0754d35b62.JPG

DSCF1456.JPG.aa7762223bd13674f1eb91a6f81b39d5.JPG

• Like 9

Well I just bought TSO, we will see as always with Accurascale products I have concern's of Detail verses Fragility, so whether I keep it or it ends up on a well know selling site, like the Deltics's remains to be seen. In fact I'm only considering it because the prices of Bachmann MK2 TSO's on the well known selling site are just stupid.

• Round of applause 1

9 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

Back in stock at Accurascale.  I’ve just bought a pair of TSOs in blue/grey to bolster my WR sets.  They were a bargain with the multi-coach discount.

I am well chuffed!

Same here, just got 6 blue ones from AS, discount and rewards are a bonus.

T-T

• Round of applause 1

8 hours ago, BR Blue said:

You can probably still get them from an Accurascale stockists.

Yes, I doubt most of the retailers have had a chance to sell out, at least partly because I have heard a number of grumbles because some still haven't had their deliveries!

Jon

Edited by jonhall

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jonhall said:

Yes, I doubt most of the retailers have shad a chance to sell out, at least partly because I have heard a number of grumbles because some still haven't had their deliveries!

Jon

It takes a little time to offload and dispatch two full containers but some stock only went on sale as all paid preorders and trade orders were away. 

Our goal since day 1 has been to work toward sustained stocking and we maintain that goal in partnership with our wonderful retailers. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, 40002 said:

Well I just bought TSO, we will see as always with Accurascale products I have concern's of Detail verses Fragility, so whether I keep it or it ends up on a well know selling site, like the Deltics's remains to be seen. In fact I'm only considering it because the prices of Bachmann MK2 TSO's on the well known selling site are just stupid.

After one evening of running them, I find these less fragile than the Deltic and Cement wagons. No bits have fallen off and they seem just as solid as the simpler Bachmann ones.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

It takes a little time to offload and dispatch two full containers but some stock only went on sale as all paid preorders and trade orders were away. 

Our goal since day 1 has been to work toward sustained stocking and we maintain that goal in partnership with our wonderful retailers. 

I'm still waiting on mine from a retailer, can only assume they don't have them. 

I understand that you use a fulfilment company to dispatch orders (which makes perfect sense when you're dealing with 2 full containers of stock), but if that is the case wouldn't it be sensible to up the staff for the period where these massive releases arrive and then keep a BAU level other times. Yes it might cost more, but not as much as unhappy customers and retails will cost you long term. Certainly the approach I've taken in previous roles where similar surges of orders were in place. Always worked well.

Your retailers are wonderful, but I can't help but feel this gives them a bad name when people see other people with their orders online and they don't get their orders. Ultimately customers will learn that if they want their models early just to order direct rather than through a retailer that might take months to get their allocation, or maybe that's the point. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, richscylla said:

I'm still waiting on mine from a retailer, can only assume they don't have them. 

I understand that you use a fulfilment company to dispatch orders (which makes perfect sense when you're dealing with 2 full containers of stock), but if that is the case wouldn't it be sensible to up the staff for the period where these massive releases arrive and then keep a BAU level other times. Yes it might cost more, but not as much as unhappy customers and retails will cost you long term. Certainly the approach I've taken in previous roles where similar surges of orders were in place. Always worked well.

Your retailers are wonderful, but I can't help but feel this gives them a bad name when people see other people with their orders online and they don't get their orders. Ultimately customers will learn that if they want their models early just to order direct rather than through a retailer that might take months to get their allocation, or maybe that's the point. 

All retailer orders have left us now, so if in doubt, I would recommend talking to your retailer. 

We bump from 5 pick and pack lanes to 10 when large preorders come in and it's something we are still working on with our logistics and fulfilment partners to improve. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to get all orders away at the same time, no matter how it's done, but the containers arrived about a week and a half ago and everyone has their orders and all the retailers too - so thats' not rather months of a delay, and it's something we are still working to improve.

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I ordered from a retailer this time, I'm happy to wait a few days more. Apparently DPD delivered some of his stock but still have some sitting in their warehouse waiting for them to get around to delivering them.

Edited by Haverail
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, McC said:

All retailer orders have left us now, so if in doubt, I would recommend talking to your retailer. 

We bump from 5 pick and pack lanes to 10 when large preorders come in and it's something we are still working on with our logistics and fulfilment partners to improve. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to get all orders away at the same time, no matter how it's done, but the containers arrived about a week and a half ago and everyone has their orders and all the retailers too - so thats' not rather months of a delay, and it's something we are still working to improve.

I will give them a call tomorrow. 

A little confused how people were getting theirs on Feb 24th if the containers arrived a week and a half ago, but hey ho. 

1 hour ago, richscylla said:

AS sold direct at first, then opened up to retailers after many requests from them, so why would AS try to make a point by delaying their allocation?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, richscylla said:

I will give them a call tomorrow. 

A little confused how people were getting theirs on Feb 24th if the containers arrived a week and a half ago, but hey ho. 

The Irish mk2’s were in their own container and the RTC packs came ahead. The accurascale mk2b containers finished count in on 14th March. No conspiracy, just large volume. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1