The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold

IMG_6764.jpeg.195f506360dffbadccbd8c572d6b64cb.jpeg
M34 finished (other than the weathering) really nice model to work with.  Seeing as they are a bit of a minefield (and of the two photos in Slin one has a later chassis/different door panelling and the other is branded for Camarthan).  I decided to stick with the same number that Accurascale modelled but rolled back to GWR condition 

IMG_6760.jpeg.96a98ad4a07b5b2fbed06a37e14732b0.jpeg

now with a grey roof 2780 may still get a renumber, but it will do for now.  They will join my siphon J, M13 and  a couple of kit built full brakes.

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

Hi,

Just asking on here in case anyone else is in the same situation rather than pestering Accurascale direct. My 3 - 2 Newspapers and the green Enparts - were ordered (and paid for) in March as part of a bigger pre-order with some Mark 2Cs and a Deltic. Does anyone know if the Siphons will be despatched separately now, or will I have to wait until the other items are available?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mikeyh

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, mikeyh said:

Hi,

Just asking on here in case anyone else is in the same situation rather than pestering Accurascale direct. My 3 - 2 Newspapers and the green Enparts - were ordered (and paid for) in March as part of a bigger pre-order with some Mark 2Cs and a Deltic. Does anyone know if the Siphons will be despatched separately now, or will I have to wait until the other items are available?

Thanks,

Mike

Wait by default otherwise nudge support and they’ll split the order for you 👍

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

My first two have arrived and I can only reiterate what has been said by others regarding how good these are. The sheer amount of fine detail there, none of which feels flimsy or at risk of falling off, is incredible.

I have another three on order and may have to add another two.

Another top job, well done.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Banger Blue said:

Yay, had notification today that my ENPARTS exclusive is on its way! 😁😁

It landed on my doorstep just after 0800 this morning! It is, as they say, the bees knees. I do like the little certificate as well, nice touch! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

My first two have arrived and I can only reiterate what has been said by others regarding how good these are. The sheer amount of fine detail there, none of which feels flimsy or at risk of falling off, is incredible.

I have another three on order and may have to add another two.

Another top job, well done.

Roy

They are getting further west, won't be long until they reach Nova Scotia!  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Mine arrived at noon today. Enparts livery. Very nice indeed. The level of detail is absolutely astounding. Everything attached and where it should be. The finesse and fidelity is just out of the park. 

Well done AS. Keep up the superb work. Just goes to show what CAN be achieved when manufacturers and designers work together. 

• Like 3

So I bought a second 033, a carmine red one to go with my maroon preorder. I actually prefer the carmine red. And I am looking forward to ordering a suitable (for my era) O62 in the next batch.

But my reason for posting is this. As I was removing the clam shell from the box a coupling hook pinged out - it must has worked loose in transit. Fortunately it hit something metal on my desk rather than simply looping through the air on to the carpet. And the rod attached to the brake lever is wonky because the support bracket on the opposite side is not secured. 

These are easy fixes (providing nothing gets lost). But what is the factory specification for this sort of thing? There is no evidence of glue - are they just a push fit? I certainly don't want excess glue spoiling things - but is there a risk that other things will just 'pop out' when trundling around a layout?

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Sorry Andy but not at even W yet 😪

Or "S" 

Have mailed Acc. and expressed my disappointment with their "treatment" of the people that ordered & paid when these were first announced in apparent deference to those that have ordered this week and got delivery by return of post 🙄.

I mean there are people that have repainted - dismembered - weathered (Why??) their Siphons before we've even had chance to sniff the parcel tape on the box ................................. 😉

Edited by Southernman46
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Or "S" 

Have mailed Acc. and expressed my disappointment with their "treatment" of the people that ordered & paid when these were first announced in apparent deference to those that have ordered this week and got delivery by return of post 🙄.

Really worth complaining about? I am in the same boat and accept that it takes times to process all orders. It seems people, like me, who ordered the Enparts  model have had to wait, perhaps there was an issue with that pallet?

Anyhow, it seems those are now being shipped. 

Roy

• Like 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Really worth complaining about?

Not from my point of view at least. The memes are just a bit of levity whilst I wait, patiently.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, DRoe96 said:

Well, my Carmine O.33 is Carmine no more. It has now received a heavy dose of weathering appropriate for the late 50s, my maroon O.59 will get a much lighter treatment sometime in the future.

The underframe detail really does lend itself to these low shots, although it just makes me want to build a layout on an embankment to admire it more!

20230526_175522_KoSRpMi984.jpeg.b4fdc4da635d94b7dafd29f48fee5591.jpeg20230526_175645_jPgsvdk14X.jpeg.8944a1c2c18bda1691df3dbf98fd6dc6.jpeg20230526_175923_6CmPI8vm55.jpeg.ceeb035ee31a858691edc0398436ff62.jpeg

My Lords! Now were talking. 

FSP16TwXsAUZrQ0.jpg

On 25/05/2023 at 12:30, VIA185 said:

Perils of old age! I ordered one last week, having forgotten that I placed an order a while back. So, two delivered today. You'd think, with all that choice, I might have accidentally ordered two different ones - but, no, i've bought two identical ones! (CJL)

At least you’re consistent with what appeals to you! 👍