Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

I'm trying to imagine what a A/Scale interpretation of a Peppercorn A1 (Tornado included) and A2 (Blue Peter) would be like ... but wrong thread anyway.

I've always liked 'the A1A' as I've always called them since my first when perhaps 10 years old - D5572 I think.

Endless fun pulling it apart and reassembling it - no idea why, I suppose simply 'because I could' !!

Al.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Hornby hasn’t produced the Thompson A2/1 and neither has Bachmann. 😇

or the Raven A2!!  No hints intended (much) Please!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Was going to resist buying an A/S 31 as I already have a Hornby one but seriously, seriously tempted now having seen the image of the blue one head-on, looks spot on. Hopefully I haven’t missed the boat already for a Green one. 

Have hinted up-thread already, but any chance we can have this as an Accurascale exclusive in run 2 please! 

1960 - Blue Brush on the East Side..

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NXEA! said:

Was going to resist buying an A/S 31 as I already have a Hornby one but seriously, seriously tempted now having seen the image of the blue one head-on, looks spot on. Hopefully I haven’t missed the boat already for a Green one. 

Have hinted up-thread already, but any chance we can have this as an Accurascale exclusive in run 2 please! 

That’d be an easy respray to do!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mophead45143 said:

Hornby probably won't notice until Accurascale do some LNER pacifics and Gresley coaches...

Gresley coaches ? Do you mean the end vestibule stock that no one has touched in RTR ?

All those bread and butter TO's that are just waiting to be measured/scanned, plus BTO's.

Just right for an as built Brush Type 2 to haul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NXEA! said:

An early shot. No blue star codes (on white dots) above the buffers, use of a single letter code in the headbox, and refreshingly clean. Nice one.

I got a shot of D5578 & D5579 double-heading a freight on the St.Ives loop once. Some idiot 'friend' from school then deliberately opened the back of my camera!

Edited by stewartingram
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

D5579 would be a must have, preferably with the yellow warning panel as I think it finishes things off quite nicely. 

Rob

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, stewartingram said:

An early shot. No blue star codes (on white dots) above the buffers, use of a single letter code in the headbox, and refreshingly clean. Nice one.

I got a shot of D5578 & D5579 double-heading a freight on the St.Ives loop once. Some idiot 'friend' from school then deliberately opened the back of my camera!

It does appear to have the blue stars, but they are almost the same blue.

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi Fran,

Looking forward to D5615 which I understand is coming soon. How were you able to get sounds for the Class 30’s which you showed last week?

Thanks Fred

Question for the A/S team - will the DC versions come with the Accurathrash speaker already in-situ, or if upgrading to sound later down the line do you need to buy a speaker with the chip and fit? I’ve seen videos of fitting a speaker and chip to the 37 which is a doddle but just wanted to check if it was the same set-up or not. Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, NXEA! said:

Question for the A/S team - will the DC versions come with the Accurathrash speaker already in-situ, or if upgrading to sound later down the line do you need to buy a speaker with the chip and fit? I’ve seen videos of fitting a speaker and chip to the 37 which is a doddle but just wanted to check if it was the same set-up or not. Thanks! 

I think they come with a basic speaker installed, but the Accuthrash is extra (at least that’s the way it worked for my Deltic)

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

And for those of us with a 30 on order, I expect the sound decoder / speaker will become available shortly afterwards?

image.png.87247ed1c0cca4693afd3acb7ee98e61.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 17/05/2024 at 20:19, NXEA! said:

On 17/05/2024 at 21:08, philg said:

I think they come with a basic speaker installed, but the Accuthrash is extra (at least that’s the way it worked for my Deltic)

That would be my interpretation too Phil. I resisted a split headcode 37 for a while but eventually gave in to the A/s flyers and decided on D6702, but no sound fitted ones available. So I did the DIY thing and ordered decoder speaker and clips and "self fitted" !!

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Covkid said:

That would be my interpretation too Phil. I resisted a split headcode 37 for a while but eventually gave in to the A/s flyers and decided on D6702, but no sound fitted ones available. So I did the DIY thing and ordered decoder speaker and clips and "self fitted" !!

We will be offering a 30 upgrade pack shortly which will provide the decoder and speaker for easy self fit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Preorder now in for D5549, courtesy of Rails, those pictures up-thread of the BR Blue one sold me. Really excited, will be my first Accurascale model unless the Buckjumper somehow arrives first. Can’t wait! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

No point.  Haven't got my 30s yet - so can't start the driver training for a wee while longer.

TBH, I wouldn't want my guys galivanting around in their own clothing - need to be 'sized up' ready to go on my line!!

Al.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Derek,

We will have a full update ahead of the DEMU show in a couple of weeks bringing everyone up to date. All I can say right now is that things are going very well on our 31s. We of course need to be mindful of competition here at the moment, which I'm sure many can apprecaite.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2