Highland Railway 'Jones Goods' 4-6-0 in 00

rapidoandy

• AY Mod locked and unlocked this topic
  • Moderators

We recently had chance to look over the 3D print which was run as a testbed to check the wheel and motion clearances and undoubtedly this will be a very attractive model for many, irrespective of where they model. Ignore the cracks in the drivers!

Rapido_Jones_Goods_1.jpg

Rapido_Jones_Goods_2.jpg

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

Three cheers for another Scottish pre-grouping model!  A lovely choice and happy to see Rapido giving me another reason to open the wallet, certainly the highlight of the MRS related announcements.

While I don't have any record to hand of it visiting, the preserved yellow version will add a bit of colour to my late BR scenes at Dunfermline.  Just grand.

• Like 8

I'd been expecting to see the Big Goods turn up for a while now but for some reason didn't expect Rapido to choose it, I'm certainly not disappointed though. I'll definitely be picking one of these up, probably the Drummond green livery. One livery that does seem missing is one of the variations of plain green applied between 1902 and 1922, but I'm sure it'd be an option in a later batch if there was enough intrest. Would also love to see more Highland locos RTR but I won't be getting my hopes up too soon, given this is the only preserved example.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rapido on this announcement!

Within (what was) The Annual 00 Wishlist Poll, the loco was Middle Polling until 2018 when it climbed into High Polling and stayed there in 2019.

All the best for the project!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I thought my quota for gorgeous Scottish locos was filled with my Caley 828 that arrived yesterday. 

Looks like it's going to have a Highland shed mate! 

As much I like the green version, I made the logical choice (for me) of the preserved example, in that rather unique yellow.

Echoing other's comments and joining the bandwagon - if this is the start of a line of pre-grouping Scottish locos encompassing the Glasgow collection and Caley 419, I think you'd be making a lot of people happy. 

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Wow . Blew my socks off with this one . Great news  . Yes I want !  I even forgive you the video - shades of Russ Abbott . See you Rapido 

Only problem now is which version . Tending towards the early LMS black , but Highland Railway green also tempting 

Well done . 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

This is something I've been hoping for, yet scarcely thought possible in RTR until recently. And the same chassis will enable Rapido to bring out a HR Castle Class once this is the success it deserves to be. 

Can we have the GNoSR "Sojer" next please?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

While not something I'm interested in, I admire you for going against the tiresome "if it didn't last till BR it won't be viable" narrative. 

Worked in BR days so that viewpoint is invalid. Even video/film footage of it on BR trains.

I'll repeat it if you want. "If it didn't last until BR it's not viable". Notice the coaches? 

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7006/6835359621_62247edff1_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/7833/46989207002_22d6c8d580_b.jpg

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Worked in BR days so that viewpoint is invalid. Even video/film footage of it on BR trains.

I'll repeat it if you want. "If it didn't last until BR it's not viable". Notice the coaches? 

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7006/6835359621_62247edff1_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/7833/46989207002_22d6c8d580_b.jpg

Jason

Fair point Jason, but that’s as preserved of course . I think what Green Giraffe meant was no BR emblem 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3