Highland Railway 'Jones Goods' 4-6-0 in 00

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Ian M. said:

Rapido,  can you confirm no buffer beam numbering on the Jones Green? Any photo evidence?

I confirmed it here:

On 17/02/2024 at 21:04, RapidoCorbs said:

Yes that's correct, Mr. Jones didn't seem to go in for branding (no bufferbeam numbers and no H.R on the tender). Drummond took over in 1896 and the elaborate white-black-white lining was applied until 1902 when the HR seemed to run out of money for paint and seemingly everything was painted plain green.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian M. said:

Rapido,  can you confirm no buffer beam numbering on the Jones Green? Any photo evidence?

7 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

I confirmed it here:

Also see the aforementioned books, 'Highland Railway Liveries' by Howard Geddes and 'The Liveries of the Pre-Grouping Railways Volume Three' by Nigel Digby.

- James

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, drt7uk said:

Hi @RapidoCorbs - you'd previously indicated that you might include the front footplates as an optional accessory, is that still on the cards? thank you

The front portion of the frames with the guard irons? If so yes the intention is to have these in the polybag.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/02/2024 at 18:31, RapidoCorbs said:

The front portion of the frames with the guard irons? If so yes the intention is to have these in the polybag.

That's the one excuse my ignorance. Nice one, thank you :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Caledonian said:

Now that the [very] pretty coloured ones have arrived for checking and showing off, is there a closing date yet for pre-ordering ?

The order book has closed but if anyone still has pre-ordering open on their shop then you should still be able to place one - we still have 'extras' available direct too.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 08:34, RapidoCorbs said:

Here is 103 (the preserved one) in Jones green showing the bufferbeam.

The Am Baile site is a fantastic resource for Scottish railways.

103JonesLivery2.jpg.f531ba870adf311bda69b87670d18311.jpg

Just noticed this also shows the lighter coloured balance weights on the wheels

- James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RapidoCorbs said:

The order book has closed but if anyone still has pre-ordering open on their shop then you should still be able to place one - we still have 'extras' available direct too.

Just tried that and got this:

"We cannot add this product to your current cart as it will ship at a different time than the item in the cart. Please order these items seperately. We apologise for the inconvenience."

[I currently have four Caledonian vans in my cart - do I clear them out and start again?]

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Caledonian said:

Just tried that and got this:

"We cannot add this product to your current cart as it will ship at a different time than the item in the cart. Please order these items seperately. We apologise for the inconvenience."

[I currently have four Caledonian vans in my cart - do I clear them out and start again?]

Ah yes - if you place the order for the Caley vans, then the loco, it should go through.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Looks splendid, pity about the B Set hanging on the back. Look forward to something more appropriate 😁

I was more concerned by the South Western coos at the start.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

Looks splendid, pity about the B Set hanging on the back. Look forward to something more appropriate 😁

That is not a B set as the first coach does not have a brake compartment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

That is not a B set as the first coach does not have a brake compartment.

BR suburbans, aren't they? With M prefix. I thought they were an Accurascale thing? Bachmann have done them too but these don't have the over-prominent roof ribs of those. Might be kits of course - there was or is a firm that did these in plastic but I've forgotten the name.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Are we going to do a "Titfield" with this one, and have some extras from "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines?

A correct scale Avro Triplane IV complete with Sir Percy Ware-Armitage figure would be a nice addition 😉

AFAIK a 1/72 Triplane kit was done many years ago, but they're like hens teeth now.

• Like 3

I hadn't realised, until seeing the photo of the painted samples from the rear doing the rounds on social media, that the rear bufferbeams of the Jones and Drummond examples were green and lined as if they were panels on the body proper (I did check the literature and there is a lovely painting by Arthur Wolstenholme that shows this on the Jones livery). 

- James

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/02/2024 at 11:03, Caledonian said:

We couldn't lay our hands on any corridor Mk1s that morning ;)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/02/2024 at 13:09, Compound2632 said:

BR suburbans, aren't they? With M prefix. I thought they were an Accurascale thing? Bachmann have done them too but these don't have the over-prominent roof ribs of those. Might be kits of course - there was or is a firm that did these in plastic but I've forgotten the name.

Look like the Replica Railways version of the MK1 suburban to me

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 24/02/2024 at 13:09, Compound2632 said:

DC Kits.

ISTR at the time they were the only manufacturer that made the full set. Both Bachmann and Comet had missing vehicles.

Jason

• Like 1