MRJ 291

micknich2003

• RMweb Premium
On 08/09/2022 at 14:37, Not Jeremy said:

I have them here in BA1 7DE caller, but I guess that isn't what you were asking.....

Thank you kindly sir, I knows where to find you!  I've still not had me subs copy, it would be my second edition after renewing my subs, so I know I'm in date.  I shall have to find something else to look at pictures in for the meantime.

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Thank you kindly sir, I knows where to find you!  I've still not had me subs copy (and my postie is a scab btw).  It would be my second edition after renewing my subs, so I know I'm in date.  I shall have to find something else to look at pictures in for the meantime.

Also still waiting and I suspect I am not too far from you...

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Zero Gravitas said:

if it’s any consolation, mine arrived today - so they are gradually getting through…

Mine too, perhaps it's the 'Z' in Penzance, if the steady drip of distributing MRJ is alpha-numeric 🤓 
(BRM was in the letter box too, but no RM, though that is available in Sainsbury's - all by Subscription, originally due to Covid lockdown).

• RMweb Gold

For what it's worth, at least one person at today's show in Swindon reported not yet having received their subscription copies.

Gosh, could I have used any more words to make that simple point?

Towns other than Swindon are available in Wiltshire, although I have to say that the Jewel In The Crown Indian restaurant in the town of that name was most satisfactory..... 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Mine arrived today in OX14.

I did note the advert for the latest MRJ index. Unusually it appears to cover 12 issues rather than the usual eight. No matter, saves money getting them bound in 12s rather than 8s!

Edited by Arun Sharma
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Pannier Tank said:

Still waiting for mine! 😞

33 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Sorry to upset you all but mine arrived (from British Railway Books) today.

I hope mine turns up soon.  I think this will be the last time I take out a subscription, as it appears to be available everywhere else except through my letter box 🤣 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

In order to save the trip down the road to WHS locally instead I drove all the way to Swindon.  And found that there - at a certain 'Festival of Steam'  - there was a well know purveyor of railway books who had travelled all the way from Bath with a selection of stock which included MRJ;  ideal thank you 'Not Jeremy'.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

I hope mine turns up soon.  I think this will be the last time I take out a subscription, as it appears to be available everywhere else except through my letter box 🤣 

My subscription copy arrived on Monday. While the Royal Mail may have exacerbated the delay, it isn't unusual for MRJ to be available from WHS, etc. before my copy turns up. It is especially disappointing when there is a long delay under normal circumstances, having paid in advance and supported Cygnet Magazines cashflow.

• Agree 1

My subscription copy arrived this morning, in Hemel Hempstead.

This was a relief as plan B is not feasible as they have closed the local W H Smiths. A trip to St Albans is the alternative now.

Another subscription magazine arrived at the same time, this one being 6 days after publication day. It has never been late before so I presume the strikes, mourning and everything else is causing extraordinary delays.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, D5158 said:

My copy of Great Western Model Railway Journal 291 arrived here in Canada yesterday courtesy of Newsstand UK.

There was only a smidgen that I noticed to be fair.  I think what you haven't pointed out is the lack of any article about the LSWR in Cornwall in 1883.

I've only done a quick flick through but it looks to be a splendid edition with a trainset or two and people bending shiny metal into train shapes.

Top stuff (and we'll worth the wait... honest).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today! Along with my Pines Express 306: The Bulletin of the Somerset & Dorset Railway Trust. Hopefully I'll get some quality reading time this weekend.

Kind regards,

Iain

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Is anyone else in the UK still waiting for 291 - I see copies have made it around the world in both directions but not to me in the West Country?

Chris H

Mine arrived last Thursday in Radstock, BA3.

I suspect it knows exactly what it's up to and is just trying your patience, as these things tend to do.

Hope it turns up soon chap 👍

• Thanks 1