New loco announcement 12:00 Friday 28th October

Legend

• RMweb Premium

An E4 would be nice - some worked the Darlington to Penrith line (near Shildon…) in the 1930s so appeals to NER as well as GER modellers, although they’d need cab modifications.

Be even nicer if produced in N.

Failing an E4 I’d go for a full set of Raven Pacific’s (should have been preserved but weren’t) or NER No.13 if non-steam traction is preferred.

If I say this enough on every thread about loco announcements one day it’ll come true!  

RichardT

PS Irony.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Personally, I hope its not another bloody loco, we need things for the myriad of existing ones we've got to pull.

Mike.

There is one of these in the National Collection - is that what you have in mind?😄

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Dandy_Cart_(6683821221).jpg

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Given Rails says "new loco announcement" I would prepare yourself for disappointment.

Well it is a form of traction isn't it.  Just right to go with A/S chaldron wagons

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Rails plus Heljan - I wouldn't concern your too much, about what it is, but how it turns out......

if 18000 is anything to go by, anything with a turning circle less than an aircraft carrier would be nice. 

DRS 33's with the correct shade of blue..... 

NER thing, gaps in the printing...... 

And with there prices recently going up to £200+ for the likes of Class 07,14 and 33.... Its going to be towards the top end of the price spectrum. 

Whatever it is...... I have managed without it for 40+ years......

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised that after all these years no-one has done Gladstone. I would love to see the Midland Spinner done but honestly I'd prefer Bachmann or Rapido to do that one.

Since it's Heljan and they have form with AC Electrics, (and I love the new 86) I'm really really hoping it's the 84.

If it turns out to be Heljan that is doing this mystical new HST I can see an NRM double pack of 43002 and 43102 and it's not too much of a stretch to see them do the prototypes since they will have the chassis and mechanism done already.

Cheers,

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

One should not forget that the 'National Collection' Locomotives might well include the thousands of models in the Model Railway Collection in that 'Hall of amazement' along with all the other gubbins lurking at Shildon and in Cupboards..

There you go; could be anything you can think of.

However there could well be a sudden burst of enthusiasm for shunting layouts based on Trafalgar Yard and Quayside (Newcastle) or, for the more enthusiastic, Heaton Depot.

I read this on Face Book so it must be correct.

Karen.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1