Bachmann Winter 2022 Announcements

AY Mod

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I thought it FTG originally, made by DJM then found its way to Kernow and now EFE ?

Didn't he who shall not be named do the tooling for FTG?

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Me too, or at least one of each.

Lots of 37s & 47s around at the moment, plus LEs in Cornwall (6 so far, which would cost you nearly £1500 without sound for one of each!) They will be hoping to see some of those clear first before adding more!  Otherwise they will become the 21st Century 'Lima' .  Wouldn't say no to a £19.99 bonanza tho! The longer they wait, the more the price will go up too! 

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Lots of steamers in OO, surprised at such a lot of liveries in 1 go. 

Ive still got my 7684 from original release in 1991, paid £32.95, replaced its axles for £2 around 5 years ago… probably around same time I took those class 158 photographs.

Ive still got my WYPTE 158 one from that time too.

Edited by adb968008

Will certainly get the WYPTE 158. They did venture quite a distance outside of West Yorkshire. Recall potentially late 92 one running from Wakefield Westgate to Holyhead. Also a few years later on more than a single occasion they worked Man Airport to Cleethorpes. They did get around at times.

9 hours ago, AY Mod said:

31-498 OO Class 158 2-Car DMU 158729 ScotRail Saltire £329.95
31-498SF OO Class 158 2-Car DMU 158729 ScotRail Saltire £429.95

31-498-2.jpg

Would have liked a Northern one, but the fact they tooled the lighting mods at least gives me hope given they are the only other operator with these lighting mods AFAIK (SR did the mods, Northern got them after?)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

When you could get a 158 for about £45.....we are showing our ages now! 

I bought a second hand as new condition Scotrail branded Express livery one from Hattons last week for £82.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Would have liked a Northern one, but the fact they tooled the lighting mods at least gives me hope given they are the only other operator with these lighting mods AFAIK (SR did the mods, Northern got them after?)

Looks like Northern has a mix…

Class 158 158759 | Northern | Carlisle

(Flickr url / not mine)

Northern Rail Class 158 158782 - Chesterfield

(Flickr url / not mine)

though scottish ones have ploughs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

They do. The ones with the lighting mods originated with ScotRail as far as I am aware. The ones without came from elsewhere.

They had glass in the centre doors too in early days.

39740E40-56C3-4FE3-B49D-35D37FD8308B.jpeg.ebce8b19122e3b499b916caad7c28718.jpeg

Sometime 27- 30th December 1990, Perth.

Praise the Lord. Bachmann are hopefully through their retooled diesel phase for a while. Does that mean some steam models will get retooled or we might get some new models. I had begun to label Bachmann as a modern image manufacturer. Am glad I will have to rethink that. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, ndg910 said:

Praise the Lord. Bachmann are hopefully through their retooled diesel phase for a while. Does that mean some steam models will get retooled or we might get some new models. I had begun to label Bachmann as a modern image manufacturer. Am glad I will have to rethink that. 

J72, 94xx, 1P, Caley Goods, LNWR Precedent, H1, H2….

my guess is they are following the £, a lot of steam ends up discounted in recent years.

I admit a retool of the original Royal Scot would be nice, however that too imo seemed to hang around, and it was old. Things like a Stanier 2-6-2T, and an LYR 0-6-0 would be very interesting, its not that steam is ignored, its the LMS thats been ignored by all companies of late, ER, GW and SR have been served to excess.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 4

49 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

They do. The ones with the lighting mods originated with ScotRail as far as I am aware. The ones without came from elsewhere.

cascaded after the E&G was electrified and the 385s where in service. We just need a 170 in saltire with working BSI for modelling the peak services.... that or it will be another 158 in the new year. Seems a waste to have them and not use them or that's my excuse at least! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One thing I keep waiting for in these announcements is a re run of the Polybulk wagons. IIRC there was only ever one run of these and then they disappeared into the ether.

Has the tooling gone missing / damaged ? With the new "full fat" 47375 a run of these would, I would have thought, been a a good seller.

I emailed Bachmann a few years back and was told "no plans"

Any thoughts or better knowledge? 

Thanks

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, virginhst539 said:

cascaded after the E&G was electrified and the 385s where in service. We just need a 170 in saltire with working BSI for modelling the peak services.... that or it will be another 158 in the new year. Seems a waste to have them and not use them or that's my excuse at least! 

Bird in the hand etc…

The Saltaire 158 is coming… the Saltaire 170 is long gone.. prices on ebay for a good one are very high, who knows if more of them will ever follow. Realtrack would do more Saltaire 156’s would be my guess, but they seem busy with other versions currently.

As things like a Scotrail EMU are unlikely and the HST is done, I think this is your only hope for a while to pose along side new mk5 sleepers.

I will say though with 156/158/170/HST, plus Azuma, Mk5’s (and LNER HST) Scottish highlands is one of the few areas of the UKs contemporary modern scene to be really well catered for in passenger stock… its pretty well served for freight too with logs,  containers, ECC, sliding door vans etc….

Almost certainly next year you will be able to drop in a mk3 Scr pushpull set with 47/7 too and still be uptodate… just need someone at LSL to get interested in McRats.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

As things like a Scotrail EMU are unlikely

I think we will see a Scotrail livery EMU in OO at some point. think it's safe to rule out the 380 and 385s as the scope is very limited for them but a 320,321,322, 314 and 318 could appear as they cover a much larger range in terms of livery and operators. 

As for the 170 I could have sworn they were working on a new tooling for them before they moved to the quarterly product drops. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Volume 2 of Weddell includes a statement that, when these coaches were formed in 4-sets, only two vehicles carried dynamos "sometimes the brake thirds and sometimes the two composites", which suggests that not all sets were formed BTL+TL+CL+BTL in LSWR days at least.

There is also one photo of a BTL (in SR livery) that shows the definite absence of a dynamo, so the Trio-C system may have been perpetuated when these became 3-sets. To be absolutely certain of the exact arrangement, one would need contemporaneous pictures of both the brakes in a given set.

John

I've been working on my OCD about Coaches and as I do not knowingly remember seeing these, I won't fret about those glitches. However John, what is your excuse for having a Set 'down your way'? I'm struggling to think of an excuse for Seaton Junction, but thinking maybe late 50s and a Red Set is a possiblity on a Scouts' Special (got a puc of a T9 on one of those around that time). Waddya reckon?  

I've already decided that maybe a Dub Dee, rather than a 9F (as I have two of those for actually identified workings), on a diverted WR Goods. However there maybe a glut of older ones coming on stream now?

Phil

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive still got my 7684 from original release in 1991, paid £32.95, replaced its axles for £2 around 5 years ago… probably around same time I took those class 158 photographs.

Where was 7684 based at this time?  1946-48?  Cant see any matrkings on the bufferbeam.