Forum issues.

• RMweb Premium

Hi again Andy

Another thing I have spotted (just), is that on manufacturers pages e.g. Hornby, Accuracsale etc.  there are blanks about every 5 sub-topics where it looks like and ad is supposed to be placed.

This is all Win 10/Firefox, not tried on Android or Win 11.

EDIT

ADs just re-appeared at bottom in the blank space (all Warners)

Edited by melmerby
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to be joining the throng, but I'm getting ads (various products banner at bottom of screen) and visible topic screen only about 2/3 of normal page width due to presence of 'Top poster' ids and stats.

My RMWeb Premium membership is confirmed at the foot of the page, Laptop running Windows 10 and using M/S Edge.

Regards,

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I did jump in too quickly earlier, I couldn't see the extent of the issue being caused.

I'm still wondering how long 'an hour' is.

We feel your pain. However this thread is great as it meant I found out quickly there was an issue and its known about and being worked on. What a couple of days you have had.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I did jump in too quickly earlier, I couldn't see the extent of the issue being caused.

A well known fact is that an IT hour is the most flexible item known to man.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Obviously more than 10 times, mere mortals expect them to be! I'm sure that sometime in the future, your IT 'professionals' will fix it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Hang on; why are you getting ads? You're Premium.

Check which Theme you're running from the dropdown at the bottom of the page.

I've got the same problem today, Andy. Definitely running premium theme. A mix of Digitrains, Digitrains, Digitrains and some random Australian businesses (oh, and did I mention Digitrains?).

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Opened the site, found ads everywhere, no no sign of a Premium theme and tried to locate this topic to comment. 

Found I had been logged out by the site which is unusual. 

Logged in and still have yesterday’s issues. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to add to your Woes @AY Mod. I have just been updating my Henley-on-Thames page with text and photos.

In uploading the photos, when I click "insert" it shoots up to the top of the page - on the second attempt, it inserts. This also happens when you click "update" shoots to the top and is ok on the 2nd attempt.

I don't have adverts - phew!

But I do have the rather odd formatting that others have spoken about yesterday.

Have a good day, Neal.

PS: This post was added ok - no shooting to the top. Is it just photos that affects this? 

I am using safari on my Mac.

Edited by Neal Ball
PS added
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning....

Sadly, no. I've been adding posts to a couple of threads. One with a quoted photo and one with no photo. Both whizzed to the top of the page. I thought it was my sausage fingers. Perhaps not, this time. 

Rob

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

This trial advert placing malarky seems to be having a lot of un-intended side effects. For the last few weeks I've found I've gone back to having to sign in twice, getting the 'Euston we have a prob...' message which had gone away until then. 

I'm also now having the issue that posts I make aren't 'posting'. This is the second one I've had to do twice having just seemed to disappear after posting.

All this must be driving Andy mad let alone us.....

Bob

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Sorry to add to your Woes @AY Mod. I have just been updating my Henley-on-Thames page with text and photos.

In uploading the photos, when I click "insert" it shoots up to the top of the page - on the second attempt, it inserts. This also happens when you click "update" shoots to the top and is ok on the 2nd attempt.

I don't have adverts - phew!

But I do have the rather odd formatting that others have spoken about yesterday.

Have a good day, Neal.

PS: This post was added ok - no shooting to the top. Is it just photos that affects this? 

I am using safari on my Mac.

I also have the problem of it shooting to the top when I submit a reply or even rate a post.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Who'd have Andy's job, eh!

Battling with IT Crowd that just seem to exist to *&^% things up.  We pay to get rid of adverts, which was most appreciated, and what do they do?  Put (*&^%$£ adverts on Premium.  Poor Digitrains too, they'll probably get flak....

Good luck Andy, we're behind you to punt these jokers out of the system.  They get handsomely paid too, no doubt.

• Agree 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

No adverts on Premium, but if my browser window is much more than 950 pixels wide I get a panel down the right hand side telling me the number of posts in the thread together with top posters and popular posts.

Bit frustrating when I paid to get more screen space given over to modelling content. Probably less frustrating than trying to deal with IT/software engineers who appear unable to create duplicate themes for testing before rolling out changes.

Steven B.

PS. Clicking Submit reply once takes me to the top of the page, clicking once or twice more actually submits the posting!

Edited by Steven B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On a samsung tablet i've got 40% of the sidevofvthe wcreen taken up by a blank ad and the side bar giving stats and recent posts.  Also if I open up a pm it is displayed in a vertical bar 1cl letter wide.  Also a blank digitrains advert appears randomley as a reply in some threads.

Good luck Andy.

Jamie

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Guest Jack Benson

Sirs,

Am I alone in seeing half a page, reduced options on the tool bar and constant ads despite being a premium member?

Not a whinge, just worried that it is only confined to my iPad.

Thanks

StaySafe

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Sirs,

Am I alone in seeing half a page, reduced options on the tool bar and constant ads despite being a premium member?

Not a whinge, just worried that it is only confined to my iPad.

Thanks

StaySafe

No its affecting Pcs too with an ad banner over an amount of the bottom and pop ups

• Like 1