Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 50, By Accurascale

On 25/12/2022 at 22:24, zoomer1979 said:

I'm wondering if the Accurascale team have been able to source a decent recording of the quite different unrefurbished sounds of the class, as from what I've heard from archive footage they were very "Hoovery" to begin with. Good luck guys.

Neil.

Giving this a bump as I have found some excellent recordings from the late Alan Vitty collection of audio tapes that have been cleaned up and published on YouTube by Tom. These make it very clear how different the 50s used to sound, particularly stationary and low speeds. I hope there is a separate unrefurbished sound chip being developed to reflect this. @Accurascale Fran @McC

Neil.

Edited by zoomer1979
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

15 hours ago, zoomer1979 said:

Giving this a bump as I have found some excellent recordings from the late Alan Vitty collection of audio tapes that have been cleaned up and published on YouTube by Tom. These make it very clear how different the 50s used to sound, particularly stationary and low speeds. I hope there is a separate unrefurbished sound chip being developed to reflect this.

Neil.

Thanks for this - I had this tape as a kid so will deffo look it up. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Do the doors open?  😄

Here's one for you ... if you access the chip by removing a roof section, why not make that the generator access, open it to reveal as well as the chip, the generator itself (moulded over the motor / driveshafts, etc)?

Al.

Those look very good indeed. One of them will be D400/50050 (handrails missing).  Hopefully the unique handrail arrangement on 50006 will have been captured by the Accurascale team?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, csvt2004 said:

Those look very good indeed. One of them will be D400/50050 (handrails missing).  Hopefully the unique handrail arrangement on 50006 will have been captured by the Accurascale team?

Hi @csvt2004,

It certainly will, as per the livery diagram...

IMG_8818.jpg.db56c83b8d2e2fedc33f04ee8a905f4c.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

These look amazing I like the etched steps on the front. Accurascale are raising the bar yet again. 

I love the multiple working jumper cables on the front they look fantastic. Any chance of selling them individually as they would be good for models of class 86 and 87 and all first gen EMUs 

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, darrel said:

These look amazing I like the etched steps on the front. Accurascale are raising the bar yet again. 

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.24.05.png

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

Are you guys doing unreburbished versions? Can we expect to see an engineering sample for the Unreburbished versions if your making them?

What diameter are the OO wheels, and what diameter are the P4 replacement wheels?

Regards

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, ClikC said:

Are you guys doing unreburbished versions? Can we expect to see an engineering sample for the Unreburbished versions if your making them?

What diameter are the OO wheels, and what diameter are the P4 replacement wheels?

Regards

We showed off a partly assembled in refurbished body at Ally Pally earlier this year along with a selection of other bodies and parts

OO wheels are 12.83mm, P4 wheels are 14.33mm and come with adjustable ride height mount

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I definitely feel that you have captured the look and presence of these locos very well.

As I have mentioned previously I am waiting for a batch of pre-refurb locos with amended roof details which you have stated will be produced in due course. Suffice to say that I will be buying a fair few, probably at least five, when they become available to pre-order. Plus a dark Network liveried one as well.

Many thanks for taking the plunge and making this excellent model available for us.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

50020 from Rails matches the livery in the photo

50021 has an orange cantrail stripe, so similar but different. This puts in later in the 80s.

50014 has an orange cantrail stripe and a black roof so is quite different.

I am waiting for a revised light blue NSE without the upsweeps. I am sure there will be one in due course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ClikC said:

Are you guys doing unreburbished versions?

I wondering if I'm one of Accurascale most unlucky customers... I'm waiting for:

- unrefurbished Class 50, BR Blue, WR named, proper dominos (not plated as per 50011 etc.)

- Class 55, Two-tone green, SYP with battery louvres, bufferbeam horns 

- Class 37, BR blue, TOPS number, centre headcode, dominos

- Mk2B TSO, WR B/G, Inter-City branded, 50-50 smoking/non, early OHL flashes

- 31135 BR blue with extended yellow around cab side windows (yes, I accept that's a one-off)

Plenty to keep me going in the meantime, but please Accurascale not too long a wait...

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 3