Little Trains & Big Names with Pete Waterman

montyburns56

I've just seen this advertised on C4 which looks like it is going to be about celebrity railway modellers as the trailer featured Jools Holland. Oddly enough there seems to be no information about it on the internet apart from a Tweet by Pete Waterman, but I think that it may actually be on More4 at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

So unless AY and Phil P are included we have to presume that the 'Big Names' are probably connected with the world of what was once described in court as 'a popular beat combo'm'lud'😇

We have no musical ability or other claims to fame* so are not worthy. 😇

* Apart from some oddball things you'd drop into a pub conversation.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Celebrity Little Train Brother -  big name personalities have to build layouts while being filmed 24/7, advised by armchair modellers, who'll pummel them with rucksacks. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

8 minutes ago, 2mmMark said:

Celebrity Little Train Brother -  big name personalities have to build layouts while being filmed 24/7, advised by armchair modellers, who'll pummel them with rucksacks. 

you mean ‘Great British Celebrity Little Train Brother’ to give it its full title?  Just need to decide who will host it…

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Littlethorpe said:

Surprisingly excellent & informative program.

Yes it was and presented by a railway modeller instead of tbe usual uninformed journalists made it a 'proper' programme. The mix of model railways with other (but related) items made for a good balance.

• Agree 7

That was a very positive hour. Far from the usual 'take' on  model railways with its strong historical and biographical elements. And as has been said well introduced by Pete instead of the usual semi interested professional celebrity or man-boy. I just wish they wouldn't introduce every restart after the adverts with a repeat of what was on a few minutes before - but that is a complaint about all these reality programmes; just time wasting. There was so much to that modelling that every minute could have been spent looking at it in more detail. Some lovely cameos - good job it went out after 21.00. 

If you haven't watched it do catch up, completely different to most of the numerous railway TV programmes. 

Paul

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

I enjoyed it a lot, as did the Divine Mrs M. In tone, it was quite similar to the programme where Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimore go fishing with a guest: it's some old blokes who are at ease with themselves chunnering about something that makes them happy. 

Edited by Jim Martin
  • Like 9
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I was expecting it to be pretty good with a combination of Pete Waterman and Jools Holland both of whom have come over in the past as committed modellers but with more to things than that.  And it was excellent - a cleverly put together mixture of various things and an illustrated explanation of why some people model particular places or things all  brillianttly explained and illustrated.  A great start to the series (and a pity that we won't be seeing Rod Stewart in it).

PS What I took from the trails to be Eddie Izzard's layout looked remarkably like one we have seen in the past in another tv series being constructed 'for a customer'.  It's going to be interesting to hear all about that one

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I enjoyed it as well. I must admit when I saw it in the mags, I thought Jools Holland's layout was a bit of a dog's dinner, but seeing it moving, with his explanation of how it all relates to his personal experiences, the UK and European influences, made me warm to it immensely. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 10