Hornby new 2023 Range “announced” in the February 2023 Railway Modeller

Darius43

3 minutes ago, AyJay said:

Gimme a train with guns-n-rockets!  Or I'll send the boys in.

Orcs 001.jpg

I don't think SK has the "passion" to re-animate the Battle Space! range...

Not even the Turbo Car!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, spamcan61 said:

So that's Hornby Magazine, by a country mile; Railway Modeller and 'a major retailer'  spilling the beans early. Plenty of advanced practise for my 'nothing in it for me' post ;-)

I may have misunderstood the headlines but I thought it was all Prince Harrys fault because his book was published in Spanish 5 days early  revealing full details of the Hornby 23 Program . Williams apparently furious.  I think there was a major bust up involving a dog bowl as William thought Harry should only have a Class 37 named after him while he had a class 47. 

I like keeping up with the news ! 

I think the list has been out in another forum since Thursday 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Hroth said:

My subscription dead tree Hornby mag hasn't arrived yet, and I don't take the digi one so I'm honourably waiting for tomorrow, when I can say "Nothing there/too expensive for me!"...

Digital version isn’t out yet, either. Publication date is 11th this month, as opposed to the usual first Thursday of the month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I don't think SK has the "passion" to re-animate the Battle Space! range...

Not even the Turbo Car!

12 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Despite me asking him every time I see him!

Have you tried asking for in in TT120?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Hroth said:

You should try offering him some of your cake when asking...

Then we could start a thread about how independent manufacturers are when choosing new models, rather than how independent magazines are when reviewing them.  Perhaps that is why there so many new 37s and 47s on the way, there is too much sponsored cake in the industry.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

Well I can safely now say, nothing in it for me, any chance of Hornby entering N scale went out the window in the summer.  So without seeing one item in the list I know there is nothing, nowt, zilch from Hornby for me this next 12 months or thereafter.

However, the timing of the announcements meaning it ends up in physical magazines for one company and digital magazines for another company, whilst online forums are still embargoed does seem off.

• Like 1

Just now, woodenhead said:

However, the timing of the announcements meaning it ends up in physical magazines for one company and digital magazines for another company, whilst online forums are still embargoed does seem off.

Strictly speaking, the emabrgo applies to all media. Both leaks were mistakes, and at least the digital offering was quickly pulled in response to the error.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Well I can safely now say, nothing in it for me, any chance of Hornby entering N scale went out the window in the summer.  So without seeing one item in the list I know there is nothing, nowt, zilch from Hornby for me this next 12 months or thereafter.

had the announcement date changed in case its an honest mistake? In recent years, it is normally a few days after new year when everyone goes back so I would have thought it would be a week later being 10th Jan

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Parker said:

Strictly speaking, the emabrgo applies to all media. Both leaks were mistakes, and at least the digital offering was quickly pulled in response to the error.

Hi,

Have to ask, its not a Spanish publishing company that's messed this up by any chance is it? LoL's

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Funny 7

1 minute ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi,

Have to ask, its not a Spanish publishing company that's messed this up by any chance is it? LoL's

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Apparently Simon Kohler is extremely upset by the portrayal of his company in the media and not getting any support from other manufacturers to defend Hornby against these baseless attacks.

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, GordonC said:

had the announcement date changed in case its an honest mistake

No. The embargo date was given at the time of the briefing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Apparently Simon Kohler is extremely upset by the portrayal of his company in the media and not getting any support from other manufacturers to defend Hornby against these baseless attacks.

'His Company'? since when?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

So that's Hornby Magazine, by a country mile; Railway Modeller and 'a major retailer'  spilling the beans early. Plenty of advanced practise for my 'nothing in it for me' post ;-)

And Hornby had the page for a new product/range up on their website (albeit without any specific items listed), since taken down.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It wouldn't be the first time people have worked out URLs once part of a path is known.

Now 'we' have 5 digit 'R' numbers it'll take a while to check from R00000 to R99999

• Like 1