Hornby new 2023 Range “announced” in the February 2023 Railway Modeller

Darius43

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Does it really matter in the great scheme of things if the embargo gets broken ... I suspect they are not that bothered over in Margate.

Maybe not but I'm not giving them ammo to grumble about RMweb.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

In the overall scheme of things, possibly not, but it is up to Hornby to decide that and they may have good reasons, such as getting the website readyt to take orders that would influence this.

Your knowledge of how bothered they are is different to mine. They certainly seemed bothered a few days ago by email.

Thanks Phil, I haven't seen the email you have ,my opinion was at best an assumption. Once Hornby have started to inform others of their intentions they start to lose control of the information as we have seen with 2 leaks. I can only go off previous years when leaks have occurred and the world continued to rotate that Hornby outwardly at least didn't seem to get their knickers in a twist over it. However being within the media and hobby as you are you may know differently?

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

no need to mod..

And no need to sit there nursing an overloaded server. Got the T shirt on Christmas Day and New Year's Day for that gig.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 points ;

1:  The only thing that "annoys" me is the bringing forward of the release time to 7:00 AM.  !0:00 AM was "civilised" and I could settle down with a cup of tea and relax.

2:  A suggest (please ignore is you don't agree)  -  with the overall, and individual item threads, couldn't the second post be along the lines of  "Would those people who do not think that "there is nothing here for me, please press "like" to this post and not jam up this thread with pointless comments"

Happy tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Thanks Phil, I haven't seen the email you have ,my opinion was at best an assumption. Once Hornby have started to inform others of their intentions they start to lose control of the information as we have seen with 2 leaks. I can only go off previous years when leaks have occurred and the world continued to rotate that Hornby outwardly at least didn't seem to get their knickers in a twist over it. However being within the media and hobby as you are you may know differently?

Cheers

Mark

Embargos exist for a reason - we often get information ahead of the publication date. It allows us to make sure everything is ready on the day without having to panic. All the Hornby threads are set up and ready to go for example. If everyone breaks the embargo, then we'd not be told before anyone else, and so you'd not get neat and easy to use threads as the details would have to be thrown at the forum in a mad rush. Breach the emarbgo, and next time you won't have advance warning. Outwardly, most people won't notice anything, but there would be consequences.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

1:  The only thing that "annoys" me is the bringing forward of the release time to 7:00 AM.  !0:00 AM was "civilised" and I could settle down with a cup of tea and relax.

Just stay in bed, I'm not taking a register.

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

25 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

In the overall scheme of things, possibly not, but it is up to Hornby to decide that and they may have good reasons, such as getting the website readyt to take orders that would influence this.

Your knowledge of how bothered they are is different to mine. They certainly seemed bothered a few days ago by email.

I suspect that it was deliberately intended to land trhe morning after the first episode of the TV series....

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

I suspect that it was deliberately intended to land trhe morning after the first episode of the TV series....

If that was the case tomorrow's announcements would have been TT. There is nothing in tonight's show that relates to tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Also one called "Trigger", a new Manor called "Broom Manor", and an Oxford Models of a yellow Trotters Independent Traders

Not Oxford, Corgi

https://www.darlingtondiecast.co.uk/product/corgi-only-fools-and-horses-ford-capri-reliant-regal-super-van-set-bnib-mint/

• Like 1

I've seen the list knocking around online and it wouldn't surprise me if there was something announced tomorrow that wasn't included at the press briefing. Didn't they do that a few years ago with either Rocket or the Terrier?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

Serious face for a minute, given the problems publishers must have with getting publications out at set dates in the immediate post Christmas period, which seems to make such accidental "spoilers" almost inevitable, why on Earth do Hornby still insist on this whole "big launch" farrago every year?  In the internet age and with social media leaking like the Titanic, surely Hornby need to move on and adapt the approach pretty much every other manufacturer is following, of announcing when stuff is on the slow boat from China?

it seems every year we have this accidental release of "gen", which of course is hugely entertaining for those who like secret squirreling but it does seem a bit old fashioned.

I do tend to agree.   I feel that Bachmann's quarterly announcements are much more acceptable even if perhaps Richard Proudman is not the best person to deliver them.  Far more interesting as a modeller to have four mini announcements than one around the festive period in my view. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Well … I’ve tuned into Yesterday channel to watch the Hornby World Series 2 (to fill the time before 7am tomorrow!) … only to see a great ship sinking! Anyone else having this?

CB701E4E-0700-497E-BF29-1965CF713AA1.jpeg.5d3086ebe5db360d16bb90a21b70b1d3.jpeg

I have a feeling SK isn’t having the best few days with some media! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Just now, Patriot87003 said:

Well … I’ve tuned into Yesterday channel to watch the Hornby World Series 2 (to fill the time before 7am tomorrow!) … only to see a great ship sinking! Anyone else having this?

CB701E4E-0700-497E-BF29-1965CF713AA1.jpeg.5d3086ebe5db360d16bb90a21b70b1d3.jpeg

I have a feeling SK isn’t having the best few days with some media! 

Someone mustn't have got their release in on time...

IMG_20230109_200814.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4