Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Initially disappointed it’s not my  313/314/315/507/508  - come on guys you know it makes sense . I thought everyone that needs one will already have a Hattons or Bachmann one , and at the lower cost end a Lima or Hornby one . But I now realise it is in fact the Hattons one re engineered , so makes good sense .   

On the stand the Mk2s look terrific 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Strangely enough I was thinking exactly the same thing, a certain Hattons 0-4-2 fitted to an Accurascale chassis that actually works would be fantastic...

As for the 66, I think its great news to see the ex Hattons model return to production with some improvements.  Not entirely sure what there is to do better with the lighting (I'm sure with the right decoder you had access to everything already), but the improvements to the bogies in particular are welcome (not to mention that Accurascale will actually paint it the right colour)

As long as DB don't do an ARC retro livery ;)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Dixie Dean said:

Any chance of an upgrade pack for those with Hatton's versions on the basis that if you don't ask you wont get

The 66 Project manager is at Glasgow but we’ll review and come back with what’s possible early next week. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Well done! I'm sure it will be a very popular model and you'll sell, err, shed loads!   😉

We get a lot of them passing through here on the Marston Vale Line. This 66723 Chinook passing Woburn Sands on 26 April 2022 with the 6H10 Bletchley Cemex Gbrfto Peak Forest Cemex Gbrf stone train.  

Ralph

Lambton58

DSC_0841.JPG

• Like 6

No matter how 'special' a locomotive is, I'll purchase for one reason alone - to run on the rails, so that will consequently mean it'll need to be serviced on regular occasions.

I love the initiative to move detailing parts to where they're more practically positioned, to permit easier body removal / replacement.

Not 'thinking out of the box', just thinking - thank you!

Al.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

No matter how 'special' a locomotive is, I'll purchase for one reason alone - to run on the rails, so that will consequently mean it'll need to be serviced on regular occasions.

I love the initiative to move detailing parts to where they're more practically positioned, to permit easier body removal / replacement.

Not 'thinking out of the box', just thinking - thank you!

Al.

Much the  same reason we’ll never run cable between removable parts or roofs. All of our models feature pogo connectors to ensure clear roof removal if needed without anything snagging. 

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

10 minutes ago, Lambton58 said:

Well done! I'm sure it will be a very popular model and you'll sell, err, shed loads!   😉

We get a lot of them passing through here on the Marston Vale Line. This 66723 Chinook passing Woburn Sands on 26 April 2022 with the 6H10 Bletchley Cemex Gbrfto Peak Forest Cemex Gbrf stone train.  

Ralph

Lambton58

DSC_0841.JPG

I'd like that one too please

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TangerineWizards said:

Do you have any further info on this?

You will get basic start up and speed dependent running sounds; no horns and whistles, no ancilliary equipment noises.

• Like 2

I am pleased this has happened. The Hattons 66 was great and it looks like Accurascale are going to make it even better.

I aren't ordering any yet though. I want to know what else crops up nearer the time. I don't need any/many more 66s so I can be picky. Shopping list as it stands would be a DRS one (which I missed from Hattons), and possibly the Climate Hero one. 

I know there will be people wanting Evening Star, LU ones and the likes but given they have already been done by Bachmann I think it would be best to target the ones never done to begin with.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

The 66 Project manager is at Glasgow but we’ll review and come back with what’s possible early next week. 

Whilst I’m not an owner of the Hattons 66, if they can be made I’m sure you’ll have a large group of very grateful followers who’ll no doubt be even more inclined to spend their £££ in the future with you. Obviously, though it has to be made in a way that can be done so reasonably reliably and that might not be practical.

There can now surely be no doubt in anyone’s mind that you are very much a big player now and not the underdog.

What a cracking bit of news though with what feels like a win for Hattons, yourselves and the modelling community and are doing so openly and transparently.

I’m going to wait and see what comes out in terms of exclusives if only to get a pretty box!

Edited by E100
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, just ordered a DRS sound fitted. Wrong era and no rolling stock to go with it. Just couldn't resist. Just looks and sounds so flippin' marvellous. Well done Accurascale - keeping the good work of Hattons going, plus Accurascale enhancements. We are a fortunate to have you guys pushing the boundaries.

• Like 4

I have ordered one in EWS livery. Been after another Hattons one for ages to partner my current Hattons EWS example. Brother has ordered a GBRF one too for the layout. 

Both Sound! First time I have ordered sound brand new - excited is an understatement 😁

• Like 2

Definitely didn’t see this coming and glad to see the tooling not going to waste and I know you guys can make it brilliant. You know how to ruin my credit card. Does anyone know how much 2 kidneys, 1 liver and a nagging mum sell for? 

cheers Craig 

Edited by Craig1989
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Your kidding me arent you…

i’m heading to Euston shortly to take the sleeper up to Glasgow tomorrow and torture, torment, beg, steal, borrow, bribe, arm twist, plain just get on my hands and knees and wail hopelessly at them to convince them why Electrostar is a good idea at Model Rail Scotland tomorrow…

i might even resort to nicking a 377 from Selhurst and push it up there and park it infront of them, and push button, beeping noise, open / close the unit doors all day long.

its a late finish too.. 6pm!

Stay calm @adb968008, the lads just know that one is more appropriate to release at Ally Pally. And if they don’t, it’s not so far for you to push one. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

Out of my era but what a cracking announcement / piece of business for the longevity and improvement of the model.

With this and the 37s you can spend 10 more years cranking out variety.

There may come a day I fold and just invoke rule 1 even though they are 15 years after my modelling period!

Well done Accurascale.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Growling said:

Out of my era but what a cracking announcement / piece of business for the longevity and improvement of the model.

With this and the 37s you can spend 10 more years cranking out variety.

There may come a day I fold and just invoke rule 1 even though they are 15 years after my modelling period!

Well done Accurascale.

I invoked rule 1 with a couple of Hattons 66s as they were hard to resist. Won’t get anymore sheds, so saving my money for when Accurascale announce a Class 40 (go on, you know it makes sense).

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

26 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I invoked rule 1 with a couple of Hattons 66s as they were hard to resist. Won’t get anymore sheds, so saving my money for when Accurascale announce a Class 40 (go on, you know it makes sense).

Roy

The 40 arguably is the cream of diesels.

Basher heaven. 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Well my wallet breathes a sigh of relief. Although I model current scene (in theory), a class 66 will not darken my track, they're simply too ugly! *snatches up tin helmet and runs for cover* I might make an exception for a Royal Scotsman one, if I ever get my rake of RS coaches built.

But for Accurascale this is definitely a good move. Absolutely ubiquitous loco, hundreds of them running around and in dozens of liveries. Question know is "does Bachmann have a response?" It's been a few years since they've had a release. Are Bachmann working away quietly on an upgraded version that will appear suddenly one quarter? But for now at least the "serious" end of the class 66 is open to Accurascale. 

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Are you maintaining the same sound chip and configuration?  It just really drives nicely and can be operated pretty authentically. 

Thanks. 

Yes.  A 16CSVT would sound luvverly.  I would even have one meself