Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 66, By Accurascale

You'd have to know the commercial agreements .

Accura buy the tooling off hattons ( or a more complicated tie up )but if that's the case i'd imagine the commercial licences for livery reproduction were with hattons not accura ? And of course the pink thing involves both freightliner and the ONE shipping line 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Eddie the dog said:

Off topic, but I do hope that Accurascale reduce the size of their standard boxes for the 66’ so that

i can integrate them with my existing Hattons. 🙏

All our locos come in accuraStandard boxes. Hope that helps with planning :) 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

Hi

I don't know if this question has been asked before my apologies if it has.

Does the GBRF 66 66779 Evening star model come with Bells at both ends, because Bachmann chose not to fit them on their model even though they showed them on the original advert.

Bob

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dieselbob said:

Hi

I don't know if this question has been asked before my apologies if it has.

Does the GBRF 66 66779 Evening star model come with Bells at both ends, because Bachmann chose not to fit them on their model even though they showed them on the original advert.

Bob

You know it will have all the bells,and whistles and might have them ringable on the sound version to keep @big jim from breaking glass.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Just had this email from Hattons. Is this related to the smaller batch/production runs as intimated? (At least I've got mine in!)

image.png.63fb8c9e3bd773f84392b8f0b1f2a5ac.png

Edited by newbryford
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, McC said:

Nothing to do with the run, or ordering, it's purely an internal cut off for our retail partners for their guaranteed orders. 

A few of us have been caught out with your website selling out, does this apply here also ?

(Do I need to get my rear in gear ?)

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

A few of us have been caught out with your website selling out, does this apply here also ?

(Do I need to get my rear in gear ?)

We'll let you know once we're getting close to sold out, as I'm sure will our partners.

18 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Hi @McC. As one of your retailers, we have heard nothing regarding this. Other than seeing it on here or social media. Not able to order the 66’s.

Email shot went out this morning - drop trade support an email if you didn't get it (perhaps check spam?)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Hi @McC. As one of your retailers, we have heard nothing regarding this. Other than seeing it on here or social media. Not able to order the 66’s.

Hi Barry,

An email was sent out to all retailers this morning at 10am and your shop is on the list. We suggest you check your spam folder ask your email provider why you are not receiving our emails as all other retailers seem to be?

If you have any further issues feel free to email us.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McC said:

We'll let you know once we're getting close to sold out, as I'm sure will our partners.

Email shot went out this morning - drop trade support an email if you didn't get it (perhaps check spam?)

Hi Fran,

l did at 1023 this morning. Received a reply a short while ago after posting the above. Always check spam.

Cheers

Barry.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Hi Fran,

l did at 1023 this morning. Received a reply a short while ago after posting the above. Always check spam.

Cheers

Barry.

Hi Barry,

Great! I'm sure the team will get you sorted.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Just had this email from Hattons. Is this related to the smaller batch/production runs as intimated? (At least I've got mine in!)

image.png.63fb8c9e3bd773f84392b8f0b1f2a5ac.png

Hi Mick,

Not particularly, we ask all retailers to place their order for each model by a certain cut off date so we can guarantee they get what they want to order. The 66s are about to go into production in the next couple of weeks so their deadline for ordering has been sent out this morning.

Apparently some other manufacturers have been under supplying retailers on models, leading to disappointed customers who are left empty handed despite having a pre-order with their preferred retailer. This prevents that, unless the retailer themselves oversells it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Dieselbob.

It sure does, and very nice it looks too (deco samples may have arrived recently, look out for news soon! :) )

Cheers!

Fran 

This is great news looking forward to seeing how these look. Will these samples be used on making tracks 3 over the summer at all? It would be a good way of showing what the improved 66 is capable of.

Regards Gary

• Like 1

Not one to touch potentially controversial subjects - Class 40? 😜 - but let's talk axleboxes.

Has this been slightly, or even substantially redesigned?

Will the 66 be issued with rotating AB's - I've lost track somewhere - and are they, for example, pushed onto serrated edges on slightly longer axles?

On an interesting aside, I've just lost my first rotating AB on my Dapol 59 - OK, it came off, was easily located, and it's glued 'n' trued ready for action again tomorrow.

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Is the 59 a long axle with the detail cap on the end so it runs true?

TBH my bad - I was on autopilot of in / repair / out ... !

I think it was slightly shorter than it is in diameter, or at least no more.

I simply put a 'little dab' of superglue onto the hollowed inside - shaft I don't remember any undulations, just smooth - and simply pushed on, as 'gently firmly' as possible - seemingly matching the others, with a clear gap all around, without modification.

I had her moving slightly, just to shunt the 14x 100 tonne Bachmann TEA tankers back to where I wanted, and that's where she stays, overnight.

I think there was more axle than seen on the Hattons 66.

If another drops off - it's taken 12 months for the 1st one! - I'll definitely make a few measurements!

Al.