Statfold Barn Model Railway Exhibition.

LNERandBR

• RMweb Gold

What a fab set of photos. Thanks Adrian.

Not a hint of any filth or pollution let alone dog poo to be seen. 

Great stuff. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, richard brown said:

Hi all here is my video from this great show 

Statfold Model railway Exhibition 2023

richard

trains in the attic 

Wow how did you manage to keep your lens so clean... 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• Administrators

Very enjoyable show. Cracking venue. An interesting selection of layouts, good trade. Lots of chat.

Smoke1.jpg

And lots of filth outside too, with at least six different locos running.

However, there is a but, and it's a big one. Where was the amazing cake stand that was in the roundhouse last year? I feel a stern letter to the organiser coming on, once I've found my green ink. 😁

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Looks like a fantastic place to hold a model railway exhibition.  Live steam narrow gauge and model railways - what’s not to like 😀

Cheers

Darius

Smoke and smuts apparently, 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Finally home after a wonderful time exhibiting Tytton Hall Yard. Thank you to everyone who stopped by for a chat. We all had an excellent time at an excellent exhibition.

We had one techical gremlin with our Lenz DCC system but swiftly swapped from our clubs command station to mine. We think the fix is a minor one but at a show it's quicker to swap rarther than troubleshoot 😁

I hope the Statfold Model Railway Exhibition becomes a mainstay on the exhibition calendar. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I enjoyed my day at the steam and smoke ridden sh!thole yesterday.

It's done my pneumonicosis no good whatsoever, but I enjoyed peering through the haze at the exhibits with my runny bloodshot eyes, so much so, that, like others , I hope there's another one next year.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

We had a great time exhibiting ‘Mortimer Street Depot’ at Statfold this weekend. It’s been a great weekend away, well organised and Joey and Tony (the organisers) couldn’t do any more to help and assist. We all enjoyed chatting to people, especially when it was three people deep at a point on Saturday morning!

FCC80315-7284-4103-BC61-5689A81EC0F1.jpeg

• Like 5

On 01/04/2023 at 18:23, PaulaDoesTrains said:

Went this morning. What a horrible, horrible place. I only really went to see the Gauge 1 layout. It took me absolutely ages to find it and I had to endure significant exposure to the filth from the steam locos to get to and from the shed where they'd hidden the Gauge 1 layout. When I got home I had to have shower and put all my clothes in the wash due the stench of the pollution I'd been exposed to. A nasty experience at a rip-off price. Hated it and will never ever go back there for any reason.

Ok.

Well, as we broke last years attendance record with this year's crowds, and the show was considered a roaring success by all involved both exhibitor and organiser alike (to the point next year's already on sale) I think we'll cope without your £14 and apparently inability to comprehend the "Railway" part of "Statfold Barn Railway."

Please, stick to your models if a bit of soot on the 9 (yes, 9!) steam locomotives that were put out for the public to enjoy (Including one you could drive yourself for a reasonable beer token) bothers you so much. 

On 01/04/2023 at 19:56, 009 micro modeller said:

A bit off-topic but I’d be interested to know more about what they’re doing with the tram (in an operational sense, I already know about its repatriation and restoration). Is it still 3ft gauge (rather than original 3’ 6”) and now battery-powered? And how far can it run up and down at Statfold?

It's still 3ft gauge and running on the Lisbon Chassis assigned to it when running in Detroit. It has Brill axleboxes too. This allowed the SBR to stick another rail out, allowing for the line to be 3ft, 18" and 4' 8.5"

No 14 is a wonderful mix of of its history and one I can (and often do) bore visitors to tears about it.

On 02/04/2023 at 19:29, Phil Parker said:

However, there is a but, and it's a big one. Where was the amazing cake stand that was in the roundhouse last year? I feel a stern letter to the organiser coming on, once I've found my green ink. 😁

I seem to dimly remember chatting with them at the end of Last Year's show after they'd done such an amazing trade over the weekend, I think they had a prior engagement or something that meant they couldn't return.

I was as bitterly dissapointed as you were as I usually would stop and have a natter with them between mouthfuls of cake!

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 4