Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The J67/68/69 ‘Buckjumper’, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Lovely looking engine, and it looks that Paul has planned it well. Not really for me, but that GER No.84 looks fantastic, may get tempted.

Wow £139.99 - how do you do it? Was expecting to see something significantly higher. Well done again lads...

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Whoop, whoop, flippin' whoop.....!!!!!! 

Need to sit down now before I'm sick. 

Rob

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Yeah that’s really nice . Even though not my area I fancy a GER blue one .

still not my 313/314/315/507/508 though . When oh when are we going to get  an AC suburban emu . This is 100 years too early ! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

What a cute little loco. Paul gave a great history of the "buckjumpers" in that video.

Looking at the imaging with one eye closed you could easily see it painted in industrial liveries 

Great stuff

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Accurascale on yet another exciting loco announcement! We wish Paul and the team every success.

The class had been High Polling in The 00 Wishlist Poll but entered The Top 50 in overall position 20 in 2019 and then moved up to overall position ninth in 2022.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well, well, well. This is definitely going to be my first Accurascale purchase. I may need a little modeller's licence, since the early BR one, despite being a GER loco, was far away from GER metals in that era! But, given that my layout is based on a proposed line which never came to fruition in real life, I suppose I can always argue that in my alternate reality 68535 never went up north either. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Choking back my ac emu disappointment this really is a good announcement . Not a duplication, a tank loco that has been much requested and quite well spread geographically . I can even have one in Scotland , although not the GER blue one !  It’s a good price too . Well done Accurascale team . Still setting the standard 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Legend said:

Choking back my ac emu disappointment this really is a good announcement . Not a duplication, a tank loco that has been much requested and quite well spread geographically . I can even have one in Scotland , although not the GER blue one !  It’s a good price too . Well done Accurascale team . Still setting the standard 

Don't worry Legend, it's coming too :) 

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Fantastic choice! For those more in the know, is there anything detail wise stopping me from renumbering GER 84 to the preserved example?

Cheers,

Or if you wait a couple of days or even hours might there not be an NRM Collection one coming along?

They're not going to do a national collection loco without the NRM doing a special.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

I don’t need a steam engine I’m a modern image modeller. I don’t need a steam engine I’m a modern image modeller. 

Who am I kidding, that’ll be another one for the museum branch. GER blue or Liverpool St Pilot? Hmm decisions, decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Or if you wait a couple of days or even hours might there not be an NRM Collection one coming along?

They're not going to do a national collection loco without the NRM doing a special.

I initially forgot that it was an NRM loco, but then remembered seeing it sat around the turntable at York when I was younger. 

Very pretty little loco and I really do hope we get a NCIM version. 

Cheers,

Edit: I always used to think it was called Enfield town on those early visits, before I learned what destination boards were

Edited by 60800
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1