The J67/68/69 ‘Buckjumper’, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Even I - even I! - saw 68619 at Liv St in its considerable glory, so a lovely model is in prospect.

In an era when RTR small tank locos are selling well, but many are of industrial heritage, it is nice to see such a mainstream loco from a Pre-Grouping Company, and it is certain to sell well. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 10

This is a very brave decision. Hardly any two of these locomotives were identical particularly in the R24 series. There are different widths of cab, different widths of side tanks, different or no condensing equipment, flat topped side tanks or those with raised side tanks, wheels having differing numbers of spokes. The list goes on.

Retford does have a J69 and here she is along with A3 St Gatien.6EAE20DC-99EA-445D-B920-69C955A967BF.jpeg.41e7f17fdf920ee90219851cfee91fba.jpeg

This is 68519 but I don’t know the origin of the model. It may be scratch built or it may be a much modified London Road Models kit. Retford had 4 shedded there in 1957 so I could do with at least one more. Photos show that ideally it should be an R24 with widened side tanks and a raised cab roof. Unfortunately Accurascale don’t seem to be producing a model with this configuration but I it may appear in the future. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Delighted with this announcement. I suspect British Railways are going to transfer a certain locomotive from Dundee to run on an East Anglian light railway that didn't exist in real life…

Glad it's to have stay-alive. IMHO 0-6-0Ts really need this to work well with DCC sound. Hoping it sells well so some alternative versions might be produced in future — a later period LNER one and an alternative early crest version…

• Like 3

Absolutely astounded at this! Such a unique engine that other companies have glossed over. Pre-ordered SF LST pilot, and the original GER Blue one too. Can't wait to take a look at the 3D printed sample tomorrow! 

Nathan...

• Like 2

Oh my word!!!!! Have been hoping for someone to announce a J69, was not expecting it to be Accurascale however. Very very happy and have gone straight in for 68619 with sound, rule 1 will apply in that it’s been cascaded from pilot duties by the 15 a little earlier and has been reallocated to the countryside. Looking forward to my first Accurascale purchase. Might go for 68646 if that can be accurately forward-dated to early crest era, I doubt it somehow! 

Question on the sound-file, 68633 hasn’t steamed in preservation so have you gone for a generic sound file or have you stitched something accurate together from archive footage? 

Edited by NXEA!
  • Like 2

Having escaped from all Accurascale's previous loco announcements, you've finally got me this time. 68619 pre-ordered and extremely tempted by the J68.

A few things to mention:

1. I find it weird to call 68619 "Liverpool St Shed Pet" as I believe it should be "Stratford Shed Pet" or "Liverpool St Pilot" or both. Liverpool St wasn't a shed.

2. Could you clarify on 68535's class? Product name says J67 but product description says J69.

3. In 68535's description, Dundee's shed code should be 62B, not 32B.

The J69 isn't complete without Quint-Arts, so we'll be anticipating (my wallet is not). Another thing I'm anticipating is a lost class. The J69 is, again, a preserved class and thus 3D-scanned. I remember you guys said you'll be doing a class that's long lost, but the J69 isn't it, so looking forward to whatever that is.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Absolutely right for me. But...

The only LNER one is only valid for 1923/4. I want to support it and buy one but what to do :(

Well, do as I'll do, order the GER one, and wait for the next batch.